XPO | PTO

You can still get the retirement payday- the only things that will cost you PTO time are quitting and getting fired.

I went over this thoroughly with personnel and was clearly told that time rolled after 2017 would be lost...taken....stolen... defaulted...whatever you want to call for any reason of separation, specifically folks readying retirement. The action of banking multiple weeks before retirement was one of the main things they want to end. If you have banked time, it must be taken before retirement date. Not arguing, this is just what I was told.

What do you mean floating holiday?

We got one "floating" holiday. So you got New Year's, Fourth of July, etc. holidays, and then also you could pick one day and use it as a floating holiday. It was for people who had holidays that weren't official government holidays but for most people it was just another free PTO day.

We got one "floating" holiday. So you got New Year's, Fourth of July, etc. holidays, and then also you could pick one day and use it as a floating holiday. It was for people who had holidays that weren't official government holidays but for most people it was just another free PTO day.
I would say man I wish I'd gotten a floating holiday each year....oh wait there I go ranting again:crybaby:

Do you work for XPO freight? I understand a floating holiday.... but we haven't had those in years... we get 8 paid holidays and depending on years of service on how much P.T.O. you accrue...

I think they just don't want the financial liability if people banking hundreds of hours for years and years waiting on a retirement payday. Just positioning us to have to take what we earn yearly or lose it.

They simply changed a Con-way policy to a XPO policy. We are now on equal footing with the rest of our coworkers here at our new employer.

You think this is bad there are companies that are use or lose and if you quit or get fired don't have to pay you a dime of you vacation time.

And they aren't skipping out on paying you what you have earned this calendar year. Only what you have banked from previous years. Whatever you earned and not used the year you leave will still be paid to you.

They simply changed a Con-way policy to a XPO policy. We are now on equal footing with the rest of our coworkers here at our new employer.
Yep..we are equal, not so much that I'll get 7 weeks after 25 and my new coworker will get 5 after 15 max. Sounds good to me.

Yep..we are equal, not so much that I'll get 7 weeks after 25 and my new coworker will get 5 after 15 max. Sounds good to me.

So now you are complaining that they are honoring what we were given by Con-way ? Everyone moving forward will be on the same page. What exactly is your complaint ?

So now you are complaining that they are honoring what we were given by Con-way ? Everyone moving forward will be on the same page. What exactly is your complaint ?
I didn't complain about anything. I just responded to your quote about our new equality.

I know the free market and that's where it's going but we are fools to let it happen .

And how did that resistance to change work out in 1980? That's a lot of fools that let the free market just happen to them- why couldn't they stop it then?

If left to the free market the outcome will be people doing this for nothing and the safety of are roadways will become unbearable.

That must be why we still make decent money and truck safety has improved leaps and bounds over the last few decades. Has our pay kept up with inflation? No, but that's also not just our industry.

Around my barn with my lower level of seniority it is impossible for me to use all of my PTO time. We have around 200 drivers and for the past 6 months or so they have only been allowing 5-7 maybe 8 at most off on any given day, they claim this is due to the high number of people on "light duty" but no one believes that line!

No big deal- anything you earn this year goes into a separate bank that will not expire.

I don't have much choice but to let my PTO build up since us bottom feeders aren't able to schedule any

So looking forward to next year, there are no days that you can take off in 2017? For the whole year? I find that hard to believe.