XPO | Re-Training on how to load trailers

We had are re-training this week. Just read over ob53. But was also told we will held accountable for EVERYTHING. Three LOI for the same offense = termination

goal is usually between 85 and 90 in my experience. If one trailer is 100 and next is 80 that's still a 90 average
See... The number thing bothers me. Bothers most drivers. I could care less about numbers. My goal is to get the freight from A to B in one piece. My only goal. If that means putting one piece in a trailer by itself, so be it. Don't care about cube, pool count, mty's or anything else really. After having to deliver freight to a customer in two garbage cans from the dock, I vowed never again to damage freight for cube sake or pool count.

See... The number thing bothers me. Bothers most drivers. I could care less about numbers. My goal is to get the freight from A to B in one piece. My only goal. If that means putting one piece in a trailer by itself, so be it. Don't care about cube, pool count, mty's or anything else really. After having to deliver freight to a customer in two garbage cans from the dock, I vowed never again to damage freight for cube sake or pool count.

Yeah UN, there is nothing, and I mean nothing, more embarrassing to a city guy when he has to present a totally destroyed and sorry looking piece of freight to a consignee who needed it yesterday and then have to stand there and take it on the chin on behalf on the company. I just hate having to do this very unfortunate part of my job. And one can't blame these customers. I ordered a grandfather floor clock a few years ago. The shipper told me that it was gonna be shipped w/ ABF and they called to set up an appointment w/ me while I was on Christmas vacation. Well, the ABF truck pulled up and the driver let the clock down on his lift gate and brought it inside my door. I wouldn't even look at the driver's DR that he wanted me to sign before I gave the shipment a total going over looking for any damage. I saw a slight tear on the ctn. and made the guy make a note on the DR ...(No damage was found later when I opened the ctn.) then and only then did I sign the DR and send the guy on his way.

I hate it when I hear about keeping the equipment counts right. FOS tells me I have to pull 1 and an empty and the roads are crap and the wind is howling. I don't care about trailer counts. Make it up some other day, don't ask me to pull an empty so I don't have to tell you no or take it and then drop it somewhere along the way because it blowing and sliding. Its stupid and unsafe and could be avoided with some planning and thought. I would rather pull two 10000# trailers than a 20000# and an empty.

We are expendable assets to them. I've had two drivers terminated at my SC in the past month. For ridiculous reasons. And now we are written up for the most miner of infractions. We are lambs to the slaughter these days. Everyone must watch there back. Are CDLS no longer keep us safe when the bottom line is the only focus. So take it from your friend in the Midwest times are gonna get hard. Read in the WSJ that they going to cut another 190 jobs. And it said they would be trucking jobs. That doesn't sound like Alot. Company wide but that will be the second round of cuts announced in less than a month.

I hate it when I hear about keeping the equipment counts right. FOS tells me I have to pull 1 and an empty and the roads are crap and the wind is howling. I don't care about trailer counts. Make it up some other day, don't ask me to pull an empty so I don't have to tell you no or take it and then drop it somewhere along the way because it blowing and sliding. Its stupid and unsafe and could be avoided with some planning and thought. I would rather pull two 10000# trailers than a 20000# and an empty.
Working on inbound you see -
1.) Booby trap trailers - there is NO way to unload the freight without tearing up another piece of freight
2.) Empties against the dock. I go and ask outbound FOS can I shove 2 tons of dunnage in the nose so a driver will have some weight on a bad morning - He tells me he doesn't care about the via drivers , he's worried about the inbound breakers and his numbers , I tell him it will only take a few minutes - He starts hollering , I walk away. When I see the driver hooking the set of empties I shove the dunnage on his lead anyway.
3.) Unfortunately , I've gotten way too good at recouping freight that's been totally obliterated. It may take awhile , but , the give away to our customers is that it looks too neat.

We had are re-training this week. Just read over ob53. But was also told we will held accountable for EVERYTHING. Three LOI for the same offense = termination
so we have 100 million dollars in damages a year ,correct! how many extra runs does it take to eat up that 100 million? at 85,000.00 a year for one full time dsr,<100k including benefits&fuel&tolls>, with a 500 mile, turn and burn run, we could afford 1,000 extra drivers!!!! so if we added one driver for every terminal would we need 1,000 drivers? do we even have 1,000 terminals? as long as line haul coordinators see 600 cube they will demand only 3 dsr's! this is the biggest reason why we have damages! i can load 600 cube in 6 trailers, and i also can't load 600 cube in 6 trailers! as we all know all our freight isn't 4x4x4!! we can break even with added runs with the assumption we have zero damages plus now with an extra 1,000 dsr's let's talk about the impact to the economy with that many good paying jobs! auto industry,electronics,vacation resorts etc....all would get a boost not to mention more taxes to support our lovely welfare pig programs! as you know we will never have $0.00 in damages nor do we have 1,000 terminals! and lastly there is NO WAY to give blame to damaged freight unless their is a witness and even that is he said/she said.In american courts and not the kangaroo court we all know and love.it's not what you know,or what you think you know,it's what you can prove in the court of law. hell i got blamed for damage because in the history it showed me scanning the pro and that was it! KANGAROO COURT indeed!!!!

We were told today everybody in the entire company will be re-trained on how to load trailers, this will be mandatory.
By the looks of some of the inbound loads that come in there are a lot of people in this
We were told today everybody in the entire company will be re-trained on how to load trailers, this will be mandatory.
By the looks of some of the inbound loads there are a lot in this company that need this, the dock worker program that was created is the worst idea the Con/Way Gods ever came up with!:emoticon digging::::shit::::hide:

By the looks of some of the inbound loads that come in there are a lot of people in this

By the looks of some of the inbound loads there are a lot in this company that need this, the dock worker program that was created is the worst idea the Con/Way Gods ever came up with!:emoticon digging:::::shit:::::hide:
Reading posts 82-88 sounds a lot like yrc also. You guys have to remember, management people do not know how to think like a truck driver, or dockman. They are being told, by people above them that you are to do your job their way. Even though they have never done your job except on a computer screen. Common sense comes with experience for most. Although some people do not have either.

Working on inbound you see -
1.) Booby trap trailers - there is NO way to unload the freight without tearing up another piece of freight
2.) Empties against the dock. I go and ask outbound FOS can I shove 2 tons of dunnage in the nose so a driver will have some weight on a bad morning - He tells me he doesn't care about the via drivers , he's worried about the inbound breakers and his numbers , I tell him it will only take a few minutes - He starts hollering , I walk away. When I see the driver hooking the set of empties I shove the dunnage on his lead anyway.
3.) Unfortunately , I've gotten way too good at recouping freight that's been totally obliterated. It may take awhile , but , the give away to our customers is that it looks too neat.
I wonder how many inbound DSR'S have seen booby trap trailers at an FAC? Don't ever think your the only ones.

We are expendable assets to them. I've had two drivers terminated at my SC in the past month. For ridiculous reasons. And now we are written up for the most miner of infractions. We are lambs to the slaughter these days. Everyone must watch there back. Are CDLS no longer keep us safe when the bottom line is the only focus. So take it from your friend in the Midwest times are gonna get hard. Read in the WSJ that they going to cut another 190 jobs. And it said they would be trucking jobs. That doesn't sound like Alot. Company wide but that will be the second round of cuts announced in less than a month.
That Wall Street Journal article is old news. Those people are already gone and those were the first cuts, announced before the terminal closures. The 190 were not drivers.

goal is usually between 85 and 90 in my experience. If one trailer is 100 and next is 80 that's still a 90 average
In the past, fos's would get "credit" for adding to pures brought into the reship. If you have a pure cubed at 90 and 23,000, they would back it in and add even one skid. Talk about a waste of time. One guy used to tell the drivers "every trailer must be 23,500 or my balls will be in a sling"!! That is a direct quote, no kidding!

In the past, fos's would get "credit" for adding to pures brought into the reship. If you have a pure cubed at 90 and 23,000, they would back it in and add even one skid. Talk about a waste of time. One guy used to tell the drivers "every trailer must be 23,500 or my balls will be in a sling"!! That is a direct quote, no kidding!
We had an fos that would make us swing a pure to get motor move credit, talk about stupid. Used to tell him we had enough work without creating it but you know how that goes.

Just out of curiosity, what were the ridiculous reasons? It's been my experience that one has to go out of his way to get terminated at Con-Way (XPO).

remember it all about cube and cut times and now the linehaul gods are only giving you so many trailer per FACs no extra allowed. I have loaded trailer and have decked everything on it and only had 60 cube on it I can not help it when the skids are only 15 to 20 inches high and have DO NOT STACK on them.
:rulz:
That's the problem. FOS's think every trailer should cube out at 324x96x106 before it leaves the dock. Good God...come off the 'throne' once in a while and observe the ridiculously-shaped freight we move!

so we have 100 million dollars in damages a year ,correct! how many extra runs does it take to eat up that 100 million? at 85,000.00 a year for one full time dsr,<100k including benefits&fuel&tolls>, with a 500 mile, turn and burn run, we could afford 1,000 extra drivers!!!! so if we added one driver for every terminal would we need 1,000 drivers? do we even have 1,000 terminals? as long as line haul coordinators see 600 cube they will demand only 3 dsr's! this is the biggest reason why we have damages! i can load 600 cube in 6 trailers, and i also can't load 600 cube in 6 trailers! as we all know all our freight isn't 4x4x4!! we can break even with added runs with the assumption we have zero damages plus now with an extra 1,000 dsr's let's talk about the impact to the economy with that many good paying jobs! auto industry,electronics,vacation resorts etc....all would get a boost not to mention more taxes to support our lovely welfare pig programs! as you know we will never have $0.00 in damages nor do we have 1,000 terminals! and lastly there is NO WAY to give blame to damaged freight unless their is a witness and even that is he said/she said.In american courts and not the kangaroo court we all know and love.it's not what you know,or what you think you know,it's what you can prove in the court of law. hell i got blamed for damage because in the history it showed me scanning the pro and that was it! KANGAROO COURT indeed!!!!
That's some pretty good math there, catch! Nice work!!