XPO | Part time dock

You mean like the CEO of JP Morgan, that even after the bank got fined 14 Billion for fronting risky mortgages, the Board still voted to hike up his pay, saying they have to retain talent and be on par with his peers?

What a sad commentary on what this country has become.

I drive about 217 miles one way to the FAC.....and its about 4 or 5 hours until I get loads to make the drive back, so you guys telling me someday i'll get there and have to sit off the clock until my loads are ready because only dock workers are working the freight? :hysterical: If that is the way its going to be......i'll be finding somewhere else to work!

I drive about 217 miles one way to the FAC.....and its about 4 or 5 hours until I get loads to make the drive back, so you guys telling me someday i'll get there and have to sit off the clock until my loads are ready because only dock workers are working the freight? :hysterical: If that is the way its going to be......i'll be finding somewhere else to work!
That won't change. Its our model. Dock is where you make your money.

You got to take a half hour for lunch. And the first hour waiting is free. You know it's coming. Sitting and waiting.

They are trying to follow the model of Estes, ODFL and others. There are plans in the works to eliminate sub-service usage as well, which needed to be done a long time ago. I via through the XLA hell hole every once in a while, and it seems like there are more sub-service drivers there than Con-Way drivers. It's ridiculous.

Eventually we will be like the others and haul all of our own freight with hub and spoke style operations. So no, I don't believe we are going to be sitting in the break room for hours on end waiting. Some drivers will just have to go out on the road board and run wild. I know a few that would actually enjoy it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

They are trying to follow the model of Estes, ODFL and others. There are plans in the works to eliminate sub-service usage as well, which needed to be done a long time ago. I via through the XLA hell hole every once in a while, and it seems like there are more sub-service drivers there than Con-Way drivers. It's ridiculous.

Eventually we will be like the others and haul all of our own freight with hub and spoke style operations. So no, I don't believe we are going to be sitting in the break room for hours on end waiting. Some drivers will just have to go out on the road board and run wild. I know a few that would actually enjoy it.

All of what others? Every ltl outfit I know has purchase transportaion

No kidding, I think he got like a 74% pay increase. Makes over 20 million a year. Don't remember if it includes stock options or other perks.

That's an incentive for people to work hard and better themselves. You should try for that position. Run a company and make millions. Most people barely run their own lives, much less be in charge of billions of dollars of other peoples money.

I've noticed a slight drop off in sub-service usage. ( i don't see any numbers), just know our place. they exhaust the flex-board everyday. Seems to be a lot more day-runs here lately.

If they were to eliminate all the sub-service, they would have to get somebody else to run the company, somebody that knew how to run a trucking company, not numbers and metrics minded people. That's for sure. I don't see sub-service going away..there is too much of it. it would take ten years to untangle that mess.

Our place looks like a Petro. All we are missing is a buffet and showers none of those subs use.....
I came in late one Saturday afternoon...there was a sub-driver washing his clothes with the hose at the fuel island. Said his pants got dirty.

I came in late one Saturday afternoon...there was a sub-driver washing his clothes with the hose at the fuel island. Said his pants got dirty.
we had one washing his feet in the hand wash basin , we also had one standing with a major plumbers crack standing at the counter.
Oh i almost forgot,,,, a cross-dresser a couple weeks ago also,,,,
this is the kind of drivers hauling our customers freight,, makes me sick.

I've noticed a slight drop off in sub-service usage. ( i don't see any numbers), just know our place. they exhaust the flex-board everyday. Seems to be a lot more day-runs here lately.

If they were to eliminate all the sub-service, they would have to get somebody else to run the company, somebody that knew how to run a trucking company, not numbers and metrics minded people. That's for sure. I don't see sub-service going away..there is too much of it. it would take ten years to untangle that mess.

It will definitely take a few years at least, but that's what all the management has been saying their goal is, and getting a dock workforce is the first step. I for one think it's a good thing just because of the elimination of sub-service alone.

Go to any big FAC that handles U-freight (like XLA or XCW) and you'll see what we're taking about. There's no reason we shouldn't be hauling our own freight with our own trucks and drivers...