Yellow | not bluffing

The economy continued to tank and FedEx and Conway smelled blood in the water and tried to bankrupt YRCW. Look at the news reports. The only LTL freight company making money is Old D. Things have been brutal and a lot of people have suffered as a result. If you are still working you are one of the lucky ones already. Count your blessings and pray for things to get better.
OMG!!! Same old rhetoric, blah blah blah!!!

OMG!!! Same old rhetoric, blah blah blah!!!

How do you call what was said as rhetoric? Is the economy back to what is was? Did the other companies not nearly bankrupt themselves to finish us off? Come on lets hear whats really going on I can't wait!

Your post is not 100% correct. YRCW was able to service the debt just fine before the economy went south. Now it is an issue that the decrease in revenue has caused them to have a debt to income ratio that is unsustainable. It is like you having debt for two new cars and a new house and then having to make ends meet on unemployment because you lost your 60k+ a year job when you stood your ground and voted no on a new contract agreement for the principle. JMHO

Your response is not 100% correct. You are voting based on fear, not reality.

Reality is this...

YRCW continues to spend money expanding globally. YRCW continues to spend money building alternative networks. That is why they claim they cannot afford to service the debt. They are purposely spending the money elsewhere. YRC will not show a profit unless THEY want it to. THEY control the purchasing done by YRC AND THEY control the monthly FEE we pay to YRCW for management. We are already giving them about 300 million a years in concessions. If this goes through it will bump to about 400 million. The debt could easily be paid off in 3 to 4 years yet they want this giveback to extend well beyond that.

Your response is not 100% correct. You are voting based on fear, not reality.

Reality is this...

YRCW continues to spend money expanding globally. YRCW continues to spend money building alternative networks. That is why they claim they cannot afford to service the debt. They are purposely spending the money elsewhere. YRC will not show a profit unless THEY want it to. THEY control the purchasing done by YRC AND THEY control the monthly FEE we pay to YRCW for management. We are already giving them about 300 million a years in concessions. If this goes through it will bump to about 400 million. The debt could easily be paid off in 3 to 4 years yet they want this giveback to extend well beyond that.

Ok - I accept that I could be wrong. Please provide links to your source for the facts you claim. Where is the proof they are expanding globably and where it the proof they are building alternate networks. The union has a member on the board if what you state is true don't you think the union and the members would know? The union has nothing to gain from hiding information for the company and sticking it to its members.

Zero - the union has full access to the books.

zero - again the union has full access to the books. To help you understand, they have a member on the board who gets to see everything, in addition they have their own financial experts who are looking at the numbers.

zero - all assets have to be listed on their quarterly earning report. Stock is considered an asset and would be reflected on their quarterly reports. If you do you due diligence you can see there are no assets to this company. Everything is owned by the bank.

he may own 80% of the company, but unless it goes public he has nothing and is bankrupt. YRCW is bankrupt. They don't even have the 80% ownership of some mythical company that they can tap.

There are no investors. It is only the banks and they want their money. The only investors were people who invested money for the bonds and they took the debt for equity exchange hoping to get something from an investment they had made years ago and were about to lose all of their money.

Opinions - everyone has them, but the only thing that matters are the facts.

Too bad emotions have clouded some otherwise intelligent people. You are correct on EVERY one of your rebuttals because THOSE are the facts. To everyone it is very simple YES=job, NO=no job!

Originally Posted by third_day
There are no investors. It is only the banks and they want their money. The only investors were people who invested money for the bonds and they took the debt for equity exchange hoping to get something from an investment they had made years ago and were about to lose all of their money.

speaking of banks I believe our friends at JP Morgan earned a ton of cash on interest only payments since this mess began but they will probably wait for the vote results before they seize the property. I mean all of YRC, Holland and New Penn property.

They could afford to wait till property values improve and that could be 10 years or more and sell everything off and make billions in profit on a $2B dollar investment

here is how the big anti-union media will spin it
extra.jpg

Greedy Teamsters reject 5 yr contract-wage increases-pension for better deal

r

putting 25,000 out of work​

The union had full access to the books the last time and the union !! told us this is what they need to survive!!! now the union says give them more... not only did we help knock out over a billion in debt along with the bond holders, how much did they save selling terminals, logistics and knocking 20,000 people out of a job???
And the "Union" told us... "we will not let them gut the contract"

speaking of banks I believe our friends at JP Morgan earned a ton of cash on interest only payments since this mess began but they will probably wait for the vote results before they seize the property. I mean all of YRC, Holland and New Penn property.

They could afford to wait till property values improve and that could be 10 years or more and sell everything off and make billions in profit on a $2B dollar investment

here is how the big anti-union media will spin it
extra.jpg

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]
r

putting 25,000 out of work​

Seize what property?? yrc put everything in hock, the banks already own it... do you think the banks want 1,000's of unused property they can't sell or lease but have to pay taxes on??

zero - again the union has full access to the books. To help you understand, they have a member on the board who gets to see everything, in addition they have their own financial experts who are looking at the numbers.

zero - all assets have to be listed on their quarterly earning report. Stock is considered an asset and would be reflected on their quarterly reports. If you do you due diligence you can see there are no assets to this company. Everything is owned by the bank.

he may own 80% of the company, but unless it goes public he has nothing and is bankrupt. YRCW is bankrupt. They don't even have the 80% ownership of some mythical company that they can tap.

First of all, I call tell you must be a local president, ba or a paid hoffa cheerleader trying to get everyone to vote yes because its the only way the onion can still get its monthly blackmail, I mean dues. So tell me, whats the big hurry up and vote thing? Just like the hurry up and vote for tarp or the world would end. It didn't even though it passed a few weeks later, same thing here.
Then, why else I'm on to you, is your comment about no foreign investments. Maybe you don't know about the chinese 100 and some million dollar shananigans. You bring up the onion looked at the books, I totally agree with you on that, the point being I doubt very much that they read them. It would take a team of accountants a month to go through the books of a company this size to understand the full finances of the mismanaged monstrousity.
How bout that argentina gig they were bragging about? Must have some investment down there wouldn't you think?
But thats right, the onion looked at the books. Well, if they looked at the books the way our crap local and probably many others with month after month of red ink I'd rather have someone else taking a look because these numb sculls certainly don't have a clue. PS: Should the vote wait to see if the pension funds go along with the bendover.

Are you kidding me!!!!! Yellow ruined every company they put their hands on!!! And if you look back to the year prior to them trying to but their way to the top of the industry they were the worst company financialyl out of all the companies they bought!!! and they bought them on credit!!!
A monkey could see that yellow buying roadway was gonna fail!!!!

I could make the same exact case with the companies Fedex bought, Fedex ruined viking,American freightways,etc. but that is how companies expand their market share.

You apparently did not read what I said. I did not say they don't have foreign investment. The questions was:

and my response was:

at no point did I say or make a comment that they have no foreign investments.

The way I view it is you hate the union and you hate the company. Why is that? Even if I am any of the things you have said that I am it does not change the facts.

I have no idea why there is a hurry to vote other than the need to have something done by the end of the year so the company does not have to begin paying the pension. My guess, without the access to the books that the union has, is the pension obligations would burn through their cash and cause the banks to pull the plug, but that is only a guess.

Investments, assets, whats the differece? Sell them if they need the cash.

I'm afraid if its a no vote the bankers will shut us down.
Do you think that the banks want to shut us down and NEVER COLLECT on the debt that we have to them? No, I don't either. If we are slowly pulling out of this mess financially, as Zollars says, why would the banks pull out now? They have stuck with us so far, so why would they give up on us now? They won't. YRCW can pull money out of their foreign stash if they need it. My wallet is closed for business.

Maybe this will help. My post was not about assets or investments. It was a response to a question that asked what foreign assets the company has that the union does not know about, and my response was none because the union has access to the books and therefore knows about all foreign assets the company has.

Many cannot deal with the reality of the economy and our weakened union presence in ltl freight so instead they look for conspiracy theories,hidden caches of cash and YRC's china investment. The china investment nothing compared to the other companies,even if they divested themselves of that company it might cover the cash flow of YRC for a month.

Many NO voters on here keep saying we already gave concessions and that should be enough,well I think the belief was the economy would be growing a lot faster by now.

And where did all the money go as many ask? Were still here right !

I can't understand why many older teamsters couldn't see this coming,unless you have been living under a rock.
Two parties(one of them sick) to the NMFA does not give you much leverage when negotiating.

Here's an article from 1994- from another company that warned it wasn't bluffing. Notice who got blamed in the news.....

http://articles.latimes.com/keyword/churchill-truck-lines

Trucking Firm Shuts Down, Lays Off 2,000
Strike: Churchill Lines says Teamster demands would be too costly. But Preston breaks ranks and agrees to negotiate.
April 12, 1994|JESUS SANCHEZ | TIMES STAFF WRITER
A Missouri trucking firm on Monday closed its doors and laid off more than 2,000 workers on the sixth day of a nationwide trucking strike while the Teamsters called off the walkout against another company that agreed to resume negotiations.

Trucking industry officials blamed the strike involving about 75,000 Teamsters for leading Churchill Truck Lines to permanently shut down after nearly 70 years in operation. More companies and jobs could be lost if the strike continues, industry officials said.

Last edited by a moderator:
So how much money do they have tied up in foreign assets that the union knows nothing about?

How much have they hidden in impressed accounts for future purchases in subsidiary companies?

If you think that the Union actually gets "FULL" access to the YRCW books for both foreign and domestic, you are way out there. If they can afford all of these other investments, they can pay what was agreed upon.

maybe they should confascate all that high money stocks the high 6 low 7 figure suits own that are running this place into the ground and pay off their debts.

B.S. , is what your B.A. ,is saying that is the same story the BA said when we had the 10% giveback and the 5% giveback , YRC is just playing a numbers game with us, to control the union, or bust the union !!!!! if you vote yes what will you vote next time of 4th round of givebacks ???? sometimes B.K. is not a bad thing and just start over, plus with BK , there would buyers for Holland and New Penn !!!!!! so best of luck to all you yes voters , but no is the right vote

The no voters should have the courage of their convictions and walk away. Vote yes so the rest of us can keep our jobs and then quit and go find yourselves a better one. A no vote will close the company and put us all out of work , no point in that.
And leave you behind to futher erode the industry???? I think not.