XPO | Re-Training on how to load trailers

That's the problem. FOS's think every trailer should cube out at 324x96x106 before it leaves the dock. Good God...come off the 'throne' once in a while and observe the ridiculously-shaped freight we move!
Well you know how we fix that. We all need to measure your freight 12" bigger in every direction just make a 48x40x48 to a 60x52x60 that would blow there minds

Rumor has it that they're gonna start auditing P&D guys' dims on their freight when they get in at night. P&D guys take heed !!!
We already have people that are supposed to spot check our dimension accuracy. We can bypass it with a supervisor badge on outbound. In my case , we already have a weights and inspection person on duty so it seems redundant to spot check.

We already have people that are supposed to spot check our dimension accuracy. We can bypass it with a supervisor badge on outbound. In my case , we already have a weights and inspection person on duty so it seems redundant to spot check.

You're right on this IC... and I bet that this audit rumor is just a motivational tactic being used to get guys to make sure that they do their jobs on the streets by actually getting accurate dims and not just guessing... or worse...not actually measuring their freight before they come in.

You're right on this IC... and I bet that this audit rumor is just a motivational tactic being used to get guys to make sure that they do their jobs on the streets by actually getting accurate dims and not just guessing... or worse...not actually measuring their freight before they come in.
If they want accurate cubes, they really need to cancel those profiles. There are a bunch of customers who should not be on profiles because their freight is not nearly as close to the same size as it should be to warrant being a profile customer.

If they want accurate cubes, they really need to cancel those profiles. There are a bunch of customers who should not be on profiles because their freight is not nearly as close to the same size as it should be to warrant being a profile customer.

Yeah ID...how right you are. I've been to places that have a dim profile on their stuff. And u should see some of their freight...one swp that's 48-40-10, another that 48-55-56. Point? no consistent nearness in cube dimensions w/ this customer at all... and yet there is a profile for this guy. It just doesn't make any sense.

Yeah ID...how right you are. I've been to places that have a dim profile on their stuff. And u should see some of their freight...one swp that's 48-40-10, another that 48-55-56. Point? no consistent nearness in cube dimensions w/ this customer at all... and yet there is a profile for this guy. It just doesn't make any sense.
Then the driver picking the freight up should choose the other option:
Enter all dimensions

so we have 100 million dollars in damages a year ,correct! how many extra runs does it take to eat up that 100 million? at 85,000.00 a year for one full time dsr,<100k including benefits&fuel&tolls>, with a 500 mile, turn and burn run, we could afford 1,000 extra drivers!!!! so if we added one driver for every terminal would we need 1,000 drivers? do we even have 1,000 terminals? as long as line haul coordinators see 600 cube they will demand only 3 dsr's! this is the biggest reason why we have damages! i can load 600 cube in 6 trailers, and i also can't load 600 cube in 6 trailers! as we all know all our freight isn't 4x4x4!! we can break even with added runs with the assumption we have zero damages plus now with an extra 1,000 dsr's let's talk about the impact to the economy with that many good paying jobs! auto industry,electronics,vacation resorts etc....all would get a boost not to mention more taxes to support our lovely welfare pig programs! as you know we will never have $0.00 in damages nor do we have 1,000 terminals! and lastly there is NO WAY to give blame to damaged freight unless their is a witness and even that is he said/she said.In american courts and not the kangaroo court we all know and love.it's not what you know,or what you think you know,it's what you can prove in the court of law. hell i got blamed for damage because in the history it showed me scanning the pro and that was it! KANGAROO COURT indeed!!!!

Really good post. And a lot of good points.

You know what would really make all of this, even better ? If drivers drove and dock hands worked the dock.

Let this head ache not be my problem. Handle the dock any way you like. Just give me my hooks. Please and thank you.

You got that right.You can't get fired unless you want to.

This has gone on for some time. And the end result is that we have a bunch of turds that can't pull their weight.

While I certainly don't want it to be any easier for me to lose my job. There are some people deliberately abusing the situation.