FedEx Freight | Policy Update: Active collision mitigation system & Fwd facing cameras

Obviously you don't drive in a metro city area. Why don't you tell your comment to the 11 or so hubs and terminals in the Chicago region that are getting about 400 events triggered per day. Again another person that isn't looking at the whole picture just the small window of his individual world. How Washington DC area,Baltimore, Dallas, N.Y.,NJ

mAWouhw.jpg

There is no conspiracy we have a new policy apparently you haven't had the preshift yet.
Apparently you only heard what you wanted to hear...as usual!! Collision Mitigation and Yaw Control are the only two events that are currently being triggered, Headway (following distance), Roll Stability, and Sudden Stop are not!! You guys are complaining about things that are currently irrelevant...that's called fear mongering!!

Obviously you don't drive in a metro city area. Why don't you tell your comment to the 11 or so hubs and terminals in the Chicago region that are getting about 400 events triggered per day. Again another person that isn't looking at the whole picture just the small window of his individual world. How Washington DC area,Baltimore, Dallas, N.Y.,NJ
Says the make believe shop steward!! Your center, like mine, doesn't have the forward facing cameras so all you have is hearsay...and I'm sure your subjective to that hearsay!!
And for the record, in most major metros you're lucky if you can sniff 55mph so your headway argument in metros is irrelevant!!

I will start by saying our barn has been using the elog and camera system for 4 months....that being said.....not a thing wrong with them. Obviously most of you have been misinformed or do not listen to what you're being told. The elog system is great...push the screen and go.. the camera system is not an issue if you don't drive like an idiot...I run 500+ miles a day and have not had a trigger event yet. The headway trigger is set off by following 2 seconds or closer for more than 3 miles at speeds above 55. If it triggers you're tailgating....period....the headway trigger has been suspended pending further studies....as of last week...there is a camera facing the driver on the tablet but is not being used. We were told we could tape over it if we felt like we needed to. Which mine has been for 4 months....not a word about it. I know for a fact my city driver has several triggers a day. Shows right on there. He has been talked to about a couple but no write ups.....so all you conspiracy theorists can stop worrying.....shut up and drive like the professionals you're supposed to be and don't worry about it.......

It's kind of tough to comment accurately on specifics of a system that is evolving. Some portions, put on hold while being worked out, etc. I will say that we should all be on the same page, in terms of communicating the policy. We stay tuned...

Clearly, Southerntrucker, you are mistaken in stating that 2 seconds headway qualifies as "tailgating". That is nonsense. It may violate policy and trigger an event, but is not even close to rising to the level of tailgating, or aggressive driving.

One element that is unquestionably good, is the video evidence that so called "ghost braking" is real, despite vendor assurances to the contrary.

Apparently you only heard what you wanted to hear...as usual!! Collision Mitigation and Yaw Control are the only two events that are currently being triggered, Headway (following distance), Roll Stability, and Sudden Stop are not!! You guys are complaining about things that are currently irrelevant...that's called fear mongering!!
Here goes manager red again, no read it fine and have spoke to those who have had meetings. What part did you not get. It is temporarily stopped until they redo a contract and get more people hired to monitor. The companies credibility is long gone, what they say now does not mean it can't be put back on in the future. Again it's what they the company is willing to pay for to monitor. So take your clt redshirt approach somewhere else Mr. Angry.

It's kind of tough to comment accurately on specifics of a system that is evolving. Some portions, put on hold while being worked out, etc. I will say that we should all be on the same page, in terms of communicating the policy. We stay tuned...

Clearly, Southerntrucker, you are mistaken in stating that 2 seconds headway qualifies as "tailgating". That is nonsense. It may violate policy and trigger an event, but is not even close to rising to the level of tailgating, or aggressive driving.

One element that is unquestionably good, is the video evidence that so called "ghost braking" is real, despite vendor assurances to the contrary.
Since you refuse to give us your opinion on the policy, what is your opinion on tailgating...or what do you consider tailgating, using the car in front of you as a hood ornament??

Note: you've already reminded the class that all industry guidelines recommend a following distance of 4 secs.

And?? What's your point??
You aren't that dumb but I'll respond. I thought the scorecard went away. Some of us know it never did and the proof of the driver being suspended for 3 days in Indiana is certain proof. All those who have been called in to the office being asked " what can you do different " now are corrective action. It was only a matter of time. Oh the driver in Indiana hell be the company poster child in there next video they are rolling out except his face will be blocked. Typical FedEx PR.

Red how come you feel you always have to come to the defense of the company no matter what. What's in it for you or are you just that much of a --------

I've yet to be in any preshift that says the headway is on hold. It's business as usual here and surrounding terminals, I asked yesterday and all answered haven't heard that so why are centers that don't even have the elog say headways are on hold.
Even if it is the event is still being recorded

Here goes manager red again, no read it fine and have spoke to those who have had meetings. What part did you not get. It is temporarily stopped until they redo a contract and get more people hired to monitor. The companies credibility is long gone, what they say now does not mean it can't be put back on in the future. Again it's what they the company is willing to pay for to monitor. So take your clt redshirt approach somewhere else Mr. Angry.
Again, as you've just admitted it's all hearsay!!
It's your credibility that's gone...not that you had any...stop with the fear mongering, it's quite obvious that nobody is listening!!

Don't you have a protest/riot to attend??

I've yet to be in any preshift that says the headway is on hold. It's business as usual here and surrounding terminals, I asked yesterday and all answered haven't heard that so why are centers that don't even have the elog say headways are on hold.
Even if it is the event is still being recorded
It's in the "updated policy" that Swamp provided for the class...you know, the one he claimed has already been rolled out!!

The policy that swamp posted headway is the first thing posted so did I misread it. I'm reading 6 things that trigger a event recording

You aren't that dumb but I'll respond. I thought the scorecard went away. Some of us know it never did and the proof of the driver being suspended for 3 days in Indiana is certain proof. All those who have been called in to the office being asked " what can you do different " now are corrective action. It was only a matter of time. Oh the driver in Indiana hell be the company poster child in there next video they are rolling out except his face will be blocked. Typical FedEx PR.
The scorecard has gone away for the company but the Feds still keep a scorecard on you AND the company and there's nothing that any of us can do about that!!
So you consider "what can you do differently" corrective action?? News flash: this is the real world, you no longer get participation trophys!!
I've heard "rumors" of what he did to get a temp vacation but I wasn't there so I won't comment...and neither should you!! Just curious, do you condone the type of driving behaviors that this driver was alleged guilty of??