TForce | New Pups

Again, there are no logos. zilch, nada, not anything but the reflective tape on the doors. the unit # is on the header on the left side in 2" black numbers. the door frames are stainless steel and the floors are all wood.

hugnlug said:
Sorry if I didn't clarify the bottomless statement. Of coarse they watch the bottomline, thats why they are successful. I would think that the two tone is here to stay, but you never know. It certainly isn't as a complex design as the old blue and gray. I have a feeling that once we are union, they phase out or merge UPS CSI.
hugnlug,
I hope yall are succesful in your pursuit to organize. I love the fact I have a "voice" and "rights" at work
Now back to the two tone. I feel its a marketing ploy, to make "frieght" standout. To catch everyone's eye. If they wouldve went with the traditional brown right off, yall wouldve just blended in and no one wouldve noticed.But I have been wrong before and the two tone could be here to stay. Saw the first one today headed up I75. Looked real good. He was pulling doubles, one new, no logo's and one old. Strange that all our new pup's come with the logo but yall's dont. And it wasnt UPS' traditional gray trailer, it was white.
Are yalls new pup's equipped with the low pintle hook?

krash said:
hugnlug,
I hope yall are succesful in your pursuit to organize. I love the fact I have a "voice" and "rights" at work
Now back to the two tone. I feel its a marketing ploy, to make "frieght" standout. To catch everyone's eye. If they wouldve went with the traditional brown right off, yall wouldve just blended in and no one wouldve noticed.But I have been wrong before and the two tone could be here to stay. Saw the first one today headed up I75. Looked real good. He was pulling doubles, one new, no logo's and one old. Strange that all our new pup's come with the logo but yall's dont. And it wasnt UPS' traditional gray trailer, it was white.
Are yalls new pup's equipped with the low pintle hook?
That is what they call marketing. You are right. It is confusing enough for a customer sometimes to realize that there is now a freight division. Thank God for the gray shirts too. In the first few days many customers asked if I was there for the small packages. I'd say right church, wrong pew. Now it's been almost a month and I think it's starting to pay off with big $$$ for UPSF. The freight is on the rise in the Nor'east. As for the trailers, from what skeeterhawk has said they look just like UPS trailers, gray Great Danes with emblem and UPS Freight logo down back. I saw an older one the other day that looked like it just had a primer on it, kinda white. The pintles are still standard height as far as I know. That would cost way too much to change at this point.

Do the new pups still have the nose poles?

I think we are the last trucking company in the world that still use those poles.

I have an assigned day cab,and I carry a sledge hammer,and crow bar so I can get those poles up,and down.
Every once in a while we even have to hook a chain to the back frame of another tractor to pull them out enough to get them put back up on an out bound load.

Well I guess thats just one more adventure we have to deal with in our daily routine at Overnite with their new name,UPS Freight.

On another note I did see a license plate on the front of a tractor from Indiana that had a UPS logo on the upper left corner.

Overnite was registered most of their tractors in Oklahoma for as long as I've worked for them.
It must be cheaper for UPS to register their power units in Indiana.

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

skeeterhawk said:
what does this mean? the new pups here are ready with the UPS logo and ups freight on the side with the pre-painted gray panels
Hey skeeterhawk, he must be seeing the last batch of pups that "O" bought right after the buyout. The ones with the "Our People Make The Difference" tag on the back. I wonder why though they never had put the emblem or UPS Freight name on the rear door? We also got a new tractor from the factory the other day. It certainly stands out. Class act!! I just hope they keep them clean and well maintained. On a different note, it is weird seeing that tractor in the yard. Looks kinda out of place. I guess we are not at Overnite anymore Dorothy.

We'er still working for all the overnite management,and all the old way of running freight we just have a new name,and new apperence rules.

When UPS finaly kicks in their way of doing things.

the saying will go from(Our people Make The Difference)To (Our People are Different)

Yuk,Yuk,Yuk!!!!!!!!
Just kidding a good laugh never hurts now,and than.

Heard some FedEx drivers out west bad mouthing UPSF. Saying UPS is not happy with us and having union problems.

I guess they feel more secure because they don't have union problems. Also after the purchase of Watkins they feel they are going to leave us in the dust.

Well, I guess they never came up against the real Overnite people. The ones that pulled together through the UPR and teamsters battle.

Just look out FedEx when the going gets tough {OUR PEOPLE MAKE THE DIFFERENCE}
We will all pull together.

Old School said:
Trailers are manufactured by Great Dane in the midwest in Kewanee Illinois. I have seen alot of ABF being delivered on I-80 but no UPS Freight yet.

Better look harder one line is UPSF coming out and the other ABF is the way I hear it.

Building 40 a day.

Old School said:
Trailers are manufactured by Great Dane in the midwest in Kewanee Illinois. I have seen alot of ABF being delivered on I-80 but no UPS Freight yet.

One Company, One Union, ONE PAYSCALE

How about: Two companies, one union, Two pay scales. :biglaugh: :duh: :smilie_132:

So do these new pups still have the nose poles?

How come no-one answered my question about the nose posts?

We don't have real long twin screws anymore.
So why do our pups still have nose posts?

Other than our trailers I can't remember seeing anyother company that still use them?

Hello is anyone going to answer me?

Apostolic said:

Other than our trailers I can't remember seeing anyother company that still use them?

Same management! :duh: :smilie_132:

Apostolic said:

Don't forget we still have the truck load division with all three axles. They might haul pups from time to time. Or we may have to use a three axle on heavy trailers.

That's all I can think of.