XPO | No Smoking In Conway Equiptment

I got your knee jerk reaction right here! Your comparison sucks! I'll stop now 'cause my responses just seem to up and disappear. CFer...Thank you for your time.....TOXIC..Love the little blue light guys...Press on
the reason your post was removed is for rules violations.

no kiddin'? Got to go now, it's Sat. afternnon and I had me my 3 hr nap, so it's time to Press on

Well as a smoker my ash tray was stuffed with butts,until I got around to dumping it out.
When the time came that I just couldn't jam anymore in I'd dump it on the ground wherever I was.
Which now I notice these butt dumping stations on the ground at roadsides of stop lights.
I also had ashes all over the floor,and instrument panels.
When the windows were open those small ashes went in the smallest areas to stay forever.
Like I posted before when I smoked,I could care less about any of that.
But when I used to get into a smokers tractor I could see his,or hers sign of when they were their before me.

Again I can only say that when your doing something all the time that others don't care for,you don't have a clue of what their problem is?

Now that smokers aren't seeing the harm they may be causing to the objections of their habit,our government is taking matters into their hands to force the issue.
Where once smokers had every right to do as they wished the goverment,as well as large companies are saying no more ,stop smoking,or face the music.

Again I say its rudeness gone wild.
If we smokers had been conciderate of others a long time ago than the government would of never got their noses bent out of shape to come up with their stop order.
I'm including myself as an x-smoker in this because of my rude attitude at the time of having the habit.

Heres a post reply to the post I just posted.
I'm a city driver for UPS Freight,when we were rebranded from Overnite to be under the very well known UPS brand this is when everyone was informed that their would be no more smoking in any company equipment as well as in the terminals.
So far outside of the buildings are still ok.
For now anyway.

Its bad enough smoking is shorting your life with every puff.
But its hard to buy you tobacco products if you get fired for smoking.

only two rules in corporate America, profitability and liability. The whole smoking ban is all about liability, not you or I or what's right.
Case in point,
spring of 2004, a driver is told by our H/R department to surrender his hazmat endorsement (CDL) due to a plead of no contest to a felony. The judge wrote his decision specifically to allow this driver to continue working... didn't matter to H/R. The driver refusing the request was put on a forced leave of absence. A request for waiver was filed with the federal government. On the 89th day of this leave, the federal government responds that no waiver was necessary and the driver met all standards for holding a hazardous materials endorsement. The company's response?, their actions were based on their interpretations and they would stand up in court, if necessary, defending their position. The driver quit that next day and is living happily ever after this outfit.

profitability and liability

save your breath and typing skills fellas, a job is just a job, do your best and go home and be happy with your family

Well as a smoker my ash tray was stuffed with butts,until I got around to dumping it out.
When the time came that I just couldn't jam anymore in I'd dump it on the ground wherever I was.
Which now I notice these butt dumping stations on the ground at roadsides of stop lights.
I also had ashes all over the floor,and instrument panels.
When the windows were open those small ashes went in the smallest areas to stay forever.
Like I posted before when I smoked,I could care less about any of that.
But when I used to get into a smokers tractor I could see his,or hers sign of when they were their before me.

Again I can only say that when your doing something all the time that others don't care for,you don't have a clue of what their problem is?

Now that smokers aren't seeing the harm they may be causing to the objections of their habit,our government is taking matters into their hands to force the issue.
Where once smokers had every right to do as they wished the goverment,as well as large companies are saying no more ,stop smoking,or face the music.

Again I say its rudeness gone wild.
If we smokers had been conciderate of others a long time ago than the government would of never got their noses bent out of shape to come up with their stop order.
I'm including myself as an x-smoker in this because of my rude attitude at the time of having the habit.
What do you mean rude?And what are doing telling us how to do thing.If I wanted anything form you I would join UPSF.Just joking:smilie_132:

Then don't transfer to my SC.....cause' they quit smokin' in our trucks almost a year ago. And the policy is being enforced....by the MAJORITY of the drivers......the non-smokers. See....the smokers are like homosexuals...they are very loud and forceful to bellow out their rights....not worrying about anyone elses....but...once the silent majority see that they have an impact.......change comes...... have fun @ your new job.
So now you show your total ignorance by labeling smokers as homosexuals?
You have totaly lost my respect and as for the mods reading this this will be my last post on this site.

Well excussssssssssssssss me gfy! I'm with DETrob,I'm out of here as well.
Just an old trucker giving my 3 cents (Inflation).
Just joking as well,but your right,I'm not a Con-way employee and I've seen I've worn out my welcome.
If I had one?
I thought we could post anywhere other than the union forum.
You don't have to tell me twice if you don't want another LTL company drivers posting to your companys forum,that works for me gfy.
BYE,BYE!!!!!!!

Well excussssssssssssssss me gfy! I'm with DETrob,I'm out of here as well.
Just an old trucker giving my 3 cents (Inflation).
Just joking as well,but your right,I'm not a Con-way employee and I've seen I've worn out my welcome.
If I had one?
I thought we could post anywhere other than the union forum.
You don't have to tell me twice if you don't want another LTL company drivers posting to your companys forum,that works for me gfy.
BYE,BYE!!!!!!!
Hey pal,I was just playing with you.You are more then welcome to hang with us and I'm sorry If I pissed in your coffee.With love GFY

You have totaly lost my respect and as for the mods reading this this will be my last post on this site.

DETrob, he was in no way calling smokers homosexuals. What he was doing was trying to compare how certain groups react to certain situations.

His use of homosexuals may not have been the best example but I did see the point he was trying to make.

Please try to be a little thick skinned guys, I honestly don't feel his post was meant as a personal attack on anyone and it's caused a good thread to turn ugly and I don't want to have to lock the thread because of it

Thanks

See ya next week, Truckingboards is similar to cigarettes and you will eventually have to have your fix.... It's like the Roach Motel.... You can check in but you can't check out:hysterical:

DETrob, he was in no way calling smokers homosexuals. What he was doing was trying to compare how certain groups react to certain situations.

His use of homosexuals may not have been the best example but I did see the point he was trying to make.

Please try to be a little thick skinned guys, I honestly don't feel his post was meant as a personal attack on anyone and it's caused a good thread to turn ugly and I don't want to have to lock the thread because of it

Thanks

I am very thick skinned and I also have a dark sense of Humor.
But come on I make a little joke and my post is removed. None the less I will give someone there free speech because that is one of our rights as an American.

But we as Americans get our rights taken away from us everyday. And this no smoking ban in company equipment is another right.

My point here is:

A owner operator who owns his own rig, drives by himself and shares his truck with no one is also lumped in the same bill that was passed by the Ohio Voters.
Who is he hurting?
No one but him self.

I do not think that this bill will be taken seriously at all.

I could care less about you Conway drivers not being able to smoke in your trucks, This does not effect me one way or the other.
As I see it its just another step in the direction of another one of our rights being taken away from us and labeled as a good thing.
But what most people fail to realize is that bills like this one open up the door for more Liberals to take more of your rights away from you.
And now that they have taken the one whats next?

These type of stupid laws in my opinion do more harm then good.

If those liberals want to do some good then go after tobacco companies and stop the product all together.

You know that they wont because all the tax dollars that are generated from the sales of cigarettes will be lost and this will cause some of those crooked politicians to lose there funding.

This should only be the beginning of the next round of bills being passed at Fast Food restaurants to be closed because they are making Americans Fat.

Don't laugh because its coming.

But come on I make a little joke and my post is removed. None the less I will give someone there free speech because that is one of our rights as an American.

But we as Americans get our rights taken away from us everyday. And this no smoking ban in company equipment is another right.

My point here is:

A owner operator who owns his own rig, drives by himself and shares his truck with no one is also lumped in the same bill that was passed by the Ohio Voters.
Who is he hurting?
No one but him self.

I could care less about you Conway drivers not being able to smoke in your trucks, This does not effect me one way or the other.
As I see it its just another step in the direction of another one of our rights being taken away from us and labeled as a good thing.
But what most people fail to realize is that bills like this one open up the door for more Liberals to take more of your rights away from you.

If those liberals want to do some good then go after tobacco companies and stop the product all together.

You know that they wont because all the tax dollars that are generated from the sales of cigarettes will be lost and this will cause some of those crooked politicians to lose there funding.

This should only be the beginning of the next round of bills being passed at Fast Food restaurants to be closed because they are making Americans Fat.

I agree with you that the Gov't does not belong sticking their noses into personal affairs. If someone chooses to smoke, let them.

I think the issues here is that it's not just the smoker thats affected. It's anyone else that drives that truck.

Where do you draw the line between smokers rights and the rights of non smokers?

If your post was a violation of the rules then it will be removed. Build your own site, and you can make your own rules, we have been doing this since 1999 and we have been doing it a certain way and will continue to do so.
This website must adhere to guidelines and posting conduct to attract advertisers and finance this website.... Now personally I don't know what your post was but if a Mod removed it then deal with it and move on, there are plenty of unmoderated websites out there that will let you do what you want to and if Truckingboards is not your cup of tea, then maybe one of them will be.

Jeff

My point here is:

Who is he hurting?
No one but him self.

My point here is:

Who is he hurting?
No one but him self.

Family-owned and operated trucks are exempt if drivers are related to the owner, said Kristopher Weiss, spokesman for the Ohio Department of Health. An out-of-state trucker crossing into Ohio can light up, he said.
The Times-Reporter

I agree with you that the Gov't does not belong sticking their noses into personal affairs. If someone chooses to smoke, let them.

I think the issues here is that it's not just the smoker thats affected. It's anyone else that drives that truck.

Where do you draw the line between smokers rights and the rights of non smokers?
I draw a line at if you don't want to smoke then don't. If you want to then do it. What rights of smokers have been added in the last 10years? none.

Each year another one is taken away.

You want to simplify this, its easy.

STOP SELLING TOBACCO.

This is MY POINT.

That way no ones rights are violated. the product becomes Illegal, and everyone is happy.

I do not hear anyone complaining about Drugs and Murder.
They are Illegal. But they still continue to happen.

There are enough laws on the books to enforce without adding another stupid law.

No one forces a non smoker to be near or around a smoker. If you go to a restaurant and there is smoking going on there then you leave.

Gee let's see...2/3 fired at Conway for 75 mph,...20%fired from the T-Boards, and a smoker with the same venimous tongue as a homosexual. What a mess I've become. Guess I should never have started this thread. I'll just sit on my hands and keep my mouth shut. CAUTION: The monkey will throw feces. Press on