XPO | Part time dock

We have had 4 or 5 dock guys on outbound at my barn for a long time now, and they'd just hired 3 more last week. There's been 1 driver quit and 3 get fired in the last few months, and they haven't been replaced. When we did our bids last Nov, they removed a bunch of early start times and now use the flex board to fill them until they can get these new dock workers in.

We also have a short linehaul run that's only 69 miles and guys get OT on their dock all the time. We always run short on linehaul drivers and end up sending the late city guys up there for a turn though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Any word on how much the part/full time dock guys up north will make? It ain't sh!} down here. I don't know what they expect for less than $13 an hour......

They are temps for now in my area. The couple that we hired from temps make about 16.00 an hour.

The ones that were hired in as company were making around $12 an hour before, and they said they were going to up it a few dollars. Guess they finally realized they weren't going to find anyone good for $12 bucks an hour.

Maybe ConWay is taking an overall look at the age of employees and making this move to pt/ft dock work now rather than later. The more drivers that are retiring they won't have to necessarily replace them, just rely on existing staff and replace their abilities on the dock with cheap labor. Those at the top must begin to realize that they will get what they pay for, especially when these part timers have no skin in the game. They won't receive vpp, they won't have to come face to face with customers as you attempt to deliver damaged freight with shame and embarrassment written all over your face. This is a bad idea and one that will surely come back to seriously bite them in the butt. At the re ship I run to every night, they spend more of their time down in the break room,leaving breakers mid way not finishing them and warming themselves up as we as drivers search for our freight scrambling to stay under our 14. To me it seems as though ConWay drives a bus into the hood and grabs up the middle school drop outs over the age of 18 on the street corners sipping boones farms and offers them a gig. What a JOKE!!!!!!! I'm working my can off to pay off my motgage in a hurry just in case this house of cards xgo is creating comes crashing down. Our customers deserve better.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

The drivers won't be getting any more raises anytime soon. Oh well, I'll hit top pay in a couple months, so it'll seem like I got a huge raise anyway lol

the CEO's are making millions and we are making 1980's wages. Sure, whatever.
You mean like the CEO of JP Morgan, that even after the bank got fined 14 Billion for fronting risky mortgages, the Board still voted to hike up his pay, saying they have to retain talent and be on par with his peers?