PTO

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by boomer55, Dec 3, 2016.

1. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

And your birthday off too , I'm guessing?

At a lot of locations with XPO , we could have more drivers off but it would require better management of the drivers and the work they do. This in turn would require more from management ( knowledge of customers demands and needs , knowledge of drivers habits and preferences as far time off ) instead it's easier to issue a blanket policy and call it a day.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    Songremainsthesame likes this.
  2. Songremainsthesame

Songremainsthesame Well-Known Member

Yup, 30 days to take it or they just pay you the day, and 2 personal days/year, can bank up to 6.

Management at the artist formerly known as Con-way was a conundrum. They took shortcuts and were lazy on things that could help morale/driver relations only to hammer and micromanage stuff that doesn't even matter.

3. Fly-by-night

Fly-by-night Only when you care to send the very best

Wow Doug did all that and during that time not ONE barn voted in the union. XPO changes one policy and now everyone wants to sign cards.

Bonus yes that's why I quit my last just to come here just for the bonus. It called a bonus for a reason its a bonus.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  4. Stand4afuture

Stand4afuture Well-Known Member

I had to go look in the bone Yard record's But i think someone did something before XPO even had a wet dream about buying Conway... I think Doug was around this time..I could be wrong. Tho.
    On September 12, 2014, drivers and dockworkers at Con-Way Freight in Laredo, Texas voted to join Teamsters Local 657.

trucknfool likes this.
  5. Stand4afuture

Back a little further..
    Friday, June 7, 2013
    A Little Respect

The code of ethics that Conway preaches has a double standard. Conway continuously violates its own ethics by the way they treat their employees. Management is disrespectful to the employees. For example, in California, a service center manager left a driver a vulgar message for not answering his call. Respecting one another is not something that a company that preaches ethics should have trouble doing. Unfortunately they have a lot of trouble treating their workers with respect. This is yet another reason to organize.

Did anyone know about XPO around this time??

6. Fly-by-night

Fly-by-night Only when you care to send the very best

W. Gregory Lehmkuhl pres of Con-Way freight from Sept 2011 to June 2015

7. Stand4afuture

Santa Fe Springs driverDecember 24, 2011 at 6:35 AM
    I think this a great video its like when Conway is gonna :censored: us and lie to us how they are not making money and then cook us Hot dogs and ice cream and free sodas.Give us there racing hats and tell us to keep working hard.and tell Transportation Topics and the stock holders how much Profits they made for the Quarter.Unbelivable. Oh yeah then Management all get good Bonuses.We just get the bone.

8. Stand4afuture

But yeah this movement just started..

9. dalesr

dalesr Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info on that. Somehow I think if I "brought it to my tm's attention", I'd get excuse after excuse! Not worth my time. I checked the official calendar this morning and there are no weeks left in July or august, not to mention any time around any holiday, and it hasn't come down to me yet. Don't forget, the company wants you to take your pto time. I'm starting to regret working here for the last 12 years. It was only my second driving job, could've gone several directions. Guess hindsight really is 20/20. I know, poor me!

trucknfool and icuicp like this.
  10. trucknfool

trucknfool Well-Known Member

He was one of Dougie's yes men.

11. smokin'joe

smokin'joe Well-Known Member

Also bet his career on that stoopid lean thingee.

12. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

File FMLA. Anyone sick in family that needs taking care of? File on their behalf. Learn how to play the game. Using FLMA they don't dare bother you. They will suffer very severe problems by trying that. Learn the law. What you can & cannot do. Use it wisely, but use it. von.

13. Songremainsthesame

Songremainsthesame Well-Known Member

Oh don't worry about our buddy Greg... I'm sure he landed with that golden parachute on soft ground and is doing fine...

14. trucknfool

trucknfool Well-Known Member

While you're on the subject of the LEAN thing, I seen on SEFL"S own Facebook post that they are adopting the LEAN program , Lol,Lol,Lol,Lol, Lol !!! They must have hired some of the good for nothing's to start counting paper clips!!! Lol, Lol Lol!!!

15. Serene Gene

Serene Gene Well-Known Member

I probably wouldn't suggest FMLA fraud as a solution to get the PTO days you want.

16. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

It's not fraud. If they would give you the time when you needed the time you wouldn't have to go to such lengths to get the time when you need it. If it takes some paperwork to make it happen. Then so be it. FMLA requires a doctor to sign off on it. So it's really just an elaborate doctor note.

17. Serene Gene

Serene Gene Well-Known Member

We can debate whether or not it's justifiable, but it IS fraud. FMLA has a specific list of things that it can cover- it's not just a way for you to use the federal government to force your employer to give you a specific day off.

DSR86, pltjack and Fly-by-night like this.
  18. highspeeds

But the whole reason FMLA exists is because employers were forcing their employees to work instead of get medical care for themselves and families. So, if you have a legitimate reason for FMLA and choose to use it, good for you. And if it gets you 23 Fridays off in a row. Hey, the system worked in your favor this time. One driver don't change much. A few hundred don't change much. What are we 400 drivers short most nights ? And corporate don't care. So what's the difference ? Let line haul take care of the freight. You take care of yourself and your family.

Songremainsthesame and dalesr like this.
  19. anosyone

anosyone Member

And because of liars using it because they want a day off the new owners have said if one uses it all when they come back they are fired. It's fraud through and through to use it for any other purpose than what it's for.

20. highspeeds

You're confusing short term disability and FMLA.

You never run out of FMLA. It's doctor approved.

You can run out of short term disability. Gotta make sure you come back for at least light duty. Show yourself on the payroll.

I'm not a lawyer or an expert. I don't understand why there is a difference. But there is.