XPO | Raise

Agree, but they are also setting up for the elogs. The ones that make you run legal, make sure you get a lunch break, and keep up with how many times you are run outta hours and have to be picked up. Yup, the ones they will not install until they are forced to cause it'll mess up part of their happy little system.
Conway is lobbying for it. I dont remember what newspaper it was in but I new a couple of years ago they were. The president was in there as being quoted as saying how it would be a good thing for the industry.

Conway is lobbying for it. I dont remember what newspaper it was in but I new a couple of years ago they were. The president was in there as being quoted as saying how it would be a good thing for the industry.

Then it seems they would already be installed. I remember them saying in a "town hall" they were gonna wait until it was mandated. I think it would be great to have now.

I believe he said it would be an advantage for con-way. To limit other carriers running two books or no books at all. Just getting around everything. It would increase con-way's freight load if everyone had to play by the same rules.

The race to the bottom continues. New Century just locked its gates. Not a huge player. But they were in the game for a good while.

Tell me, if any of you honestly feel good about your careers right now.

At least our checks ain't bounced. Yet.

I believe he said it would be an advantage for con-way. To limit other carriers running two books or no books at all. Just getting around everything. It would increase con-way's freight load if everyone had to play by the same rules.

The race to the bottom continues. New Century just locked its gates. Not a huge player. But they were in the game for a good while.

Tell me, if any of you honestly feel good about your careers right now.

At least our checks ain't bounced. Yet.[/QUOTE

KEEP IN MIND IF THEY DO BOUNCE ! EVERYONE WILL BE TWO WEEKS BEHIND; JUST SAYIN!!!!!!
]

Then it seems they would already be installed. I remember them saying in a "town hall" they were gonna wait until it was mandated. I think it would be great to have now.
Conway doesn't want to put it in thier trucks untill they absolutely have to. What does one of those things cost to bye and then operate. Conway is one of the biggest in the business. Once they are mandated alot of smaller and weaker companies that cant afford it will have to shut the doors cause the cant run. Less competition meeans Conway wont feel a thing when they install them. Using our own government to put people out of work.

Conway doesn't want to put it in thier trucks untill they absolutely have to. What does one of those things cost to bye and then operate. Conway is one of the biggest in the business. Once they are mandated alot of smaller and weaker companies that cant afford it will have to shut the doors cause the cant run. Less competition meeans Conway wont feel a thing when they install them. Using our own government to put people out of work.

Co$t is an issue, but it would also make dispatch behave and that would co$t $$$ too.

Co$t is an issue, but it would also make dispatch behave and that would co$t $$$ too.

Imagine your 14 hr clock starting the minute you get in and start it. No more going to hook up to a dolly, fueling, playing pocket pool and waiting an extra hr or two for loads.

My company has been using vnomics e logs since October...we are the first company to use there system and u guys are going to be the second..... let me just say it's a pos...the system has been crashing all week

Imagine your 14 hr clock starting the minute you get in and start it. No more going to hook up to a dolly, fueling, playing pocket pool and waiting an extra hr or two for loads.
We all start our day that way. You should never do anything and not get paid for it. When i go get my dolly, my day has started.

We all start our day that way. You should never do anything and not get paid for it. When i go get my dolly, my day has started.

Do you get your dolly before you get your loads? I won't go get my dolly until I have my loads and have punched the clock to go hook.

I'm usually first out on my run, so I get my loads right when I show up, but a lot of the lower guys have to sit in the drivers room and wait for loads to get done. Regardless of whether you log that time or not, you aren't getting paid for it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Do you get your dolly before you get your loads? I won't go get my dolly until I have my loads and have punched the clock to go hook.

I'm usually first out on my run, so I get my loads right when I show up, but a lot of the lower guys have to sit in the drivers room and wait for loads to get done. Regardless of whether you log that time or not, you aren't getting paid for it...

They show up too early..besides if our stuff isn't ready at the gate time, we can clock onto the dock and help, thus getting paid. If somebody is sitting around not getting paid, it's because they don't want to do anything but sit there..which is fine..i'd sometimes rather sit there than work..but don't complain about it. You can clock in at your gate time, if they say no..then call H.R.
( not saying your complaining about it, just somebody who might want to complain.)
We've got plenty of work, if your willing. we get paid for all minutes worked.

They show up too early..besides if our stuff isn't ready at the gate time, we can clock onto the dock and help, thus getting paid. If somebody is sitting around not getting paid, it's because they don't want to do anything but sit there..which is fine..i'd sometimes rather sit there than work..but don't complain about it. You can clock in at your gate time, if they say no..then call H.R.
( not saying your complaining about it, just somebody who might want to complain.)
We've got plenty of work, if your willing. we get paid for all minutes worked.

Yeah I will usually clock in if they don't have my loads ready. There's lots of times I come in early to work the dock because they usually have plenty to do now that we have all these worthless dock workers. But the other guys just come in when they are told to and wait. I don't think they really care to work the dock anyway lol.

A little math.
If we have 16,000 full-time employees at Con-way Freight and we received a $1 more an hour = $40 added a week x 52 = $2080 x 16,000 = $33,280,000

A little math.
If we have 16,000 full-time employees at Con-way Freight and we received a $1 more an hour = $40 added a week x 52 = $2080 x 16,000 = $33,280,000

Your numbers may be a little off. What percentage of employees are at top scale, vs. entry level pay and you have to factor in different regions.. But that would be the upper limit on a dollar increase.
Sometimes it's not even about the dollar raise, its actually treating people as human beings..They say you are a team, but do they really walk the talk? But the returns they would get on 33M would be more than what they spent.

But accounting spreadsheets cannot quantify human feelings as a number so...