Yellow | New Finger Scanning Time Keeping System At YRC!

after fighting for years they can no longer put papers with your social security # out in public like on a lunch room table . now they have your finger print in an old computer system that can be hacked with ease . no dock worker were ever finger printed .

The computer system the fingerprints are on is a private, internal company network, not the Internet. Big difference.

As one dispatcher told me.He thinks it's a waste of time and MONEY.He also said if they were really serious about it.They wouldn't have left him a zerox copy of how to finger print and operate machines.No conference held for training

How much #@*%$#@ training does it take to place your index finger on a little "window"?
Well you remember when Yellow or Roadway introduced something new of this nature.All the authorities involved had real training sessions.now...not so much.Youre right though.Just another way to spend more money on training and handling the motley crue

If YRC has fingerprints from 1987, then wouldn't it be simple enough for the morons to scan the prints on file, and assign them to my current ID badge number?
Also, pre-employment with Roadway required an old style lie-detector test complete with wires attached.

This whole issue is a "tempest in a teapot". If you post anything on Facebook you're giving up exponentially more personal info than what YRCF has!

How much #@*%$#@ training does it take to place your index finger on a little "window"?
Kind of like being a flagger behind a manure spreader!!! Does not take long on the 1 training aspect of where NOT to stand !!!!

As one dispatcher told me.He thinks it's a waste of time and MONEY.He also said if they were really serious about it.They wouldn't have left him a zerox copy of how to finger print and operate machines.No conference held for training
If people were not stealing time, a.k.a., theft of time, it probably would have been left alone and money not spent on it. Sadly, I have seen people having someone else punching them in and out for years. And they think it is o.k. YRC owes them they say. It still is stealing $$$$.

well 3 times i reported people that did not work in our terminal just coming on the dock at the empty city end in charlotte and walking right over and on our computers .2 were drivers from other term and 1 was an out side vender

well 3 times i reported people that did not work in our terminal just coming on the dock at the empty city end in charlotte and walking right over and on our computers .2 were drivers from other term and 1 was an out side vender

That's not a "hacking" issue. That's just dumb site security in general. Intruders could just as easily have taken personal belongings from the locker room if security is that bad. Also it's not good policy to leave any computer logged on if no one is using it.

Not all about time theft.How about a sleeper team that are scheduled for work at a certain departure time.Say one of the drivers lives on the route of that sleeper team.So the partner that lives on that route has his partner pick him up on the way.Say that the only driver runs into an accident before his partner's home on the route.How about a team being on the delay clock but only one of them is there? These things have happened

Not all about time theft.How about a sleeper team that are scheduled for work at a certain departure time.Say one of the drivers lives on the route of that sleeper team.So the partner that lives on that route has his partner pick him up on the way.Say that the only driver runs into an accident before his partner's home on the route.How about a team being on the delay clock but only one of them is there? These things have happened
I doubt YRCF would allow a sleeper driver to pick up his co driver enroute. They do not care if the " interstae runs through your front yard" as Mellencamp would say .

I doubt YRCF would allow a sleeper driver to pick up his co driver enroute. They do not care if the " interstae runs through your front yard" as Mellencamp would say .
That's what the company says but it has happened.Now with the finger scan both team drivers have to scan in.