XPO | One out of three won

I actually should have written post 171 differently... I wrote it quickly from my phone and should have rephrased it... I saw the comments throughout the day but couldn't respond because I do have a job.... I don't sit around all day on TB like some looking for a fight...Making mountains out of mole hills....I will be back to explain what I meant when I get time....Because with so many things on here....Things get taken out of context all the time....I will try to be a little more clear.

but they didnt get the bailout, you came off like they got government money.......

I can could see where it would be taken that way, but he's righted the wrong I think.. We all word things differently in haste.... And would they(YRC employees) really know if Zollars got bag full or not? I'm asking, not accusing.. There are many kickbacks from the government for things we may not know anything about.. Some get it from training, workplace safety classes.. Bill Clinton was a big contributor to companies on the 9001 training.. We got it when I was at Cooper.... A 3 hour class and a booklet... You signed the booklet and turned it back in to the TM... They mailed it in, and got their money...

Since you are apparently confused, let me make this real simple so that you may understand.

He was retired IBEW.

He was not a "union man" in the context it is normally utilized. He shopped at Wal-Mart, he didn't buy only Union-made goods, he didn't think corporations were evil, he even rode a few Hondas. He was a "union member" not what most would describe as a "union man"

He worked for Edison. Edison has many job classifications that are IBEW, they aren't all electricians.

Get it now?

There wasn't any confusion. The only person understanding your posts is you. Don't expect everyone to read between the lines. The way you explained it in the other posts was misleading. This latest reply is a perfect example of saying what you mean. That wasn't so hard was it?

Since you are apparently confused, let me make this real simple so that you may understand.

He was retired IBEW.

He was not a "union man" in the context it is normally utilized. He shopped at Wal-Mart, he didn't buy only Union-made goods, he didn't think corporations were evil, he even rode a few Hondas. He was a "union member" not what most would describe as a "union man"

He worked for Edison. Edison has many job classifications that are IBEW, they aren't all electricians.

Get it now?

I win. You succumb to acting like a 4 year old.

Really? Like this patronizing piece of work? He only said what I was thinking after reading this.

There wasn't any confusion. The only person understanding your posts is you. Don't expect everyone to read between the lines. The way you explained it in the other posts was misleading. This latest reply is a perfect example of saying what you mean. That wasn't so hard was it?

If you weren't so paranoid, looking for things that don't exist, you wouldn't need to read between the lines. There wasn't a hidden agenda. I stated facts and you were looking for clues to challenge my credibility.

I wasn't attempting to mislead anybody. I stated that he was retired IBEW, that he wasn't a "union-man" and that he wasn't an electrician. What the hell was misleading about any of that?

Yeah u have a job good for u. We are all thrilled st that accomplish many.anyway u can try to backpedal as much as u want .whaaaa I was taking out of context. U sound like the white house. Write what u so called mean . the fact isbu were wrong any way u spin it. Even if u were at ur precious job. And. Of looking for a fight grow up don't be such a ..... U fill in the blank wow can't admit when. Wrong. Go into politics .

He was retired IBEW.

Get it now?
What your dad did for a living is irrelevant to this issue. Without the union, would your dad have provided at the same standard of living you and your family came to enjoy? Did your family get paid health insurance? How about a pension? How is/was retirement for your parents? Was there ever a time that the union saved his arse? Maybe he didn't tell you about that. Is there an ounce of gratitude between you and your dad for the union? Was he paid OT? Did he have disability insurance? Did he work in a relatively safe environment? Did your dad get paid vacations and holidays? Did he feel secure in his job? Would you consider his union dues a good investment?

Was your dad not picked for a promotion or something? Or was he picked on? Was the dental plan not good enough? lol Within the framework of your dad's union experience, what is it that made you not like the union?

Within the framework of your dad's union experience, what is it that made you not like the union.

Absolutely nothing. The IBEW was good for my dad. I have stated many times in various threads, there are numerous unions that I believe are "good". I consider the IBEW one of them.

Yeah u have a job good for u. We are all thrilled st that accomplish many.anyway u can try to backpedal as much as u want .whaaaa I was taking out of context. U sound like the white house. Write what u so called mean . the fact isbu were wrong any way u spin it. Even if u were at ur precious job. And. Of looking for a fight grow up don't be such a ..... U fill in the blank wow can't admit when. Wrong. Go into politics .
I'm sure most know your talking to me...But you really need to quote me so to avoid any confusion.... "The high road can be a lonely place, but the smooth ride and beautiful view are much more satisfying." BTW would you like a copy of Rosetta Stone for the English language..... I'm having a little trouble deciphering your post.

No thanks I have sausage fingers. If u can't figure it out that's OK. Just think a little before u spread lies. Can u decipher this or do u need to be on the red bus ? Just asking.

Absolutely nothing. The IBEW was good for my dad. I have stated many times in various threads, there are numerous unions that I believe are "good". I consider the IBEW one of them.
Got it. The IBEW is a good union.
You think we can sell the Conway workforce on the IBEW? - Nationally? We already have 100 (?) terminals signing Teamster cards. And as far as I know, only Teamster cards.

No thanks I have sausage fingers. If u can't figure it out that's OK. Just think a little before u spread lies. Can u decipher this or do u need to be on the red bus ? Just asking.

OK, I'm always game for laugh, what's the red bus? I thought it was the short bus? Y'all have some fun and let this **** go... Life's too short..(LOL)......

OK, I'm always game for laugh, what's the red bus? I thought it was the short bus? Y'all have some fun and let this **** go... Life's too short..(LOL)......
It's the high road for me today at this moment .... Many guys take this stuff way too serious ..... At times I have let it get under my skin .... But if your to last here you must learn when to take the high road.... You don't always need to stoop down to the other guys level or have the last word .... Many..Many times its just best to let it go ... Guardrail always tells us to think before we post ....He's tells us he can't tell us how many times he has just stopped and said no and hit delete ...... Sometimes its best to just let it go ....Plain and simple..... This is one of those times.

It's the high road for me today at this moment .... Many guys take this stuff way too serious ..... At times I have let it get under my skin .... But if your to last here you must learn when to take the high road.... You don't always need to stoop down to the other guys level or have the last word .... Many..Many times its just best to let it go ... Guardrail always tells us to think before we post ....He's tells us he can't tell us how many times he has just stopped and said no and hit delete ...... Sometimes its best to just let it go ....Plain and simple..... This is one of those times.

You just don't know how many times I've hit "delete".. It's just not worth it... It's like I say about politics, "You're not ever going to get two truck drivers to ever agree on one thing".. That's because we're smarter than politicians and like to explore the possibilities... And sometimes we just say stupid ****....

It's the high road for me today at this moment .... Many guys take this stuff way too serious ..... At times I have let it get under my skin .... But if your to last here you must learn when to take the high road.... You don't always Ineed to stoop down to the other guys level or have the last word .... Many..Many times its just best to let it go ... Guardrail always tells us to think before we post ....He's tells us he can't tell us how many times he has just stopped and said no and hit delete ...... Sometimes its best to just let it go ....Plain and simple..... This is one of those times.

Yet you are compelled to tell everyone you are on the moral high road

If you weren't so paranoid, looking for things that don't exist, you wouldn't need to read between the lines. There wasn't a hidden agenda. I stated facts and you were looking for clues to challenge my credibility.

I wasn't attempting to mislead anybody. I stated that he was retired IBEW, that he wasn't a "union-man" and that he wasn't an electrician. What the hell was misleading about any of that?

The paranoia and defense mechanism are yours alone. Your credibility? That is all your own doing. I have one question. When you say "you," are you singling me out or are you lumping all us Union members into a big heap? You see, I wasn't the one that asked the question. I was the one that pointed out what caused that poster to ask you a question regarding pension and bennies. I am quite sure many wondered how your dad could have been retired IBEW and not a "Union man." In other words, not a member and receiving a pension. Does that clear it up any?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

So why the beef with the Teamsters?

My main issues revolve around seniority and work-place rules. Some of them differ quite drastically from other unions, and create an atmosphere that, oftentimes is the enemy of an efficient operation.

My main issues revolve around seniority and work-place rules. Some of them differ quite drastically from other unions, and create an atmosphere that, oftentimes is the enemy of an efficient operation.

Please enlighten me on your specific issues with seniority and work rules.