XPO | New trucks/trailer in xcw last night

Not sure how the FACs are working were you all run but at most FACs there is no need to run pups at all. We don't utilize them with pures or even headloads. Might as well just pull 53 footers and load them for a 250 mile trip to be broke again. Maybe the new management will see loading past the next terminal and get back to loading long, cutting rehandling and claims. Press on

53 or 28x2=56

53 or 33x2=66

and with a day cab on the toll road 53 or 28x3=84

It's a clear win for the companies hauling sets.

As far as loading them correctly. All we can do is hope Jacobs fixes that. We used to know better ourselves. Back before computers told us not to.

Has any one considered how long it will take to get around another truck that is running a couple of MPH slower and wants to make passing him as hard as he can one you with all of that length behind you. May not seem like much but, ten feet is a lot at times like that.

You will probably want to wait for a better moment before you jump out with ten more feet and likely 10K more freight holding you back.

Nice truck. But I just don't get the rebrand of all company equipment. I bet it's in the millions. Why not just slap a sticker on the old equipment in bold letters. "A XPO COMPANY."
TkrLLIo.jpg

I don't think this guy does anything half ass I think he wants it to look nice. Not just slap a sticker on it.
I agree. Customers actually do care about these things. It's a subtle message that clean professionally branded equipment is sending. When any one hears the word Central Transport, you automatically think yellow POS trucks rolling down the highway. As humans these things are subconscious but we do think about them.
These are the issues we discuss as I am working on my MBA at the moment..Humans like to think they are smart and make logical choices..But we are irrational creatures and act based on feelings and attachment we have to products/companies.

I agree. Customers actually do care about these things. It's a subtle message that clean professionally branded equipment is sending. When any one hears the word Central Transport, you automatically think yellow POS trucks rolling down the highway. As humans these things are subconscious but we do think about them.
These are the issues we discuss as I am working on my MBA at the moment..Humans like to think they are smart and make logical choices..But we are irrational creatures and act based on feelings and attachment we have to products/companies.
I agree with the Central Transport perception. But I always thought the Conway name had a good reputation. I said just slap a sticker on but a profession graphic job placing "A XPO COMPANY" in strategic locations could be just as effective. I just can't see rebranding actually getting you more business. You are either a Conway customer or your not. Just my opinion and I don't have a marketing degree. It just seems logical that just a name change won't get you more business.

If the new owner is trying to disassociate himself with the name Conway why is it being put in his new graphics. I'm not trying to be confrontational. I'm just trying to understand. Is he just trying to say the new and improved Conway under new ownership?

When you UPS bought Overnite they didn't spend millions on rebranding. I suspect they realized it wouldn't get them more business. You must earn that through your service among many other things. I will move on now and leave you guys alone. Best of luck .... If you gain new market share it will be because of your hard work and dedication. Not a name change. IMO.

I heard a guy say it was something like 26 million he plans on rebranding
That's a lot of bonus money. But if he thinks he can recoup it through rebranding then who am I to say otherwise. I just wish he would have divided that money up for you guys in bonus money. After all you guys are the ones that built this company.