TForce | Open Invitation to UPSF from APWA

Apo... I used to get those calls. i didnt fall for it because the news warned us about the scams popping up. dont fall for it again, we are trying to warn you again. and i just heard 1 and a half million people stand up.

wassesname said:
DY... you like the idea of not having to do anything, just like the two guys who are trying to start their own little club. havnt done anything, dont DO anything. have you contributed? is it tax deductable? did you get a real reciept or a bar napkin with some scribbling on it?
No worse than the theft the Teamsters have been charged with in the past?:thumbsup:

living in the past... contribute a dollar so they can tape it up on their wall in some dark musty basement with the word OFFICE on the door.

Hoffa tells CNN's Dana Bash his group split with the AFL-CIO because unions aren't growing and policies aren't working.:poster_oops:

Apostolic said:
I never even heard of this APWA before I became a member of these truckingboards?

At least the Teamsters have a record of doing something.
What has this unkown union done to date?

Great observation Apostolic. You hit the nail on the head with that one

Teamsters retiring after January 1. 2004 can no longer count on the standard 30-and-out at $3,000 pension with $100 per year worked after 30. Instead they will get a smaller amount based on a complicated formula that counts years worked before January 1 and years worked after differently. Those who retire after November 18, 2003, and are under 57, will have to pay $510 per month ($1,020 per couple) for health and welfare.

Those who retire after December 31, 2004 will not be eligible for any retiree coverage until age 57.

Those retiring over age 57 will pay an amount based on age at retirement.

For those already retired, monthly premiums for H&W will be increased $50 ($100 for couples) every year.

This is an enormous burden on retirees and will make early retirement difficult or impossible for many Teamsters.
CS H&W:
Under 57 - $510.00 single - $1020.00 Spouse
Age 57 $255.00 $510.00 Spouse
Age 58 $230.00 $460.00 Spouse
Age 59 $205.00 $410.00 Spouse
Age 60 $180.00 $360.00 Spouse
Age 61 $155.00 $310.00 Spouse
Age 62+ $130.00 $260.00 Spouse

Monthly cost with at least 30 year pension.

In future years, the monthly contribution for Retiree Health Plan participants will increase an additional $50.00 per person each year ($100.00 for member and spouse) unless the amount is changed by the Trustees.

Teamster pensions

Teamsters retiring after January 1. 2004 can no longer count on the standard 30-and-out at $3,000 pension with $100 per year worked after 30. Instead they will get a smaller amount based on a complicated formula that counts years worked before January 1 and years worked after differently. Those who retire after November 18, 2003, and are under 57, will have to pay $510 per month ($1,020 per couple) for health and welfare.

Those who retire after December 31, 2004 will not be eligible for any retiree coverage until age 57.

For those already retired, monthly premiums for H&W will be increased $50 ($100 for couples) every year.

This is an enormous burden on retirees and will make early retirement difficult or impossible for many Teamsters.

CS H&W:

In future years, the monthly contribution for Retiree Health Plan participants will increase an additional $50.00 per person each year ($100.00 for member and spouse) unless the amount is changed by the Trustees.

WMdriver said:

CS H&W:

WMdriver, I have no idea which fund you are saying made these changes but it's not all of them. My fund is much better than that.

By the way, Welcome to the boards

If you retire before age 62, Central States will penalize you 6 percent for every year under age 62 that you retire.
That means if you retire at age 57, they’ll take 30 percent off the monthly pension benefits

Answers to Recent Teamster Pension Questions Can they cut my pension after I retire? Yes, exception would be where a failing plan does not have enough money to meet its liabilities and is intervened by the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation.
Can they raise my health and welfare cost after I retire? Yes, it can be raised after you retire. The Central States Health and Welfare Fund recently announced that they would raise retirees’ monthly payment for coverage for a retiree and spouse by $100 every year until further notice. At that rate, some retirees’ pensions will be completely eaten up by health and welfare payments in a few years.

WMdriver said:
Answers to Recent Teamster Pension Questions Can they cut my pension after I retire? Yes, exception would be where a failing plan does not have enough money to meet its liabilities and is intervened by the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation.
Can they raise my health and welfare cost after I retire? Yes, it can be raised after you retire. The Central States Health and Welfare Fund recently announced that they would raise retirees’ monthly payment for coverage for a retiree and spouse by $100 every year until further notice. At that rate, some retirees’ pensions will be completely eaten up by health and welfare payments in a few years.
Nothing is perfect....So think.....:27:

WMdriver said:
If you retire before age 62, Central States will penalize you 6 percent for every year under age 62 that you retire.
That means if you retire at age 57, they’ll take 30 percent off the monthly pension benefits

If you retire before age 62............. and what?

There is more to that staement. This is piecemeal.

Post a link to the source of your infomation please.
In holds no credit.

The way I read the Central States Pension Fund rules is you get a lot more for you buck than a simple phuck.

I could post here that the insurance is different, the payments start earlier and higher than those that you posted, so where's the validness of your statements coming from.

Post a links please for all those to read.

T251

Teamster251 said:
If you retire before age 62............. and what?

There is more to that staement. This is piecemeal.

Post a link to the source of your infomation please.
In holds no credit.

The way I read the Central States Pension Fund rules is you get a lot more for you buck than a simple phuck.

I could post here that the insurance is different, the payments start earlier and higher than those that you posted, so where's the validness of your statements coming from.

Post a links please for all those to read.

T251

Is this the same retirement program they talk about?

Link: http://www.knowyourpension.org/multi_employer_pensions.aspx

The Native Americans got around Johnnybegood..

My Dad was a full blooded German,but my Mom was English,and Seneca.

When the white man setteled in the new world.
The Indians agreed to share the land thats owned by God alone,who created all things.
But the white man told them forget sharing it get out we want the land for ourselves.

There are two records of history.
Whats writen by the white man,and what really took place handed down threw the tribes that are still left after all kinds of persecution,of the Native American people.
From when the frist boat load of settelers landed on American shores.

I guess Americans must have gotten friendlier with Native Americans over the years,because theres a lot of Indian, white mixed families through out all of America now.

My Mom tryed to follow her family line,and all the writen acounts ended with the Seneca trail in New York State.

It was kind of interesting for her,but I didn't care one way or another.

I was born in America so that makes me an American,end of story,case closed.