XPO | Raise

What I would like to know is how many guys actually get worked over 8. I've heard from my days at Con-way that if we ever got ot after 8 thy would hire more drivers and cut everyone to 8 a day. Seems that would be more expensive with benefits than to just pay the ot. I believe in my company being profitable, but when you're working almost or more than half of your day, you should be entitled to more compensation. And I don't know of any ltl city operation that can function without drivers working at least 10 hours a day.
My city guys average 12-14 a day.

I'm in CCX territory so we get OT after 40 and right now they are so shorthanded that most of the city guys at my barn are running a minimum of 10-11 hours a day. I see a few running 13-14 on a regular basis. Makes me wish I'd stayed on city this year...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Atleast you can switch back in January.

They said we (in our region) would know how much the raise is by the end of next week. They said it would be good...but what is good?

We were promised a substantial increase by the CEO of my company in July ..they just announced it yesterday...I got .139 a mile...what a slap in the face...

We were promised a substantial increase by the CEO of my company in July ..they just announced it yesterday...I got .139 a mile...what a slap in the face...
14 cents a mile sounds like a pretty good raise to me. That's an extra 83 bucks a day if you drive 600 miles a day...

My city guys average 12-14 a day.

I'm in old CCX land which means OT aftter 8/40. This spring our city guys were getting 10-12 hrs a day. Now they're lucky to get 9 hrs a day. When I go in to run night linehaul the only guys on the dock are dock workers from a temp. agency. Our SCM wants all city guys at 40-42 hrs a week. More damaging dock workers will be added.

14 cents a mile sounds like a pretty good raise to me. That's an extra 83 bucks a day if you drive 600 miles a day...

I'm sure he mean't .0139

Sounds strangely exact to me. Going down to 1/100 of a cent per mile?

When I first read this, his tone made me think it was .139 cents.

So If he had been making $.40139 a mile, we would say 40.139 cents a mile. And then he got another .139 to make 40.278 a mile.

Which I would believe to be a fairly insulting slap in the face.

I'm in old CCX land which means OT aftter 8/40. This spring our city guys were getting 10-12 hrs a day. Now they're lucky to get 9 hrs a day. When I go in to run night linehaul the only guys on the dock are dock workers from a temp. agency. Our SCM wants all city guys at 40-42 hrs a week. More damaging dock workers will be added.

They tell us they want dock hands. And then they run off the dock hands. Treat them even worse than they treat us.

And those guys don't have all the hoops to jump through to get a new job. We gotta do an abstract, drug test, physical.

They just walk out and work somewhere else tomorrow.

They tell us they want dock hands. And then they run off the dock hands. Treat them even worse than they treat us.

And those guys don't have all the hoops to jump through to get a new job. We gotta do an abstract, drug test, physical.

They just walk out and work somewhere else tomorrow.
XLA went through about 400 (yes, that's FOUR HUNDRED) dock workers in 2013. Now they are having problems finding people.

Well duh... LaSalle/Peru isn't that big of an area, and eventually the supply of people is going to dry up once word gets around about what *******s they are to work for.

Once again, no sympathy from me in the slightest. Learn to treat people like humans and maybe you wouldn't have these problems.

When I first read this, his tone made me think it was .139 cents.

So If he had been making $.40139 a mile, we would say 40.139 cents a mile. And then he got another .139 to make 40.278 a mile.

Which I would believe to be a fairly insulting slap in the face.
That would be $44.00 on 3000 miles a week.

That don't sound right. Maybe he is new and got a 1.39 cent raise from new hire to 1yr.
I am looking at our current pay scale. (I don't have new hire rate) but between 1 and 2 year it's only. 006
Need to know not what he got but his current rate of pay

That don't sound right. Maybe he is new and got a 1.39 cent raise from new hire to 1yr.
I am looking at our current pay scale. (I don't have new hire rate) but between 1 and 2 year it's only. 006
Need to know not what he got but his current rate of pay
I don't think the guy your talking about works at Conway.

Had a meeting on inbound dock with TM in regards to the shopping for best and cheapest health care in your area(doctors,hosp.,dentist,etc)like it's up to you to save them money.Is this their way of saying it's our fault when they drop our insurance?He also told us 62 drivers at xin were paid $1250 to not quit.They can not accept that they are the reason for the dsr leaveing.They think that its because it takes longer to get to the top,today,probably so,it was the same when I started 19 years ago,the differance is that when I started we(Con-Way,CCX)was tops and worth the stay.Would I have come to Con-Way now?No Way!