XPO | PTO

It's amazing how perspectives can change... at OD there's no worry about how many guys can get what week of vacation, we don't even bid on it. You fill out a request and it gets approved or not and I haven't ever been denied a vacation request, prime summer weeks and all. Somehow the freight gets moved and I take off when I want.
And your birthday off too , I'm guessing?

At a lot of locations with XPO , we could have more drivers off but it would require better management of the drivers and the work they do. This in turn would require more from management ( knowledge of customers demands and needs , knowledge of drivers habits and preferences as far time off ) instead it's easier to issue a blanket policy and call it a day.

Last edited:
And your birthday off too , I'm guessing?

At a lot of locations with XPO , we could have more drivers off but it would require better management of the drivers and the work they do. This in turn would require more from management ( knowledge of customers demands and needs , knowledge of drivers habits and preferences as far time off ) instead it's easier to issue a blanket policy and call it a day.

Yup, 30 days to take it or they just pay you the day, and 2 personal days/year, can bank up to 6.

Management at the artist formerly known as Con-way was a conundrum. They took shortcuts and were lazy on things that could help morale/driver relations only to hammer and micromanage stuff that doesn't even matter.

It's funny you keep saying Conway is dead and to look in the bone yard. I did look in bone yard i didn't see any of the upper management or Head HR in there. But i still see them running this company the way Doug made his money. Just because they changed the name of the dog doesn't mean it's not a dog. Even in the last meeting they said we ****ed up we should have stayed with the old customers. And were going to try to get them back. But guess what. If the worker's aren't there to support the business that 3 billion dollar credit will tumble like a house of cards. Maybe you don't realize but upper management got their bonuses before the holidays. How was yours??
You guys need to remember that it was under Dougie's regime that you had your vacation converted to PTO , automatically loosing a week right off the top. It was under Dougie's regime that you lost your pension. I believe that it was under Dougie's regime that you started paying or at least a lot more towards your health care. Give him the credit he deserves!!!!

Wow Doug did all that and during that time not ONE barn voted in the union. XPO changes one policy and now everyone wants to sign cards.

Bonus yes that's why I quit my last just to come here just for the bonus. It called a bonus for a reason its a bonus.

Last edited:
Wow Doug did all that and during that time not ONE barn voted in the union. XPO changes one policy and now everyone wants to sign cards.
I had to go look in the bone Yard record's But i think someone did something before XPO even had a wet dream about buying Conway... I think Doug was around this time..I could be wrong. Tho.
On September 12, 2014, drivers and dockworkers at Con-Way Freight in Laredo, Texas voted to join Teamsters Local 657.

Back a little further..
Friday, June 7, 2013
A Little Respect

The code of ethics that Conway preaches has a double standard. Conway continuously violates its own ethics by the way they treat their employees. Management is disrespectful to the employees. For example, in California, a service center manager left a driver a vulgar message for not answering his call. Respecting one another is not something that a company that preaches ethics should have trouble doing. Unfortunately they have a lot of trouble treating their workers with respect. This is yet another reason to organize.

Did anyone know about XPO around this time??

I had to go look in the bone Yard record's But i think someone did something before XPO even had a wet dream about buying Conway... I think Doug was around this time..I could be wrong. Tho.
On September 12, 2014, drivers and dockworkers at Con-Way Freight in Laredo, Texas voted to join Teamsters Local 657.

W. Gregory Lehmkuhl pres of Con-Way freight from Sept 2011 to June 2015

W. Gregory Lehmkuhl pres of Con-Way freight from Sept 2011 to June 2015
Santa Fe Springs driverDecember 24, 2011 at 6:35 AM
I think this a great video its like when Conway is gonna **** us and lie to us how they are not making money and then cook us Hot dogs and ice cream and free sodas.Give us there racing hats and tell us to keep working hard.and tell Transportation Topics and the stock holders how much Profits they made for the Quarter.Unbelivable. Oh yeah then Management all get good Bonuses.We just get the bone.

It is suppose to be 10 percent of the TOTAL number of drivers. And they are NOT suppose to split that total between city or linehaul. 30 drivers -3 off; 50 drivers -5 off.
Anything other than that is only limited by end of quarter limitations. And possibly some other historically busy days that may be more specific at your barn.
Thanks for the info on that. Somehow I think if I "brought it to my tm's attention", I'd get excuse after excuse! Not worth my time. I checked the official calendar this morning and there are no weeks left in July or august, not to mention any time around any holiday, and it hasn't come down to me yet. Don't forget, the company wants you to take your pto time. I'm starting to regret working here for the last 12 years. It was only my second driving job, could've gone several directions. Guess hindsight really is 20/20. I know, poor me!

File FMLA. Anyone sick in family that needs taking care of? File on their behalf. Learn how to play the game. Using FLMA they don't dare bother you. They will suffer very severe problems by trying that. Learn the law. What you can & cannot do. Use it wisely, but use it. von.

Oh don't worry about our buddy Greg... I'm sure he landed with that golden parachute on soft ground and is doing fine...
While you're on the subject of the LEAN thing, I seen on SEFL"S own Facebook post that they are adopting the LEAN program , Lol,Lol,Lol,Lol, Lol !!! They must have hired some of the good for nothing's to start counting paper clips!!! Lol, Lol Lol!!!

I probably wouldn't suggest FMLA fraud as a solution to get the PTO days you want.

It's not fraud. If they would give you the time when you needed the time you wouldn't have to go to such lengths to get the time when you need it. If it takes some paperwork to make it happen. Then so be it. FMLA requires a doctor to sign off on it. So it's really just an elaborate doctor note.

It's not fraud. If they would give you the time when you needed the time you wouldn't have to go to such lengths to get the time when you need it.

We can debate whether or not it's justifiable, but it IS fraud. FMLA has a specific list of things that it can cover- it's not just a way for you to use the federal government to force your employer to give you a specific day off.

We can debate whether or not it's justifiable, but it IS fraud. FMLA has a specific list of things that it can cover- it's not just a way for you to use the federal government to force your employer to give you a specific day off.

But the whole reason FMLA exists is because employers were forcing their employees to work instead of get medical care for themselves and families. So, if you have a legitimate reason for FMLA and choose to use it, good for you. And if it gets you 23 Fridays off in a row. Hey, the system worked in your favor this time. One driver don't change much. A few hundred don't change much. What are we 400 drivers short most nights ? And corporate don't care. So what's the difference ? Let line haul take care of the freight. You take care of yourself and your family.

But the whole reason FMLA exists is because employers were forcing their employees to work instead of get medical care for themselves and families. So, if you have a legitimate reason for FMLA and choose to use it, good for you. And if it gets you 23 Fridays off in a row. Hey, the system worked in your favor this time. One driver don't change much. A few hundred don't change much. What are we 400 drivers short most nights ? And corporate don't care. So what's the difference ? Let line haul take care of the freight. You take care of yourself and your family.

And because of liars using it because they want a day off the new owners have said if one uses it all when they come back they are fired. It's fraud through and through to use it for any other purpose than what it's for.

And because of liars using it because they want a day off the new owners have said if one uses it all when they come back they are fired. It's fraud through and through to use it for any other purpose than what it's for.

You're confusing short term disability and FMLA.

You never run out of FMLA. It's doctor approved.

You can run out of short term disability. Gotta make sure you come back for at least light duty. Show yourself on the payroll.

I'm not a lawyer or an expert. I don't understand why there is a difference. But there is.