FedEx Freight | purple koolaid drinkers

I remember when that bonus was paid every quarter at that amount. Now to answer that question about the union giving a $600 bonus. I would imagine that the company bonus would be negotiated in the contract to remain intact.

Explain how it is in your words "Free Money". Wasn't it received for doing a job that went above and beyond expectation, doing the job better than most?
In FREE money, I was referring to our company pension....the same pension that some call "crappy" because they haven't took the time to understand how it works. The just read their statement when it comes in the mail and complain!

I remember when that bonus was paid every quarter at that amount. Now to answer that question about the union giving a $600 bonus. I would imagine that the company bonus would be negotiated in the contract to remain intact.
Which means you wouldn't receive that bonus until a contract was ratified......correct?

In FREE money, I was referring to our company pension....the same pension that some call "crappy" because they haven't took the time to understand how it works. The just read their statement when it comes in the mail and complain!
Again how is it "Free" It's earned as part of the employment agreement.

Nothing funny bout it's extra money, what I think this year was 600+/- makes some nice vacation money. You think the union is going to give you an extra 600$ NOT.
Well, let's see. That $600 equates to LESS than 29 cents/hr., and would be more that exceeded by ANY gain from representation. If you only worked 40 hours per week, that bonus is equal to 29 cents an hour, but since we ALL work more than that, it's actually considerably less.

Well, let's see. That $600 equates to LESS than 29 cents/hr., and would be more that exceeded by ANY gain from representation. If you only worked 40 hours per week, that bonus is equal to 29 cents an hour, but since we ALL work more than that, it's actually considerably less.

Is that $600 gross or net?

Incorrect.
Wait a minute.....you said "I would imagine that the company bonus would be negotiated in the contract to remain intact."
My response was....."Which means you wouldn't receive that bonus until a contract was ratified......correct?" to which you answered "incorrect."

Please explain to us/me how you plan to RECEIVE something that you "imagined" must be negotiated upon BEFORE it is negotiated upon?

Are you sure you are in a position to be negotiating wages and benefits if the term free money slips past ya?

Lmao if you and your special friends get all excited over a 30 dollar bonus, your just the type of no ambition person the company loves to see. We all should vote you purple man of the year.

Wait a minute.....you said "I would imagine that the company bonus would be negotiated in the contract to remain intact."
My response was....."Which means you wouldn't receive that bonus until a contract was ratified......correct?" to which you answered "incorrect."

Please explain to us/me how you plan to RECEIVE something that you "imagined" must be negotiated upon BEFORE it is negotiated upon?

I was responding to citydog where he stated "You think the union is going to give you an extra 600$ NOT." I "imagined" being the operative word because if I had said it would be in the contract someone would have responded "can the union guarantee that"? I would assume that the yearly bonus would be included into a contract as part of negotiated benefits. Whether it stays or gets lost in a final contract is yet to be seen.

I am sure you are aware of this but here it is again.

Pay and benefits are frozen from being reduced in retaliation as a result of forming a union once you petition. Increases in pay or benefits are shared with terminals that voted yes and no along with terminals waiting to vote or have no union activity. A terminal that is negotiating a contract will still receive "promised increases". Our annual cost of living in October and the July bonus would fall under that umbrella. Not sharing the increases would result in ULP's being filed against FedEx. Not saying FedEx would try to withhold it but one could foresee them doing it to thumb their nose temporarily until the NLRB ruled on it.

Lmao if you and your special friends get all excited over a 30 dollar bonus, your just the type of no ambition person the company loves to see. We all should vote you purple man of the year.

I see. We (my friends and I) are considered "special" now. Just days ago we were being welcomed as part of the group as long as we "voted" accordingly.

Vote me what ever color you wish...the lion doesn't seek approval of the sheep.

I was responding to citydog where he stated "You think the union is going to give you an extra 600$ NOT." I "imagined" being the operative word because if I had said it would be in the contract someone would have responded "can the union guarantee that"? I would assume that the yearly bonus would be included into a contract as part of negotiated benefits. Whether it stays or gets lost in a final contract is yet to be seen.

I am sure you are aware of this but here it is again.

Pay and benefits are frozen from being reduced in retaliation as a result of forming a union once you petition. Increases in pay or benefits are shared with terminals that voted yes and no along with terminals waiting to vote or have no union activity. A terminal that is negotiating a contract will still receive "promised increases". Our annual cost of living in October and the July bonus would fall under that umbrella. Not sharing the increases would result in ULP's being filed against FedEx. Not saying FedEx would try to withhold it but one could foresee them doing it to thumb their nose temporarily until the NLRB ruled on it.
I wasn't aware that any bonus, wage increase, or increased bennies were "promised increases"! I was under the impression that no one is "promised" anything, including the above mention items, but rather awarded these things. I wasn't aware of any laws, federal or state, that says any company MUST provide an increase to anything, including bonuses, wages, or bennies!

I'm pretty sure you thoughts are inaccurate.
Any increases "given" to any center that has voted no, pulled their petition, or has no activity at all is NOT shared with those centers that have voted yes. Those centers that have voted yes are under contract negotiations, therefor, ANY increases must be agreed upon by the union first BEFORE they can be given...which is highly unlikely due to the fact that the union is trying to negotiate a better deal and the FACT that in doing such would give the appearance that the union is weak....just another one of the many reasons I feel they'll never get a contract.
Also, anything agreed upon in contract negotiations with the company and the union is NOT applied to those centers that have voted no, pulled their petitions, or have no activity at all unless the company "awards" those things negotiated to those centers....again, just another one of the many reasons I feel they'll never get a contract.
The union isn't negotiating for EVERY center, just those that have voted yes AND each individual center is negotiating their own contract. What is agreed upon in CLT may or may not apply in say East Philly, they have to negotiate their own contract in a sense. Ask anyone who works for YRC, ABF, etc..., they'll tell you there are variances in their contracts depending on their locations.

My union pension is $405.60 per 40 hours per week, that adds up to $21,091 per year. Without getting into a pissing contest can you please tell me what fedex contributes per year....

I'm pretty sure you thoughts are inaccurate.
Any increases "given" to any center that has voted no, pulled their petition, or has no activity at all is NOT shared with those centers that have voted yes. Those centers that have voted yes are under contract negotiations, therefor, ANY increases must be agreed upon by the union first BEFORE they can be given...which is highly unlikely due to the fact that the union is trying to negotiate a better deal and the FACT that in doing such would give the appearance that the union is weak....just another one of the many reasons I feel they'll never get a contract.
Also, anything agreed upon in contract negotiations with the company and the union is NOT applied to those centers that have voted no, pulled their petitions, or have no activity at all unless the company "awards" those things negotiated to those centers....again, just another one of the many reasons I feel they'll never get a contract.
The union isn't negotiating for EVERY center, just those that have voted yes AND each individual center is negotiating their own contract. What is agreed upon in CLT may or may not apply in say East Philly, they have to negotiate their own contract in a sense. Ask anyone who works for YRC, ABF, etc..., they'll tell you there are variances in their contracts depending on their locations.
True, supplements are different in each region....

My union pension is $405.60 per 40 hours per week, that adds up to $21,091 per year. Without getting into a pissing contest can you please tell me what fedex contributes per year....
Well, let's see....
Biggest run from my yard makes $1800 a week. 55 to 60 hours a week. Junior man on the run has 23 years and is in his fifties, so I believe according to the formula, they contribute 7% of his pay to his pension, a whopping $119 per week.