TForce | New Pups

thanks for the picture skeeterhawk.

Now to get off this theard somewhat.
My nice new shinny black Bates steel toe boots are all scuffed up already.

The first time I wore them was the UPS Freight launch date 5/1/06.
Its only been 31 days in May,and 15 days so far in June,minus 2 days for the week ends I don't wear them.
Thats really not long,
and they'er really looking shabby.

Working P & D I get to close, and personal with the freight I deliver on my route trailer.
I have inside Mall deliveries,a few times a week
As much as I'm trying to be careful but its just not working out.

Even though I'm making good money I hope with the uniform policy that I won't have to purchase new shoes,every 2 months?

So anyone on the truckingboards got any ideas?

Hows everyone else that works P & D doing with their shinny safety shoe?
Thanks in advance for any of your thoughts on this subject.

Apostolic said:

Its only been 31 days in May,and 15 days so far in June,minus 2 days for the week ends I don't wear them.
Thats really not long,

Working P & D I get to close, and personal with the freight I deliver on my route trailer.

Even though I'm making good money I hope with the uniform policy that I won't have to purchase new shoes,every 2 months?

They need to be polished and buffed everynight.

Carry a brush in your tractor like most feeder drivers do and polish or buff them before you go in to a customer.

If the boots get a fresh coat of polish everynight they will nevber look scuffed.

Ask your TM to get a shine machine like all the UPS buildings have. Not bending over, just flip the switch and stick your boot under thge rotatng brushes.

Thanks for the tip about my shoes Teamster 251..

Nose poles...RATS
Why do we still have thoses big pains in the neck?

Apostolic said:

Thats really not long,

A Kiwi shoe kit. Come on Apo you were in the service. I know you know how to shine boondockers. Put the polish on at night. Then buff in the morning. They'll look like glass.

Teamster251 said:
They need to be polished and buffed everynight.

Carry a brush in your tractor like most feeder drivers do and polish or buff them before you go in to a customer.

If the boots get a fresh coat of polish everynight they will nevber look scuffed.

Ask your TM to get a shine machine like all the UPS buildings have. Not bending over, just flip the switch and stick your boot under thge rotatng brushes.
How about just sticking the TM in the corner.

Apo. try putting rubbers over your steel toes, like the kind with the big buckles. that should protect the new look on your shoes. just an idea.

The way some of these guys grip about shined shoes. Make you wonder if they were slobs or lousy dressers before. I've always had shined shoes and never had a problem with it.
I guess some people are just not happy unless they are crying about something.

Apostolic said:
Nose poles...RATS
Why do we still have thoses big pains in the neck?

I'm guessing they moved the landing gear farther back so the trailers can be pulled with twin screws easily. Moving the landing gear back would require a nose pole to keep the trailer from going down with a lot of weight in the nose