TForce | Pro's and Con's - Master List

Yes, and even the UPS Parcel Agreement than everyone did not like and it still got passed. Can you Imagine, all those NMFA workers and UPS Parcel workers not happy with those contracts. Try to feed them the UPSF contract.:hysterical:

I am optimistic, but I can say this, if what we are offered for INS. is it. You will see fireworks in MCH.:1036316054:

Whatha freak?

You know... something with this much significance could have been addressed don't you think?

Or at least touched upon with his / her idea as to a possible alternative...

No, it's a secret. We are paying the dues, but it's a secret.:biglaugh::biglaugh:After all they want people to show up in the AM in the North East.

No, it's a secret. We are paying the dues, but it's a secret.:biglaugh::biglaugh:After all they want people to show up in the AM in the North East.

Not only show up in the morning, but show up and vote on a contract that the CD and details are not even in their hands yet to review! Its moving too fast and we have to force them to slow down or it could be 5 years of hell for us.

Not only show up in the morning, but show up and vote on a contract that the CD and details are not even in their hands yet to review! Its moving too fast and we have to force them to slow down or it could be 5 years of hell for us.

You bet they are moving fast. It worked for Indy didn't it. :biglaugh::duh:

All of us meeting tomorrow need to address this immediately!

Upon arriving at our locals...

We all need to see if we can prolong the vote to the 6th.

Giving us all equal opportunity for continued discussions!

All of us meeting tomorrow need to address this immediately!

Upon arriving at our locals...

We all need to see if we can prolong the vote to the 6th.

Giving us all equal opportunity for continued discussions!

Why prolong? Just vote no. 1 week is not going to change how you feel. The answers you get tomorrow will be no different in a week.

pro - Full-time employees who have earned at least two (2) weeks of vacation will have the option of declaring that he/she wants to split one (1) of the available weeks of vacation into five (5) single days.

*** This is awesome! ***

Where are you from ? This year if I want I can take 25 days 1 at a time (thats 5 weeks ) next year I will only be able to take 5 days 1 at a time JUST WHAT IN THE HELL is AWESOME about that ?

con - There will be "No" opportunity for 6th. punches...

According to Article 18 - Workday and Workweek - section 2. Full-time Employees

The language reads:

Work shall be scheduled for five (5) consecutive days, Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday

Every terminal is going to have a combination of both guaranteed... They will always have at least one person working Tuesday through Saturday just to avoid paying "Overtime"

All your freight companies covered under the NMFA are Monday through Friday with Saturday being a 6th punch opportunity (paid out at time and a half - with a guaranteed 8hr)

Dang nab it... There goes some more "OT"

sneaky bstards buried it in this paragraph... I was looking for the 6th. punch opportunities too!

Where are you from ? This year if I want I can take 25 days 1 at a time (thats 5 weeks ) next year I will only be able to take 5 days 1 at a time JUST WHAT IN THE HELL is AWESOME about that ?

On the other hand, next year 2009 you won't be able to take any single vacation days with out a contract. New rule starts January 1st 2009

The language reads:

Work shall be scheduled for five (5) consecutive days, Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday

Every terminal is going to have a combination of both guaranteed... They will always have at least one person working Tuesday through Saturday just to avoid paying "Overtime"

All your freight companies covered under the NMFA are Monday through Friday with Saturday being a 6th punch opportunity (paid out at time and a half - with a guaranteed 8hr)

sneaky bstards buried it in this paragraph... I was looking for the 6th. punch opportunities too!

The management will love that, a six day work week.

Delay pay for Road Drivers is the top rate for City drivers at his domicle.....I beleive that will go up from $13 to the rate of $21 at ratification......KK

KK according to the contract you still have to give them the first half hour and up to 1 hour at meet points for lunch breaks.

The language reads:

Our terminal has always been open 6 days a week. No Saturdays, Sunday through Friday although, once in a while a few city drivers will work Saturday. Extra work

"relax"... key words here are "at least"

understand something... contracts are all about interpretation and applying the language towards whatever your trying to accomplish...

My interpretation of this language is: any vacation time above and beyond your first week... may be split into day's

How do you interpret it?

Actual it's more so: can you convince your terminal manager that this paragraph should be interpreted this way?

If he or she do not agree... then past practice sets in (sound like it's already acceptable)

If he or she still balk at allowing... that's were the grievance process sets in and a determination is obtained through the grievance machinery. :1036316054:

"relax"... key words here are "at least"

understand something... contracts are all about interpretation and applying the language towards whatever your trying to accomplish...

My interpretation of this language is: any vacation time above and beyond your first week... may be split into day's

How do you interpret it?

Actual it's more so: can you convince your terminal manager that this paragraph should be interpreted this way?

If he or she do not agree... then past practice sets in (sound like it's already acceptable)

If he or she still balk at allowing... that's were the grievance process sets in and a determination is obtained through the grievance machinery. :1036316054:

Do not forget hours too, and yes that is the ticket, making the contract work for you!!!!!!!!

I believe people like you will see that it is fair. The only problem I have with you KK is saying how great this contract is. How would you feel if Yellow said tomorrow you was going to have the exact same contract. You wouldn't be posting on here how great we have it.

Hmmmm... a nickel more per mile and no subcontracting if anyone is laid off?.....would not be hard for me to take it!.........KK