TForce | No Smoking

no one has said it so i will,
wrong is what it is WRONG! they can't have someone that smokes in a tractor in the daytime and not in the night time. SO NO one smokes! with bumping and moving runs here and there so the quick and dirty way is to not have any smoking at all.
yes i know why i should and the ones that have quit, i say at a boy but, this is WRONG!

don't get me wrong, even if this is wrong. i tried the Chantix thing and it was depressing. it will put you in a deep depression in some people and i was one. that didn't work for me. cold turkey, that's what's for dinner! yes if i want to work here, i too have to follow the rules what ever they are so, i am going to try the nicotrol inhaler.
my problem is i like my smokes. right or wrong i like them.

I guess you know that person inside and out now huh DW? I think some of those pictures are self portraits of DW ... especially the guy on the bus ...

Funny wonderring!:smilie_132:
You can see me walking around on my knees with my mouth open like that looking for Purple Star Fishes.:biglaugh:

don't get me wrong, even if this is wrong. i tried the Chantix thing and it was depressing. it will put you in a deep depression in some people and i was one. that didn't work for me. cold turkey, that's what's for dinner! yes if i want to work here, i too have to follow the rules what ever they are so, i am going to try the nicotrol inhaler.
my problem is i like my smokes. right or wrong i like them.

Good post! I hope more people reply and comment on how they are trying to kick the habit!

I know some Road Drivers who are converting to chewing tobacco (pouches= less mess) to get their nicotine. That still defeats the purpose of actually quitting.

Funny wonderring!:smilie_132:
You can see me walking around on my knees with my mouth open like that looking for Purple Star Fishes.:biglaugh:

We can laugh a little DW but seriously I wish other people would realize that they are KILLING themsleves .. I understand some people love to smoke and enjoy a cigarette .. or a cigar .. Bill Clinton likes cigars .. but I hope people will look into the future of the long term effects. I miss my dad to this day. He was way to young.

The real reason people want a cigarette is because the nicotine is a drug that your body craves once you are hooked on smoking.
this is how all drugs are,after you get used to smoking the nicotine keeps you coming back for more.

I know this is true because I was totally addicted to cigarettes with a 3 &1/2 pack a day non-filtered habit.

If I had this craving for nicotine now days I'd have to work at lot of overtime,or get a part time job to support that habit.

We can laugh a little DW but seriously I wish other people would realize that they are KILLING themsleves .. I understand some people love to smoke and enjoy a cigarette .. or a cigar .. Bill Clinton likes cigars .. but I hope people will look into the future of the long term effects. I miss my dad to this day. He was way to young.

You are correct sir!
Very sorry to hear about your father. It's the long term effects that people don't really look at until it's too late.

Sorry boys but if I can stop smoking anyone can.. 10 years ago after smoking for almost 30 year and was up to 3 packs aday, Salems to boot. And I did it cold turkey. Woke up morning with a half a pack and 5 packs in a carton, thought to myself these things SUCK!!! threw all of them away and have never picked 1 up since. If I pull up to someone in a car smoking and I can smell it I roll my window up it smells so bad. And now when I get a cold I'm not coughing up a lung, and I get over a cold in about 3 to 4 days not 2 or 3 weeks.. I don't miss it at all, I was one that used to think but what will I do while a drive and after I eat. Well I haven't droped a lit cig in my crouch or and my food taste alot better.

Weather the habit is good or bad, it's the principle , they purchased a company with smokers, it is a subliminal message to get someone to quit smoking or leave, because the premiums for health care costs are skyrocketing, so now by pinpointing out certain people, they can thin the herd, and keep the costs for healthcare lower. Sure they are not telling you to quit, they cant, it's against ones civil liberties. But they can however tell you to not smoke in thier own vehicles,How practical is it to do a 300 mile run a night , and drive straight through with out a smoke? Not practical at all.

The same happened when managed health care was told by our GOV. That they will except people with preexisting conditions. Ins. companies were leaving people to die, for a healthier bottom line.

A preexisting condition means higher premiums, managed healthcare was refusing these people for a healthier bottom line,mainly because companies like UPS were complaining about health care costs. Singleing people out should be against the law, this is supposed to be a free country. And what about alcahol, the people related to alcahol deaths and related desieses as such is much higher then that of smoking related issues. So when a company say's you must not drink within 10 hours of your shift, should we consider that irrational or are we just better off because UPS say's so. after all it does effect a broader range of people. And also works on the bottom line.

Boy I am thankfull these huge corperations are here to save my soul. I am not saying smoking is good, but come on.

Ok, guys the bottom line is the dollar. My questin is tobacco use of any kind. The company singled out smoked tobacco what about chew? smoken is bad but chew is no better. Stop and think about it. SPIT everywhere-spitting spreads disease- Prevent Disease---Infectious Disease - Human saliva is a body fluid and can carry many pathogens
including those from the respiratory tract, such as tuberculosis.

Ok, guys the bottom line is the dollar. My questin is tobacco use of any kind. The company singled out smoked tobacco what about chew? smoken is bad but chew is no better. Stop and think about it. SPIT everywhere-spitting spreads disease- Prevent Disease---Infectious Disease - Human saliva is a body fluid and can carry many pathogens

Well, again local, if you look at some of these companies track records in the news, you will see if there is a way to trim the fat on healthcare they do it.

Yes chew is just as bad as smoking, but chew will not have the same detremental effects as smoking, finacially to a company, bottom line.

Well, again local, if you look at some of these companies track records in the news, you will see if there is a way to trim the fat on healthcare they do it.

Yes chew is just as bad as smoking, but chew will not have the same detremental effects as smoking, finacially to a company, bottom line.

bottom line is>>chew is a health risk.it may not be for the company but for every driver that shares a truck with another.oooppppsss
Forgive me..screw the employees.

Without getting too technical. I feel they will eventually ban "Tobacco Use" of any kind.

Yes healtcare is sky rocketing and the ill effects of smoking partially contributes to the higher costs.
Bottom line, UPS is not making you quit. Although I feel, they would like you to quit to help reduce your major healthcare issues down the road because of it.
It's your choice right now.
The Scotts company in Ohio bans the use of tobacco and does not hire smokers period! They do random drug testing for signs of tobacco use. They've been taken to court because of this practice. I think they have won the case. (Search the internet for the info)

I feel UPS is reducing the worst evil of the two forms of tobacco use in the tractor, thus reducing a bigger liability. (Fire)

bottom line is>>chew is a health risk.it may not be for the company but for every driver that shares a truck with another.oooppppsss
Forgive me..screw the employees.

I use bacterial wipes and wipe stuff down in the truck, you never know what kind of slob is floating around.
I eat healthy, exercise and do my part to keep my immune system in tip top shape.

Your right! Chewing is a health risk and thats not UPS's agenda right now. Again, they are not preaching or telling you to stop smoking cigarettes, cigars. Just keep it out of their company vehicles. Light up outside of the truck.
  • Up to bat smoking tobacco.
  • Next up. Smokeless tobacco.

You can catch a lot of bacteria by just shaking hands with people. Wash your hands after or just nod to the person.

A lot of companies are getting very mean with their employees that are smokers.
I deliver to a Lowes store that won't allow smoking anywhere on their property.
The smokers have to put their jackets on,and walk across to the otherside of the street to satisfy their nicotine addiction.
One cigarette uses up all of their break,walking back,and forth as well as smoking.

If the weather is real bad this is a total hassel for any smokers that work at this Lowes,a few are thinking of stopping their habit.

I saw a driver last night with a digital countdown timer and some velcro and a magnifying glass. He said he was going to stop every hour on the hour for his 15 minute smoke break and was going to log every minute of it and his meet man would just have to like it. Late freight or not. he said he didnt live in a commie country yet

I saw a driver last night with a digital countdown timer and some velcro and a magnifying glass. He said he was going to stop every hour on the hour for his 15 minute smoke break and was going to log every minute of it and his meet man would just have to like it. Late freight or not. he said he didnt live in a commie country yet

Aw c'mon this ain't communism. Our company needs to keep us around cause we do our job so well. Our government wants us to live long lives cause they care about us. I have a bridge for sale over the Hudson along with some ocean front property in Kansas. :1036316054:

I don't need the bridge Roadrunner73.
I didn't now that Kansas was close to the ocean?

So whatever your selling has to be worthless.