Yellow | No Cola

Wolf, I never took offense, I really did think it was funny! You did , however , give one of my "buddies" some ammunition. He called me an Elitist on the phone this morning!!! (he will get payback):biglaugh:
Have a good day brother!

Elitist Volvo Killer!!!

No you got it wrong man. The Elite/Insiders are no an more informed than any one else, just afraid to question for fear of ending up with us outsiders. I spent 5 years as a steward but give it up when it became apparent that nobody wants to rock the boat, or worse, asks the boss how he wants things. And for anyone that swears it's not that way, I would suggest that they are the ones that are uninformed, or to blind to see, or don't want to see. I gripe on this silly board, at work, and the hall. Up intill this last NMFA I was the resident radical. Nothing left in me but it sure does bother me when gentelmen ridicule those that want to continue fighting anyway they can. I would bet a pay check (if I had one) that anyone that wants to fight knows darn well its a lost cause. But instead of helping or at least understanding, I seen comments about Oxymorons, to blind to see, ect. And even tho it was'nt directed at me I took offense. And yes Triplex I should have never sugested you were special. :joke: I apoligize to you too. Really guys this all started as a joke with Larry but has since taken on a life of its own. I have learned over the last couple of days that their is no humor left within the Yellow ranks and the longer Yrc is running Roadway the more I'm starting to see thats the only way to survive here. Sorry to all I offended.

PS Please don't tell Jeff he will give me some points for sure. :hide:

I was a steward on and off for 25 years because the stewards before me were the deal makers. Another time, it was because the steward didn't like what was going on, but didn't want to take the time to do the dirty work, and even though he is a good friend, didn't want to take the time to read and understand the language in the contract. So I was his alternate, but I did all the leg work. I didn't mind, because I knew this way that the job was getting done right.

Blind to the truth,morons,and whatever..I quess I am blind.I know we were snowballed with this one but so far NO ONE has produced a piece of paper with any dates on it.:chairshot:Our local doesn't know anything about it and seems they also want to push it aside..So if any of you NON-morons have something with dates on it why not post it on here.Hey Wolf I also was a steward on a small job all we had was guys that would ***** to you and behind your back they would go make their side deals and make you like a troublemaker.Now I work for a freight outfit and half the guys are monty halls with their side deals.Oh well this moron has to go to work now
MORON out:funky:

Crazy,
I hate to be an ECI, but oxymoron has nothing to do with being a moron. Stan Smith can probably direct you to the correct definition.

Memo TO STLDUDE44, please be more careful about placeing oxymorons on this thread. YOU sure stirred up a hornets nest!!!!!!!!!!!:hysterical:

Oh wow, that stings!!

Any more oxymorons and I might have to increase my dose of OxyContin!! :smilie_132:

Crazy,

I hate to beat a dead horse (OK, so I do like animals more than people :smile1:), but if you re-read the new National Master Freight Agreement which was mailed to all of us before the ratification vote, you will see on the second page the following:

"4. Cost-of-Living Adjustment Clause: Article 33

No change from current contract language except change dates to make effective in new agreement."

I guess I'm "Elite/Connected/Insider" because I read the contract that I work under!

(Just kidding Wolf!! :smilie_132:)

If you read the previous agreement, then it does make sense, Reading just the tentative agreement leads one to assume that simply means perpetuating the clause. I can admit I was wrong.

I still feel mislead and I think the intl. sucks at communicating with members, I think they mislead intentionally. Honestly that COLA language;

"Effective April 1, 2004, and every April 1 thereafter during the life of the agreement, a cost-of-living allowance will be calculated on the basis of the difference between the Index for January, 2003 (published February 2003) and the Index for January, 2004 (published February 2004) with a similar calculation for every year thereafter, as follows:"

Should have been included in the tentative agreement sent out with the date changes in BOLD if it had, this thread would not even exist!

If you read the previous agreement, then it does make sense, Reading just the tentative agreement leads one to assume that simply means perpetuating the clause. I can admit I was wrong.

I still feel mislead and I think the intl. sucks at communicating with members, I think they mislead intentionally. Honestly that COLA language;

"Effective April 1, 2004, and every April 1 thereafter during the life of the agreement, a cost-of-living allowance will be calculated on the basis of the difference between the Index for January, 2003 (published February 2003) and the Index for January, 2004 (published February 2004) with a similar calculation for every year thereafter, as follows:"

Should have been included in the tentative agreement sent out with the date changes in BOLD if it had, this thread would not even exist!
Hey I got a question did any of you ECI's think there would be a Cola increase this year or did you know before the Tdu brought it up that we would not be getting one. I will admit I got hoodwinked good on this one. Guess thats why I'm so ticked. Normally I'm not this stupid but I took are leaders hype at face value......AGAIN. :nutkick:

ECI's :hysterical: :hysterical: Sorry guys I just can't help myself.

Hey I got a question did any of you ECI's think there would be a Cola increase this year or did you know before the Tdu brought it up that we would not be getting one. I will admit I got hoodwinked good on this one. Guess thats why I'm so ticked. Normally I'm not this stupid but I took are leaders hype at face value......AGAIN. :nutkick:

ECI's :hysterical: :hysterical: Sorry guys I just can't help myself.
It was brought up on the truckingboards before TDU :chairshot:had anything to say about it.I believe it was on the roadway forum....

You know I have never seen such unhappy guys before !
The UNION sucks ,The company sucks ,the contract sucks, everything is corrupt blah blah blah !
The contract is in place to protect you and to let the company make money .You all get paid the rate your supposed to get,you all get all your fringes you all get protected by the grievance procedure.
I have seen on this board complaints about the UNION not organizing enough. I ask what have you done to help ? Complain about how awfull it is ? Did you help out during the overnite strike ? Have you helped out with the UPSF campaighn ?
Have you talked up The UNION at a coffee stop with nonunion drivers ?
What do you guys do except moan over your oh so lousy JOB on this forum .
Fact is most members are happy about their jobs or at least not as miserable as you . They understand that a contract can't be all one way .
Sorry but I choose to help my UNION and I am grown up enough to understand that I will not always get my way !
In conclusion my Brothers a loud long bronx cheer to you all !!!
HAVE A TEAMSTER DAY YA MOOKS

You know I have never seen such unhappy guys before !
The UNION sucks ,The company sucks ,the contract sucks, everything is corrupt blah blah blah !
The contract is in place to protect you and to let the company make money .You all get paid the rate your supposed to get,you all get all your fringes you all get protected by the grievance procedure.
I have seen on this board complaints about the UNION not organizing enough. I ask what have you done to help ? Complain about how awfull it is ? Did you help out during the overnite strike ? Have you helped out with the UPSF campaighn ?
Have you talked up The UNION at a coffee stop with nonunion drivers ?
What do you guys do except moan over your oh so lousy JOB on this forum .
Fact is most members are happy about their jobs or at least not as miserable as you . They understand that a contract can't be all one way .
Sorry but I choose to help my UNION and I am grown up enough to understand that I will not always get my way !
In conclusion my Brothers a loud long bronx cheer to you all !!!
HAVE A TEAMSTER DAY YA MOOKS
Typical. Ask an honest question and get a big long post to skirt the issue and try and ridicule those that ask that questiion. I will ask it again but won't expect any different. Did you know there would be no Cola this year prior to the explination by Tyson?

I expected a COLA raise!

They bragged as if we would. (COLA Maintained)

I don't buy Tyson Jonhsons BS.

We were totally misled / Lied too, you decide.

Problem is, what other surprises are in store for us that we thought were positives.

"4. Cost-of-Living Adjustment Clause: Article 33

No change from current contract language except change dates to make effective in new agreement."

(Just kidding Wolf!! :smilie_132:)

So how do you interpret that?

I understand it to be “Change dates to be effective with new agreement” as the new agreement is effective April 1, 2008

They don’t specify what dates to change.

If they truly meant the effective date to be April 2009 they should have done so as they did in the UPS contract, which can be viewed on the teamster web site. Keep in mind they negotiated the UPS contract first.

I understand it to be “Change dates to be effective with new agreement” as the new agreement is effective April 1, 2008

If they truly meant the effective date to be April 2009 they should have done so as they did in the UPS contract, which can be viewed on the teamster web site. Keep in mind they negotiated the UPS contract first.

See page 18-19

http://www.teamster.org/divisions/parcel/pdfs/NewUPSMasterAgreement_071012.pdf

First, try reading (as many times as you have time for) post #30 in this thread.

Second, as for why the dates were explicitly spelled out in the UPS Freight contract, think about this. The UPS contract was a FIRST time situation for them. There was no previous contract to refer to so everything, including dates, had to be detailed. Our NMFA contract was a renewal of a previous contract with certain changes. If a certain clause in the NMFA contract remained the same except for new dates, is it really that difficult to figure out the new dates in the same proportion to the old dates, i.e., April 1, 2003 (old contract) becomes April 1, 2008 (new contract), April 1, 2004 (old contract) now becomes April 1, 2009 (new contract)? Can you see the connection between the old dates and the new dates??

PS - Does all of this tell ya why I'd never want to be a steward or a BA?? :duh:

First, try reading (as many times as you have time for) post #30 in this thread.

Second, as for why the dates were explicitly spelled out in the UPS Freight contract, think about this. The UPS contract was a FIRST time situation for them. There was no previous contract to refer to so everything, including dates, had to be detailed. Our NMFA contract was a renewal of a previous contract with certain changes. If a certain clause in the NMFA contract remained the same except for new dates, is it really that difficult to figure out the new dates in the same proportion to the old dates, i.e., April 1, 2003 (old contract) becomes April 1, 2008 (new contract), April 1, 2004 (old contract) now becomes April 1, 2009 (new contract)? Can you see the connection between the old dates and the new dates??

PS - Does all of this tell ya why I'd never want to be a steward or a BA?? :duh:

Thats UPS, as in parcel not freight. UPS freight doesn't even have a clause for COLA that I've seen.

I think you asume to much as far as the dates go. How do you know what dates and where to apply them. In reference to dates, do they automatically update to new contract or do they have to be specifically changed throuhout the contract.

Article 39
See Section 1 and 4 of old contract
National Master Freight Agreement  - Article 39

Here's a good example: they didn't change the dates in sick leave. Effective April 1, 1980 and thereafter

:National Master Freight Agreement  - Article 38

I think we can agree to disagree on this issue.

Triplex:smilie_132: You are wrong about the ups contract They had it and in there new contract the new dates are there Now I can see why you weren't a shop steward...:chairshot:as far the dates go do you have something from the union stating these are the dates period. It's all about how you read it.Kinda like is the glass half empty, or is half full???:hysterical: And Double-Clutch some good finds.....