XPO | One out of three won

Please runaway tellhow the govt go involved I want to hear this like others do m sure. I don't recall them doing anything . I'm sure it was the unions fault right. Just never heard of govt whatsoever getting in on that. U can be brief

YRC even today happens to be very unstable....After everything they have given they still are in trouble....If it wasn't for the government I truly believe they never would have survived....Where does the blame belong?....Mostly to Zollars arrogance.

Runaway you just stepped into a big pile there sir. When I worked for YRC it was during the last round of negotiations and there was NO government anything whatsoever. All of the ABS facilities were refinanced by banks or hedge funds as a syndicate. And yes the blame is squarely on Zollars. Mergers and Acquisitons are not really teamster issues they are management issues. And when they go very wrong like they did the end result is squarely on Zollars and that rubber stamp board of directors. They bought those companies soley on credit and now you see the ramifications. Leveraged to the hilt with **** poor management. So no there was no government anything.

Please runaway tellhow the govt go involved I want to hear this like others do m sure. I don't recall them doing anything . I'm sure it was the unions fault right. Just never heard of govt whatsoever getting in on that. U can be brief
If memory serves, Zollars wanted to get bailout money and the government told him to pound sand.

There is nothing wrong with your ideology should that ideology be agreed-upon in advance. That's your's and your employer's choice.

Is entitlement the same as wanting what was previously agreed-upon in an exchange?

Understood. It's entitlement, as in you are entitled to it because that was the agreement. Vastly different than me saying "entitled to what you didn't earn"

Arguably the best run union company ever! Arguably! That says it all!

Do you disagree? If you think somebody else is a better run union company, then by definition the point is "arguable". You and I can think they are the best but Jim Bob thinks differently, that makes it "arguably". Get it?

Yellowpride said:
You may have been out here since 87, but you are obviously as ignorant as you proclaim. You really don't know trucking. You don't know the history of trucking. You're come off like an angry little man who probably is in good with management and doesn't want anything to change despite the fact your coworkers are seeing an erosion of everything that made Conway so good for so many years.

Read that again, and tell me who comes off as an angry little man.

Yellowpride said:
The fact that your father was an IBEW union electrician and provided you and your family an upper middle class life is wonderful. Your father was a union man and very hard worker I'm sure. Yet you have the audacity to come on here and spew that everything union is negative. You should be ashamed of yourself.

There you go jumping to conclusions again. My father was not a union electrician he was a member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. He wasn't a "union man"....he was employed by a company that had union represented employees.

Take a deep breath, count to 100, pull your head out....whatever you need to do to think a little more clearly. I haven't spewed "everything union is negative". In fact, I've stated that the likely healthcare plan will be a bargain. That there are POSITIVES and negatives, and that each person needs to weigh those for themselves. I've stated that the POA, MLB players association, SAG, some teachers unions, etc. are good. I've stated that I won't find myself employed in a company that has Teamster represented employees because the Teamsters union is negative.

Understood. It's entitlement, as in you are entitled to it because that was the agreement. Vastly different than me saying "entitled to what you didn't earn"

i need a quick reply you say your father was not a union electrician but he was a member ibew

Do you disagree? If you think somebody else is a better run union company, then by definition the point is "arguable". You and I can think they are the best but Jim Bob thinks differently, that makes it "arguably". Get it?

Read that again, and tell me who comes off as an angry little man.

There you go jumping to conclusions again. My father was not a union electrician he was a member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. He wasn't a "union man"....he was employed by a company that had union represented employees.

Take a deep breath, count to 100, pull your head out....whatever you need to do to think a little more clearly. I haven't spewed "everything union is negative". In fact, I've stated that the likely healthcare plan will be a bargain. That there are POSITIVES and negatives, and that each person needs to weigh those for themselves. I've stated that the POA, MLB players association, SAG, some teachers unions, etc. are good. I've stated that I won't find myself employed in a company that has Teamster represented employees because the Teamsters union is negative.

i need a quick reply you say your father was not a union electrician but he was a member ibew he did not receive bennys through the union?

IBEW has members in a variety of occupations, from ditch diggers, utility meter readers, welders, etc. They aren't all electricians.

Not sure what "He did not receive bennys through the union?" means as I didn't make any comment one way or another.

So see runaway u didn't have to tell me cause I knew u were already wrong just wanted u to prove it some more lol
I actually should have written post 171 differently... I wrote it quickly from my phone and should have rephrased it... I saw the comments throughout the day but couldn't respond because I do have a job.... I don't sit around all day on TB like some looking for a fight...Making mountains out of mole hills....I will be back to explain what I meant when I get time....Because with so many things on here....Things get taken out of context all the time....I will try to be a little more clear.

If memory serves, Zollars wanted to get bailout money and the government told him to pound sand.

If I read it right, I think that's what RAT was referring to... But if you were with YRC at the time or even breathing in the freight business at the time, you knew about it.. Hell, I was working at Estes at the time and it made all the Trucking News outlets... I guess Zollars felt like if the Big 3 could get one, why not me... And probably because the UAW was connected, and the UAW did a wonderful job IMO keeping Fiat out of the mix... Kudos to them for that..

And back then, everyone in business had government involvement at one point in time,IMO... LOL

If I read it right, I think that's what RAT was referring to... But if you were with YRC at the time or even breathing in the freight business at the time, you knew about it.. Hell, I was working at Estes at the time and it made all the Trucking News outlets... I guess Zollars felt like if the Big 3 could get one, why not me... And probably because the UAW was connected, and the UAW did a wonderful job IMO keeping Fiat out of the mix... Kudos to them for that..

And back then, everyone in business had government involvement at one point in time,IMO... LOL
That is exactly what I was referring to....I knew the Loon would get it right off......But I must say YRC-ATM is very bright too....He got what I was referring to right off ....Good one YRC...... Look I'm not sure what Obama would do in 2015 if YRC were to ask him for help. Would he like the fact that 32000 Teamsters would be on the street ? ... Probably not a lot he could do because after all this isn't the big three.... A different situation.... But this is a fact....YRC is still unstable....The nons have been trying to send them packing for years... YRC better get it together or they could fall just like CF....YRC IS NOT UPSF....... Anything is possible in the LTL market..... It is a cut throat business....... The competition will do anything to gain market share... That much I do know.

That is exactly what I was referring to....I knew the Loon would get it right off......But I must say YRC-ATM is very bright too....He got what I was referring to right off ....Good one YRC...... Look I'm not sure what Obama would do in 2015 if YRC were to ask him for help. Would he like the fact that 32000 Teamsters would be on the street ? ... Probably not a lot he could do because after all this isn't the big three.... A different situation.... But this is a fact....YRC is still unstable....The nons have been trying to send them packing for years... YRC better get it together or they could fall just like CF....YRC IS NOT UPSF....... Anything is possible in the LTL market..... It is a cut throat business....... The competition will do anything to gain market share... That much I do know.

The problem with those times is, all of the people in business were worried about what was going to happen.. The housing bust affected everyone, not just banks, but, that's where businesses go to get relief or help.. And I can see the banks doing what they did, who wants more bad debt on the books.. And not just YRC's bad debt, everyone... During times of depression and inconsistent economic revelations, everyone suffers.. That's what made it so tough on people and companies with bad debt and trying to correct the wrongs... Did the purchase of Roadway and Saia hurt YRC, some say yes... Giving too much $$$ for each company and inheriting bad debt multiplies your chances of having more trouble..

I don't know, I'm not an economic guru and I don't know it all, but I do know that if you don't have the capital to reinforce your stability as a whole, then you are just cutting your nose off to spite your face... Being the biggest, don't always make you the best, nor does it guarantee your survival in such a competitive market like we all deal with...

But getting back to the bailouts, do I believe in my business dealings think that Obama would bailout YRC, or anyone from this point on, absolutely positively not.. He hasn't held up to any of the promises yet and to push political ******* over the edge I would be comfortable saying he wouldn't take that chance because of the DNC.. He doesn't have the backing of the party like he had starting out... It's politics friends, and no politician will gamble his agenda for anyone and that means trucking... But, would I be as angry and dissatisfied as the YRC Teamster brothers, absolutely... Remember, nowadays, it doesn't matter if are union or not, we are all in this together.. If one suffers, we all suffer.. So to the companies, and I hope not to offend, they'll tell you, "this is strictly business, nothing personal", a business of survival....

I say a prayer every night for these guys/gals and hope the very best for them and their families for the future.. But we are in survival mode now in business.. Everyone here that knows me, knows that my wife and I started our business several years back and have struggled at times, while I was running linehaul with two different freight lines full-time in a 20 year stretch...... But I always swore and made it a commitment to take care of my people.. As I was telling the folks in another forum, this past Sunday I had to do one the worst things I have ever had to do in my 20 years in business, and that was to tell my people I had to increase their insurance to cover the cost.. I was already absorbing 57%, and believe it or not, that's a lot owning a Mom and Pop business and competing in this market... My wife and kids tell me I am obsessed with work and it's going to kill me.. I just tell them "How many people who own a business these days aren't killing themselves.. lol
It just the nature of the beast.... But, all that I've said here is my opinion and first hand account with dealing with Small Business government agencies... I don't know whether i would want to deal with them on a YRC level..LOL

IBEW has members in a variety of occupations, from ditch diggers, utility meter readers, welders, etc. They aren't all electricians.

Not sure what "He did not receive bennys through the union?" means as I didn't make any comment one way or another.

Post 176 you said your father was retired IBEW. A real heart felt post all about your blue collar upbringing. Then in post 188 you said he was a member of the IBEW but not a "union man" and worked for a company who's workers were represented by the IBEW. Hmmmmmm.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

he was a dues paying member, that is all. im sure he was above the IBEW, much the same as EX thinks he is smarter/better than IBT members....

but they didnt get the bailout, you came off like they got government money.......

Post 176 you said your father was retired IBEW. A real heart felt post all about your blue collar upbringing. Then in post 188 you said he was a member of the IBEW but not a "union man" and worked for a company who's workers were represented by the IBEW. Hmmmmmm.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Since you are apparently confused, let me make this real simple so that you may understand.

He was retired IBEW.

He was not a "union man" in the context it is normally utilized. He shopped at Wal-Mart, he didn't buy only Union-made goods, he didn't think corporations were evil, he even rode a few Hondas. He was a "union member" not what most would describe as a "union man"

He worked for Edison. Edison has many job classifications that are IBEW, they aren't all electricians.

Get it now?