TForce | Organizing Overnite/UPS Freight

gopher said:
well someones got there numbers wrong.under carey .Overnight had around22 terminals signed to join the teamsters .under hoffa jr. he let them go.hoffa has lost over 200,000 members during his term.carey raised membership doing his time better them anyone but hoffas sr.now JR.lost them all.The contract that JR. got us is the biggest take a way deal in 30 years.Get the facts man.Tdu has been around over 30 years.Without them you never would of gotten the right to vote for your national pres.
I seem to remember those terminals all decertified,How were they let go?:cool:

Guys, I must say I am proud of you all. Started down a rough path and I can see a big turn around. BRAVO, this is what we need to get done what is best for all of us UPSF people. Not saying one way or another just slow to speak, slow to anger, and quick to listen. Life and situations are only as complicated as we chose to make them. But, I must say my bag of oats for the old stallion is growing everyday. Also, had a question. If we go union and we get credits for our time in our existing NON-union pensions(Ithink I understood it to be 1 credit for every 2 years put in) then where do those funds come from? Does UPS have to give those funds to the Teamsters to cover them? Or is it just covered by the increase in members? I hope this made sense, in person I can articulate my words much better. I know t251 was right saying I am my words are cloudy. So, if so I apologize in advance. And buttonman stop to consider that some people will just say things to get your goat.

Greezy trucker,

from what i read, you would probaly get the 1year for 2 served as credit, plus you would also be entitled to the pension monies that were contributed while you were at O. The 1 for 2 would be payed for by your future contributions. This has been done in the past.

hugnlug said:
I couldn't agree with you anymore skeeter. Hoffa can't suck enough!! But the teamsters are a democracy and there leaders are elected too. I don't think he'll be re-elected next round. There is a guy called Lealand or Leeman from UPS thats running. Would like more info on him. But we could have an impact on that too if we go union and vote.
you are both right,in a sense,look,if WE were TEAMSTERS right now,you like HOFFA,I don't,or vise-versa,WE have a way to either vote for/against him,what do WE really have ,as far as say now?n,one,can we vote our T/M ,or our REGIONAL V.P,or LEO,out of their positions ,if we don't like/agree with the,HELL NO,that is all I'M trying to say,we have at least that oporttunity to be at least able to do that,SKEET,as TEAMSTER,if you don't like HOFFA JR.,YOU have the privalege/honer of personally firing him,and replacing him,can that be said NOW?,HELL NO.:cool: :smilie_132: :bgroovy:

Buttonman74:bgroovy: If you like Hoffa so much why don't you go to work for the Mother company" UPS" I'm sure they have a nice part time slot for you.:wavey:

dvr49 said:
Buttonman7 If you like Hoffa so much why don't you go to work for the Mother company" UPS" I'm sure they have a nice part time slot for you.:wavey:
NO THANKS,WHY WOULd I do that,after how many[too many] years of fun here ,:biglaugh: :rofl2:: :duh:

p.s,don't we work for momma co. I better get home,tell momma she's hollering for me'. [been a whole lot better,cost a who'll lot more.:wavey: :smilie_132: :bgroovy: :biglaugh:

BUTTONMAN74 said:
any employees of overnite who did have the onions in their pants,to stand up to the b*****ds,and for their basic rights in this country,guess with some its easier to suck a** than be a real man/woman,and have /grow some balls. :
Funny Butt, You seem to criticize those people that chose to not go on "strike". What about their "rights" to choose?
And I've said it before and I'll say it again...Everybody had ALOT to say while I was in my truck going through the lines. But, didn't have anything to say when I walked through the middle of them. Huh...imagine that.

dvr49 said:
Buttonman74: If you like Hoffa so much why don't you go to work for the Mother company" UPS" I'm sure they have a nice part time slot for you.
:rofl2: you first:biglaugh::biglaugh: :biglaugh:no one could ever accuse me of not being a gentlemen.

Teamster251 said:
Skeeter what about the MAJORITY that voted for union representation at various terminals and O'nite did not bargin in good faith. Onite broke or violated every NLRB ruling or law and paid millions in fines to boot.

Problem this time around is UPS has an image to uphold. They aren't going to let negative press tarnish thier image.
Bring it on Skeeter we're waiting.
YA,can't see ESKEW letting SUGGS:loser: :redneck: screwup the UPS BROWN&GOLD image of theirs with labor disputs/troubles,especially with there talk of high standards & emphasis on the UPS name,like we all heard at the 'standard of brand ' meetings.ESKEW'S THE CAPTAIN OF THE SHIP,and gives SUGGS the orders,people,not the other way around!,like some would like to think.:tribehasspoken:

dvr49 said:
Buttonman74: If you like Hoffa so much why don't you go to work for the Mother company" UPS" I'm sure they have a nice part time slot for you.
dvr49,if you like SUGGS & CO.:bigfinger: why don't you follow them after ups sh.tcans them,they'll really be looking out for ya,really care about ya.:biglaugh: :rofl2: :jerkit:p.s,only don't expect to see them on the unemployment line,unlike you.

dvr49 said:
Buttonman74:: If you like Hoffa so much why don't you go to work for the Mother company" UPS" I'm sure they have a nice part time slot for you.
:rofl2:
really wishful thinking/hoping on yours/managements part:jerkit: :boohoo: :moon2:or what ,you don't the company does it for you,forgot all about it.

Skeeter said:
This is turning into a union vs nonunion board. It is getting mighty boring.
it sure does,thats why i like to throw a little humor into it,to liven things up a little,it's like anything,if you talk about it to much[except hunting,fishing ,gals,guns] it get's boring.:beerchug: :beerchug: :smilies-19296::highfive:

Animo916 said:
Skeeter,

As Stldude pointed out, when Ron Carey (former UPS member) was president of the Teamsters, we signed our worst contract ever. Carey was also the president during the last Teamster strike, also 94, and the last UPS strike. Under Hoffa however, the last contracts for both UPS and NMFA were both negotiated before the deadlines and no strikes took place. It was also one of the better contracts we've had in a long time. As far as TDU's numbers, they have been a minority since Hoffa took office.

As far as what the future holds for UPSF, it's basically simple, you should fall under the NMFA and deserve everything that NMFA members have.
Same health and Welfare for your area
Same wages
Overtime after 8 hours per day
Same vacation schedule
Same sick and personal day policy
Seniority protection
Harrassment protection
Grievence procedures
Also, instead of paying weekly ( I believe someone mentioned $40) into your insurance plan, you would be paying 2 hours salary per month for union dues, which is tax deductible and therefore financially a moot topic.

While everyone would love a sweethert deal, the reality is you would fall right in line with the rest of the NMFA....and yes...it would be great if we could all get the same deal as UPS small package workers, but that just won't happen.
Hope this helps. :wavey: :smilie_132:

If you have read my posts I think you will find I am not happy with the way Overnite does us on delay and over time. I have also said in my opinion UPSF will change this.

If they don't and I realize they have no intention on doing so. Then the teamsters will get my vote.

They have said they want to best. The best paying and benefits you know the vision. I think they know they can't be with the way they are paying us now for delay and break downs etc.

I just waiting.

:cool: UPSF is happy every day we don't have a contract. They are saving money. If we will all accept this "wait & see" attitude, management will continue to pocket $$$$$ and rack up big bonuses. :biglaugh: They probably even know the union is inevitable, they are just happy to keep us scared as long as they can. Every day means more dollars for them.:bgroovy:

Skeeter said:
If you have read my posts I think you will find I am not happy with the way Overnite does us on delay and over time. I have also said in my opinion UPSF will change this.

If they don't and I realize they have no intention on doing so. Then the teamsters will get my vote.

They have said they want to best. The best paying and benefits you know the vision. I think they know they can't be with the way they are paying us now for delay and break downs etc.

I just waiting.
skeet,you do a turn/or a sleeper team,or layover ?were abouts you out of out west,southwest,east,south,southeast,northeast?:smilie_132: :smilie_132: :smilie_132: :bgroovy: