TForce | Raise Q #2

Sir u r very miss informed, Ken didn't even meet with us in Indy until Sept. 23 so why r u telling people things, that u don't know to b true..Why don't u wait and let the contract b taken care of b 4 u start saying thing u don't know about .I'm the one that started all this in Indy ,I do know what I'm talking about ,thanks:duh:
UPS Freight: One Company, One Union
Union to Kick Off UPS Freight Negotiations
On September 6, the Teamsters will begin negotiations with UPS Freight on behalf of 125 workers who are now members of Local 135 in Indianapolis 10/13
Teamsters, UPS Freight Continue Contract Negotiations

Sure I would like this done....yesterday, but this is also our future we are negotiating!! I'm not in a hurry to have a sub-par contract. Do it once and do it right!!

So what is going on at Indy?
No one in and around my terminal in upstate New York seems to have any information on any raises?
I was also woundering if UPS Freight is still going to drop off another hour for overtime (42 hrs.)starting in 2007?

The barganing talks started Sept.6th,this coming Wenesday will be three months into the formation of Indys custom UPS Freight contract.
I don't mean to be pushy, but does anyone know anything so far?

APO time will tell. :hysterical:

Sir u r very miss informed, Ken didn't even meet with us in Indy until Sept. 23 so why r u telling people things, that u don't know to b true..Why don't u wait and let the contract b taken care of b 4 u start saying thing u don't know about .I'm the one that started all this in Indy ,I do know what I'm talking about ,thanks:duh:

So APO is off a few days big deal. I would trust what he has to say before what you have to say about it.

You guys are going to get just what UPS wants you to have. Not a penny more. They own the union. So you will find out what you will get when we find out what the majority of the nonunion get.:duh:

I am under the firm belief that this company is on the need to know basis. The TM is throwing his 2 bits in like everyone that mentions rumors here and in the workplace. Hogwash until you see it in place.

Thats a true story hugnlug.
My TM told me that every bit of company news was to come through him,on a need to know basis.
This was his answer to me when I asked about one of the UPS Freight higher ups coming to our terminal to inform us about the thrid quarter results.
Also give us the news of our new benefit program,as well as the yearly pay raise we've grown used to receiving at this meeting.

We saw our benefits come in the mail,also heard nothing of a pay increase.
Or if UPS is going to honor Overnites commitment of knocking off one more hour per week for overtime pay.
Making it after 42 hours instead of the 43 we've been working now.

My TM does have morning meetings more often than the monthly safety meetings we were having.
We learn a little news,here,and there of how UPS is changing the way we are used to doing things.
Yup this is need to know all right,from who knows who?
The old Overnite management?
Or UPS upper management, seeing whats going to work to tighten up the UPS Freight operation.

But I guess whoever is sending the new ways to us is something we don't really need to know?

Thats a true story hugnlug.
My TM told me that every bit of company news was to come through him,on a need to know basis.
This was his answer to me when I asked about one of the UPS Freight higher ups coming to our terminal to inform us about the thrid quarter results.
Also give us the news of our new benefit program,as well as the yearly pay raise we've grown used to receiving at this meeting.

We saw our benefits come in the mail,also heard nothing of a pay increase.
Or if UPS is going to honor Overnites commitment of knocking off one more hour per week for overtime pay.
Making it after 42 hours instead of the 43 we've been working now.

My TM does have morning meetings more often than the monthly safety meetings we were having.
We learn a little news,here,and there of how UPS is changing the way we are used to doing things.
Yup this is need to know all right,from who knows who?
The old Overnite management?
Or UPS upper management, seeing whats going to work to tighten up the UPS Freight operation.

But I guess whoever is sending the new ways to us is something we don't really need to know?

I'm predicting we will hear something about a pay raise some time this month. Just remember where you heard it first.

However, If we don't hear anything this month about a pay raise forget where you heard it first. :funky:

I'm predicting we will hear something about a pay raise some time this month. Just remember where you heard it first.

However, If we don't hear anything this month about a pay raise forget where you heard it first. :funky:

I will add to your prediction and say....if we don't hear anything this month, we will hear something in January

If we don't hear anything in Jan, we will hear something in Feb.

If we dont hear anything in Feb, we will hear something in March....

Wow,this is fun...we could do this till next raise time.:hysterical: :hysterical:

I will add to your prediction and say....if we don't hear anything this month, we will hear something in January

If we don't hear anything in Jan, we will hear something in Feb.

If we dont hear anything in Feb, we will hear something in March....

Wow,this is fun...we could do this till next raise time.:hysterical: :hysterical:

I'm glad to see you got it...:smilie_132:

We had our bid meeting in NBR today. Northeast Regional Manager was there. So we asked if we were getting a raise. "He stated definately." He said upper management is looking at the numbers and we should here something soon. He said they were trying to get it out Dec 1st. But as we know that didn't happen.

We had our bid meeting in NBR today. Northeast Regional Manager was there. So we asked if we were getting a raise. "He stated definately." He said upper management is looking at the numbers and we should here something soon. He said they were trying to get it out Dec 1st. But as we know that didn't happen.

There are alot of things not happening...

Well no offense of coarse ,but you can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one get's filled first...:hysterical: :hysterical:

Well no offense of coarse ,but you can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one get's filled first...:hysterical: :hysterical:

You smart a$$. I'm just relaying info. Your definately get a bad rep for this one j/k. As we know everything you here at Little Brown you have to take with a grain of salt. But it would definately be hard to be believe we wouldn't be getting a raise this year. If we get a raise I'll give you my address for the nice Christmas present your going to buy me.:hysterical:

Come on Acc you know we will get a raise. It might not be what we want but we WILL get one. I can't imagine UPS not giving us one at this point.

When even at our lowest point with the union battles over the years we always got a raise. So I just don't see UPS not carrying on with it.

Come on Acc you know we will get a raise. It might not be what we want but we WILL get one. I can't imagine UPS not giving us one at this point.

When even at our lowest point with the union battles over the years we always got a raise. So I just don't see UPS not carrying on with it.

0.50 per hour, 1.25 cpm, 3 paid sick days short term after three days. Buy back 3 days if not used at full hourly rate. Still have one personal floater and safety bonus.

****note****

NOT 3 sick days pay.

3 Personal days paid at 8 hours pay or sold back to UPS Freight at 8 hours pay the end of the year if you don't use them.

There is no wainting period for an injury on std.

There is a 4 day waiting period for sickness on std.

(std is short term disibility, not sexualy transmited desease.)

Are you saying we can use these days like extra vacation days?
Are they simular to the one floating day we've had the last few years?

If they'er called sick days wouldn't we have to use them for sickness?

I know it was such a hassel getting paid sick days before,I used the rest of my vacation days to get my heart artery stent put in,2 months ago.

This seems like its a good deal,what do the rest of you think?