XPO | New uniforms?

Our tablecloth shirts are still better than the uniforms that they use at Highland Water Co. in Littleton, Co. Yes, they actually wear kilts, its one way to stand out and differentiate yourself from the 1000's of other water companies out there.

Picture%201.jpg

Andy Bosselman: Men in Kilts

Kilts would be cool. Just pull up the skirt and pee! No zippers. It would be kind of fun to moon the public too!

and now back to the show....

what do you think was the process... the goals for the team that designed the new color scheme for our equipment. And what do you think was the talk when the final design was presented to the mystical round table of Ann Arbor? maybe "wow, that's sharp" or maybe "that's going to really get their attention".

If you could compare the advertising value of every second our logo is seen on the #6 truck on Speedvision, every second our logo flashes as a backdrop to an NFL news conference, and every time an employee is seen by a customer, which would offer more value for the buck? Maybe this time the first priority won't be to spend as little as possible on the garments.

I want that same vision and end result in our uniforms as the logo change on the equipment... something simple in design and attractively identified with only our company.

and now back to the show....

what do you think was the process... the goals for the team that designed the new color scheme for our equipment. And what do you think was the talk when the final design was presented to the mystical round table of Ann Arbor? maybe "wow, that's sharp" or maybe "that's going to really get their attention".

If you could compare the advertising value of every second our logo is seen on the #6 truck on Speedvision, every second our logo flashes as a backdrop to an NFL news conference, and every time an employee is seen by a customer, which would offer more value for the buck? Maybe this time the first priority won't be to spend as little as possible on the garments.

I want that same vision and end result in our uniforms as the logo change on the equipment... something simple in design and attractively identified with only our company.

Now I am going to be serious ... the shirt looks like one of two things ... something you cover a picnic table or something the wal mart drivers wear .... There was nothing wrong with the old brown and whites ... the coats we have now are made like crap ... my brown one has held up better than the blue ones .... personally ... get rid of the table clothes ... give the drivers the whites back because it actually was a brand recognition .... I do not know what south or west wore but I am sure they may feel the same way most of us in central feel ... even some of the customers I go to regularly have said those uniform tops look gay

My whole point was misconstrued...we are working class folks...hard workers that earn their living by the sweat of their brow and the knowledge they possess.

There was a point made about doctors and dentists having dirty whites....and how one would feel about them if they showed up to treat you in not-so-clean apparel.

Apples and oranges..Drs. are in the sanitary field...they have to be by virtue of contamination. Dangerous infections lurk everywhere in their environ.

We on the other hand work in very dirty environment. Added to that the different and varied places we service. We are going to get dirty...I have seen folks in very dirty uniforms in the grocery on their way home from work and think to myself 'they must have had a very rough day'. And at the same time thought 'there is a real working person. (politically correct)...they earn their money!'

If one wants to look so pristine at the end of the day...you are in the wrong biz. We are in a very dirty business...in more ways than one!

I stand by my original analysis...the whites were a cut above and beyond...we stood out...we were noticed. And how many of your customers in the Central Region still refer to you as CCX? That happened for a reason...we were something different and looked different than our competitors...

Now we look like the Pepsi man...or something similar...or hell!...we just look plain worse!

Rat

Apples and oranges yes Rat. I realize they work in a sanitary field but I was just trying to make a point. How about the plumber that walks into your house all dirty and sweaty? Point I was trying to make was that the "general public" doesn't see you as a hard worker when you are dirty. They just think you are dirty. I know how hard we work and what we do is dirty but remember, the general public is kind of misinformed. And yes, these uniforms suck.

Now I am going to be serious ... the shirt looks like one of two things ... something you cover a picnic table or something the wal mart drivers wear .... There was nothing wrong with the old brown and whites ... the coats we have now are made like crap ... my brown one has held up better than the blue ones .... personally ... get rid of the table clothes ... give the drivers the whites back because it actually was a brand recognition .... I do not know what south or west wore but I am sure they may feel the same way most of us in central feel ... even some of the customers I go to regularly have said those uniform tops look gay
The South uniforms we had before these looked like table cloths. And the ones before that looked like clown suits..

They are gay! When they first came out, my manager ask me what I thought about them. I told him I would put my gay uniform on, jump in my f*g blue truck and get butt f'n down the highway. He laughed.

kilts

Our tablecloth shirts are still better than the uniforms that they use at Highland Water Co. in Littleton, Co. Yes, they actually wear kilts, its one way to stand out and differentiate yourself from the 1000's of other water companies out there.

Picture%201.jpg

Andy Bosselman: Men in Kilts

if we go to these uniforms they will change policy to closed door policy and have a fan in every scm office. also we will be able to negotiate l.o.i."s.

The white one please

Here's a funny, when I was sitting in the parking lot waiting to go in for my driving test I seen several guys go in and out of the terminal. I thought to myself if I have the option I believe I'll choose the white shirt!:biglaugh:

I agree with what you are saying Rat. Those white shirts DID stand out and customers DID like them. Now we are just drivers in the crowd.
Your only just another driver in the crowd, if you allow yourself to be. A person's attitude can make or break how you are seen in the eye's of the customer and the public. I speak from experience when I say this, there has been many of times I have gone onto a customers dock, and I was a little dirty from moving and picking freight, but I kept a postitive attitude about myself and my job. It means a great deal to your customers and the public, they can overlook a little dirt but it is hard to overlook a poor attitude.

Your only just another driver in the crowd, if you allow yourself to be. A person's attitude can make or break how you are seen in the eye's of the customer and the public. I speak from experience when I say this, there has been many of times I have gone onto a customers dock, and I was a little dirty from moving and picking freight, but I kept a postitive attitude about myself and my job. It means a great deal to your customers and the public, they can overlook a little dirt but it is hard to overlook a poor attitude.

Not an issue; No bad attitudes at Conway.

I'll be the kilt checker. No snickering in anyone's face. I'll do that at home and I hope no one notices the picture phone in my hand and my going-to-be popular twitter page.:biglaugh: If I ever get a twitter page that is.

White legs, white socks and dangly things?? I don't think you guys would earn much respect! :biglaugh: I have a desire to visit Scotland for some reason....

I recall the blue/white stripe shirts and think they did look more professional than the chex shirts from now. They are pretty generic but they hold stains and get torn easily. I can testify to that. My pre-soak time could be cut and stain remover $$$ could be put back in my pocket if a better material was chosen.

Yogi loves pic-a-nics
200px-Yogi_Bear.jpg

I'll be the kilt checker. No snickering in anyone's face. I'll do that at home and I hope no one notices the picture phone in my hand and my going-to-be popular twitter page.:biglaugh: If I ever get a twitter page that is.

White legs, white socks and dangly things?? I don't think you guys would earn much respect! :biglaugh: I have a desire to visit Scotland for some reason....

I recall the blue/white stripe shirts and think they did look more professional than the chex shirts from now. They are pretty generic but they hold stains and get torn easily. I can testify to that. My pre-soak time could be cut and stain remover $$$ could be put back in my pocket if a better material was chosen.

Yogi loves pic-a-nics
200px-Yogi_Bear.jpg

Why do I get the feeling you have a telescoping mirror in your purse ...

telescoping%20mirror.jpg

Yogi loves pic-a-nics
200px-Yogi_Bear.jpg

Hmm, I thought that guys only do that kind of stuff, glad to know there are gals that enjoy a good show too.