ABF | ODFL to ABF

:grouphug:O'h i just enjoy'd sipping on my "green kool-aid" all day long in the a/c waiting on my load's..:hysterical:

And here is Kenny. Took his head out of managements rear long enough to prove Joe's bar and grill post about education and posting.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner

Since it appears that you are defending his use of words would you like to explain how Teamster pension funds could be considered Ponzi schemes ? To my knowledge not 1 Teamsters MEPF has ever defaulted or missed a retiree's payment in it's 60 years of existance
Not yet anyway.

Well it goes toward the understanding of the English language , if you can't say it correctly do you even know what it means? It also puts to question the education or lack there of the poster, I am sure you have sat at a truckstop counter and listened to the "road scholars" there kinda the same thing. Still haven't seen any facts.

'
Nope, never sat at a truck stop counter..lol (but I get your meaning)
There was a time, when getting out and working for a living, trumped mastering the English language in school. That's why I don't fault anyone for spelling or perfect grammar.

Not refuting the ass scorching I received from youz guyz a few months ago are ya?
I'm not refuting or denying anything but you will have to be more specific. Paste a quote or the thread you are referring to and then I'll comment on it.

Here I'll show you mine. Post 11 is my question. If you will note stoney comes to my defense in post 17. I can even paste my PMs to the mods if you would like.
http://www.truckingboards.com/forum/old-dominion-freight-line/90469-od-good-career-choice.html
Now you show me yours

Nope, never sat at a truck stop counter..lol (but I get your meaning)
There was a time, when getting out and working for a living, trumped mastering the English language in school. That's why I don't fault anyone for spelling or perfect grammar.

And I don't fault anyone's spelling or grammar either. Ruffian wanted facts whether he meant bongee or Ponzi or layoff or economic termination he didn't provide any facts to back them up...... I wonder where he went. I am waiting for his comment on " we don't layoff we terminate"

I'm just saying, not to get hung up on different Co's lingo, it is odd how they do "layoffs" but, in the end, is very similar.
I can't disagree about the OD forum, if people go there, they need to bring flowers and chocolates to be welcomed.

How can they be similar? If a worker is laid off it is usually done in reverse seniority order. And when they are recalled it is usually done in seniority order. The employees don't lose their company seniority upon recall............With economic terminations or reductions in force this is how it is done at WARD. Employees are terminated without regard to seniority, usually the older higher paid drivers. If and when there is a need for more drivers they are selectively rehired as new employees starting at the entry level wage and benefit rate.

I can't swear to it that OD rehires at the lowest rate.

I'm not refuting or denying anything but you will have to be more specific. Paste a quote or the thread you are referring to and then I'll comment on it.

Here I'll show you mine. Post 11 is my question. If you will note stoney comes to my defense in post 17. I can even paste my PMs to the mods if you would like.
http://www.truckingboards.com/forum/old-dominion-freight-line/90469-od-good-career-choice.html

Now you show me yours

As I stated this occurred months ago. If you can dig that far back in the pile of posts and threads you're better than me. I just know that every time I try to engage in discussion over here or refute misconceptions about my employer over here it is met with either 1)personal attacks or 2)claims that I haven't answered a question when the fact of the matter is the recipients of said answer don't like the answer so they claim the question wasn't answered.

Well either you or some other OD driver is lying. I dont remember which one said they get breakdown after 2 hours as I was kicked off the almighty od forum after that.

No lies here, waited for over an hour on the clock for my load last week and 45 minutes or so just yesterday.

Info on the breakdown came from a senior linehaul driver I asked about it.

The "just enuf to get by" and "whiner" mentality you speak of are typical anti-union talking points and not facts. Are there slugs? Absolutely. They are everywhere including your beloved OD. Yellow closed terminals because they were redundant when they bought roadway. Why have 2 200 door terminals 6 blocks apart? ABF may have closed some terminals as part of consolidation. All employees are able to follow the work. OD is expanding for no other reason other than they didnt yet have nationwide coverage. Too bad this has to be part of an ABF thread. Try this on the OD forum and the company censors would have most of the posters on this thread banned.

I know from experience tbis is so true. I had over 1000 posts, until i got banned, becuz i got into a "heated debate" with the odfl boys, on their page. I wont make that mistake again. But i will tell u one thing, over here at upsf, the guys i work with still bleed blue n grey( just look at the number of yes votes on the last T.A), and if i left and couldnt get on at abf, My next choice would be OD. They r a very profitable com, thats been on the up n up. Granted they dont have what us union guys have, but they have the bst to offer of any non union outfit. (I just hope n pray if i ever did work there, i hope the odfl tb.com guys arent there. Lol

As I stated this occurred months ago. If you can dig that far back in the pile of posts and threads you're better than me. I just know that every time I try to engage in discussion over here or refute misconceptions about my employer over here it is met with either 1)personal attacks or 2)claims that I haven't answered a question when the fact of the matter is the recipients of said answer don't like the answer so they claim the question wasn't answered.

It wasn't very difficult to find that thread since it was my first and only time posting on the OD forum. I'm not complaining about the posts made against me over there. I'm complaining about the way 2 moderators cut me down. One wasn't even an OD mod. But he dug up and used part of an old post I had made to try and discredit me. Of course he took it out of context and didn't link it so readers could get my intent. For the OD employees to avoid answering direct questions and attack me that's 1 thing. But for moderators to railroad me off the forum just because the on topic question might tarnish their fairytale world is just plain wrong. And for the moderator to ignore my following the rules and taking it to a PM is just plain arrogance.

I can't speak as to the azz warming you say you get over here. But I think you have to expect it considering the welcome we get on your forum.

You are right. If this thread was on the OD forum we would be attacked as trolls and ran off by a mod. I thought the TB policy was to attack the post and not the poster. But apparently that rule doesn't apply to the OD forum

And for that stoney says I was complaining. He will try just about anything to derail a topic when he is losing. One of his favorite tactic seems to be trying to turn it into an attack against Obama and the Teamsters union.

stoney, if my agreeing with yrc-atm's post was complaining then why did you agree with me when I first had the problem on the OD forum? Here is one of the PMs you sent me.

Stoney said:
Report that post by Jim Bob to Jeff. He should have never called you a troll and tell you not to post there.
I don't see how your question was flamatory to the OD company.

Not refuting the ass scorching I received from youz guyz a few months ago are ya?
I prefer to call it a wedgie and you came here and earned it. You came here with an attitude and you got your ears filled. As you can see nobody is telling you to go play in your own yard and nobody is telling you what you can talk about. And if I recall I PMd you and told you the same thing I tell others. No problem with you posting here, no problem with you having your own thoughts, ideas and opinions. Just be respectful, state your case and support it and you will find that things will go well. I believe that this is the way we all think here.

Actually I did, you didn't pay attention, (Got FULL PAY AND BENEFITS when returned) put down the union hall communist Kool-Aid. .

You may have been lucky and gotten rehired with full pay and benefits but what has that got to do with ODFL's policy of economic terminations and reductions in force? Your personal experience doesn't change the fact that OD does not layoff when things get slow. OD terminates and then selectively rehires as economic conditions change. And that's a fact not "union hall communist Kool-Aid". A fact that may have influenced those OD drivers that went over to ABF. A fact that was on topic and you couldn't disprove by your ignorant rambling post even though stoney liked it..

I prefer to call it a wedgie and you came here and earned it. You came here with an attitude and you got your ears filled. As you can see nobody is telling you to go play in your own yard and nobody is telling you what you can talk about. And if I recall I PMd you and told you the same thing I tell others. No problem with you posting here, no problem with you having your own thoughts, ideas and opinions. Just be respectful, state your case and support it and you will find that things will go well. I believe that this is the way we all think here.

I had an attitude? If I recall I was simply stating "my own thoughts ideas and opinions" and they weren't very well received, so several folks on here (some of which don't work for ABF either) made it personal, and I responded in kind. Y'all think you're so much better than us, when in fact you react the same way the mods on the OD forum do when you all (generalization) come over and get snarky on our board.

I know from experience tbis is so true. I had over 1000 posts, until i got banned, becuz i got into a "heated debate" with the odfl boys, on their page. I wont make that mistake again. But i will tell u one thing, over here at upsf, the guys i work with still bleed blue n grey( just look at the number of yes votes on the last T.A), and if i left and couldnt get on at abf, My next choice would be OD. They r a very profitable com, thats been on the up n up. Granted they dont have what us union guys have, but they have the bst to offer of any non union outfit. (I just hope n pray if i ever did work there, i hope the odfl tb.com guys arent there. Lol

I can't control the reactions of others on the OD forum so please don't lump all of us together. I believe in debate, just as long as it doesn't get snarky and personal. That's not debate, that's name calling.

Y'all think you're so much better than us, when in fact you react the same way the mods on the OD forum do when you all (generalization) come over and get snarky on our board.

I have to disagree with your term (Y'all) I don't think that I'm better than anyone else and I try very hard not to get snarky (???) I try not to attack the poster and keep name calling to the contents of the post........Just because union workers have a long history of better pay and benefits doesn't make us any better than any other hard working men and women.

But it does make us more open to calling it like we see it. We don't have to hide behind fancy catch words like team members or associates. We aren't afraid to air our dirty laundry nor do we keep our skeletons hidden. We gripe and complain about most everything. But we don't drink the kool-aid . We know that corporate America, with the help of congress has been trying for years to kill the unions and all pension funds. We know we are the first to feel the effects of the continuing race to the bottom. We don't resent you personally but we do resent the companies you work for that under cut our good paying jobs and started this downward spiral that is crushing the middle class blue collar worker.

How can they be similar? If a worker is laid off it is usually done in reverse seniority order. And when they are recalled it is usually done in seniority order. The employees don't lose their company seniority upon recall............With economic terminations or reductions in force this is how it is done at WARD. Employees are terminated without regard to seniority, usually the older higher paid drivers. If and when there is a need for more drivers they are selectively rehired as new employees starting at the entry level wage and benefit rate.

I can't swear to it that OD rehires at the lowest rate.
I honestly don't know how they do it, it would be interesting to find out though. I would assume they'd be fair about it but, maybe not. I'm guessing there is an advantage to the Co, to do it the way they do. I know guys that have been called for random drug tests, while laid off from YRC. Maybe OD does it this way, to wipe their books, sort of speak, while guys aren't working?

Then how can our pension funds be classified as Ponzi schemes? Maybe he did mean bongee scheme because they sure aren't Ponzi schemes
Most people my age (mid 40's) feel that they are, or will end up, being such. Same thing with SS, there just aren't enough paying into them to sustain them.
I remember them talking about it when I was in high school actually, all the doom and gloom about the retiring baby boomers on the horizon. Who knows, maybe we were "stockholmed", like they're doing now with climate change. All the kids wanna go to the beach now, before they're gone..lol.