TForce | Raise Q #2

Before you guys get all happy with the raise, please check out the thread I posted under 2007 raise. Just food for thought.

Hugnlug you are so negative. If they gave us 3 cents you would cry about that. Be happy you got something ,there are plenty of jobs that aren't getting anything or they are shutting down and here you are whining about getting what you got! Don't like it! Why don't you just leave!

Hugnlug you are so negative. If they gave us 3 cents you would cry about that. Be happy you got something ,there are plenty of jobs that aren't getting anything or they are shutting down and here you are whining about getting what you got! Don't like it! Why don't you just leave!

I'm not negative, I'm a realist. Sorry you don't like the truth, but before you go off on a tizzy check out my post on 2007 raise. If you have any grey matter upstairs, you might figure it out. Oh, by the way I'm not whinning, I'm reporting my findings. Go IBT!!! :tongue0015:

Walmart's looking for you.:hysterical:

I'm not negative, I'm a realist. Sorry you don't like the truth, but before you go off on a tizzy check out my post on 2007 raise. If you have any grey matter upstairs, you might figure it out. Oh, by the way I'm not whinning, I'm reporting my findings. Go IBT!!! :tongue0015:

I believe not all terminals will go for the union. Just a very few will. If we like what UPS gives us then there is no need. That is the way I see it. I really don't think if a couple terminals go union UPS we want all or none. So it's going to be interesting.

But those that want the union so bad may get it. But if UPS gives us a package that is very close or even better I don't need the teamsters. It's up to UPS.

TIME WILL TELL!

I believe not all terminals will go for the union. Just a very few will. If we like what UPS gives us then there is no need. That is the way I see it. I really don't think if a couple terminals go union UPS we want all or none. So it's going to be interesting.

But those that want the union so bad may get it. But if UPS gives us a package that is very close or even better I don't need the teamsters. It's up to UPS.

TIME WILL TELL!

Skeeter the only thing I see that UPSF has givin, is a headache.. Central can't dispatch a roll of toilet paper to a bathroom without messin up:hysterical: .. For the last 2 weeks if the better half was dispatched by central he knew it wouldn't even be in the yard when he got there.. and today they gave his bid run away, he had to wait for 2 hrs for another load, he took a single to Newark to take local to Oakland to take another load to Sac, then from Sac to Medford, Or. that's a total of 586 miles,,His normal bidrun is Fresno to Sac to Medford, Or. And Central told him he had plenty of driving time at the avg of 55 MPH...I think somewhere over I-5 out of Redding , Weed, Dunsmir, all in Ca. and that small one in Or. I think its what 7% grade over Mnt Ashland for 8 miles I'd like to see any loaded set pull at 55MPH... Besides he's total working time was 17hrs with over 14 hrs of it driving time.:nono: Ooooh and they switched him out of trucks twice in 1 yard, both not having up to date permits for Or. And if he hadn't checked the permits they would have never known. And 1 truck the driver door didn't even open, he would have had to use the passager side.:ranting2: Both were old Overnight trucks. They told him to stop and BUY the permits when he got to Or...he carries about $10.00 in cash with him. and there is NOWAY he would ever even think about using a card for that. Hell he's still fighting a FIXIT ticket he got back in AUG. they never signed off and he was charged for, It was on a congear so that is 1 point against his DL. Hmmmm. He called his old TM in Or. and he went down to DMV and bought the permit for the damn old OVERNIGHT truck.. something a Damn old OVERNIGHT department should have done in the 1st place. As long as its in the System that permits are bought, he can go in with no problem if he were to get pulled into the scales and checked. Maybe what they should give out for a Christmas Bonus is a bottle of Aspirin.

NOT 3 sick days pay.

3 Personal days paid at 8 hours pay or sold back to UPS Freight at 8 hours pay the end of the year if you don't use them.

There is no wainting period for an injury on std.

There is a 4 day waiting period for sickness on std.

(std is short term disibility, not sexualy transmited desease.)

Its to bad we could not get this in writing. I did ask,but it had to be read to me. The term. manager explained it this way to me.
3 eight hour paid sick days to use any way you want,short term kicks in after the three were used up. If not used up they will pay full rate 24 hours back at the end of the year. I asked, What about the 1 personal floater we have now? And I was told that we still have the 1 floating personal day. Now if my math is correct 3 + 1=????4 So does this mean we have 4 extra paid days to use as we wish? Or do we have 3 paid sick days and 1 paid perconal floater day? IM CONFUSED!!! What is the sick pay policy?

Its to bad we could not get this in writing. I did ask,but it had to be read to me. The term. manager explained it this way to me.
3 eight hour paid sick days to use any way you want,short term kicks in after the three were used up. If not used up they will pay full rate 24 hours back at the end of the year. I asked, What about the 1 personal floater we have now? And I was told that we still have the 1 floating personal day. Now if my math is correct 3 + 1=????4 So does this mean we have 4 extra paid days to use as we wish? Or do we have 3 paid sick days and 1 paid perconal floater day? IM CONFUSED!!! What is the sick pay policy?
My TM explained it that we really get 4 days. He called them personal days. You can basically use the days anyway you want. If you do not use them, then you get paid at the end of the year at 8 hours per day. It is better than $50 and I get to use the days for my grand kids activities.

My TM explained it that we really get 4 days. He called them personal days. You can basically use the days anyway you want. If you do not use them, then you get paid at the end of the year at 8 hours per day. It is better than $50 and I get to use the days for my grand kids activities.

Yes this is how I understood it. But how does the sick pay come into play? Or is that it? once the 4 days are used up you are out sick with no pay and when does short term dis. come into play?

Yes this is how I understood it. But how does the sick pay come into play? Or is that it? once the 4 days are used up you are out sick with no pay and when does short term dis. come into play?
That is the way I understood it and asked the TM the same question. After you use the 4 days, then if you are sick, no pay. Short term starts on the first day of an injury and on the fourth day of illness, but goes back to the first day. My TM explained that if I had surgery for something that was not an injury, and was out for 5 days with the doctor's documentation that I could not work, then I would get paid for the 5 days. If I was out 3 days or less no pay. Basically they took the 5 sick days, made them 3 personal days and we get paid 8 hours instead of $50. if we do not use them. If you are out sick one day, you can use that day and get paid 8 hours. Hopes this helps, it took the TM about 30 minutes to expalin to me.:duh:

That is the way I understood it and asked the TM the same question. After you use the 4 days, then if you are sick, no pay. Short term starts on the first day of an injury and on the fourth day of illness, but goes back to the first day. My TM explained that if I had surgery for something that was not an injury, and was out for 5 days with the doctor's documentation that I could not work, then I would get paid for the 5 days. If I was out 3 days or less no pay. Basically they took the 5 sick days, made them 3 personal days and we get paid 8 hours instead of $50. if we do not use them. If you are out sick one day, you can use that day and get paid 8 hours. Hopes this helps, it took the TM about 30 minutes to expalin to me.:duh:

Ok Thanks, This is how I understood it all too! But I got a feeling we are going to hear alot more versions on how people interpret this new policy.

Myself I missed our meeting.
I had an appoinment delivery.
What I got from my co-workers after I clocked out last night was its like getting another paid vacation week short one day.
But they'er not going to let you take those days off with your other vacation.
My TM says he doesn't want to call them personal days,but sick days.
If we'er sick we get to use them if not we get paid for not using them at the end of the year.

Now I wounder is this like every other policy set by management.
That the local terminal managers interpits just a little different than what the orginal plan started out being?
Why can't someone in benefits make a video spelling out all the details.
Than nothing is left to the imagination of the local terminal managers.

Cut,and dry letting the whole company know what the score is right up front.

Now don't give me a come back that you are looking for the team of horses,to come to make everything better for us.

Myself I missed our meeting.
I had an appoinment delivery.
What I got from my co-workers after I clocked out last night was its like getting another paid vacation week short one day.
But they'er not going to let you take those days off with your other vacation.
My TM says he doesn't want to call them personal days,but sick days.
If we'er sick we get to use them if not we get paid for not using them at the end of the year.

Now I wounder is this like every other policy set by management.
That the local terminal managers interpits just a little different than what the orginal plan started out being?
Why can't someone in benefits make a video spelling out all the details.
Than nothing is left to the imagination of the local terminal managers.

Cut,and dry letting the whole company know what the score is right up front.

Now don't give me a come back that you are looking for the team of horses,to come to make everything better for us.

Plus it seems that every manager has his or her on interpretation of how to work the sick leave at their terminal.

I think some will use it strictly for sick leave and other might let you use it for personal time off.

I think you are right AP we should have a company wide video explaining the exact policy.

Your exactly right Skeeter,I heard my TM explaning to another driver that he didn't want to reffer to these days as anything more than sick days.
When I heard that,I thought to myself,oh boy here we go.
A sweet deal just turned sour.

You smart a$$. I'm just relaying info. Your definately get a bad rep for this one j/k. As we know everything you here at Little Brown you have to take with a grain of salt. But it would definately be hard to be believe we wouldn't be getting a raise this year. If we get a raise I'll give you my address for the nice Christmas present your going to buy me.:hysterical:

OKAY I stand corrected, and yes I said "no offense " it was actually a jovial statement , I am sorry for being an A$$. AND BESIDES LET ME TAKE MY $.50 AND MULTIPLY THAT BY 40|HRS.|WEEK. AND I WILL GET YOU A PRESENT TO SHOW JUST HOW MUCH OF A GOOD SPORT THAT I AM.

Come on Acc you know we will get a raise. It might not be what we want but we WILL get one. I can't imagine UPS not giving us one at this point.

When even at our lowest point with the union battles over the years we always got a raise. So I just don't see UPS not carrying on with it.

Ditto,,,,,,,:funky:I am not doubting what you are saying I was just making a jovial statement. Would you like a present too?

Your exactly right Skeeter,I heard my TM explaning to another driver that he didn't want to reffer to these days as anything more than sick days.
When I heard that,I thought to myself,oh boy here we go.
A sweet deal just turned sour.

Apo, 3 personal and 1 floater = 4 full paydays.
UPS refers to them as personal too.