XPO | repo man

The reasons have been documented here on this forum...I understand it financially, it does make sense to me, but the employee in me who enjoys seeing that shiny equipment on the road is a little frustrated...I will agree with you on bizarre with one extension...it looks bizarre to all of us on the inside as well...
I have no choice but to trust their judgement on this for now, and we can't be too far off base, because other companies are following suit..
I realize I'm a guest on your forum and I'm not trying to be a jerk,but what other companies are doing this??? And how is money being saved??A later model tractor should be getting at least10%better fuel mileage,not to mention lower maintnance costs,those new tractors are depreciating in value wether or not they're being used.And the old ones have already depreciated in value so much they're almost worthless as far as tax purposes go.

I realize I'm a guest on your forum and I'm not trying to be a jerk,but what other companies are doing this??? And how is money being saved??A later model tractor should be getting at least10%better fuel mileage,not to mention lower maintnance costs,those new tractors are depreciating in value wether or not they're being used.And the old ones have already depreciated in value so much they're almost worthless as far as tax purposes go.

I was told by friends at USF and Saia that both are doing the same thing...

I was told by friends at USF and Saia that both are doing the same thing...

Oh.....well then,,,,,,,,that certainly makes all the difference in the world...........If they are doing it, then it has to be the right thing.........god knows the track record they have for getting it right......forgive me for ever doubting the process, what could I have been thinking......

Saia and Usf.....???/......doing the same thing?????

Like my hero Forest Gump says......"Stupid is, as stupid does"...

"Once upon a time in a land far far away...
There was a company called Consolidated Freightways that did some very strange things resulting in Con-Way Freight...
Big Spoon.....LoL.....:flame:

Another great post by this poster .

I for one truely believe this poster is much more
educated on the history of CNW than most of the other CNW employees or posters regarding CNW .

CF's ultimate demise was well planned and emplemented from the time CF sold Freigtliner ,
thusly creating CNW . CF intentionaly did NOT
re-invest those profits back into CF's future
but , started CNW but for one very obvious
reason .

It may well behove others to do some research .

Just4Thought

Thank You

Every new tractor, 07, 08 I have is parked, a total of 18...we are no different than you..I believe I said "I have no choice" but to trust their judgement on this for now...I don't agree that it is the biggest financial mistake we could make...I understand all the negativity about doing what we are doing..

Maybe there waiting till 2010 to use the 2007 and 2008.Thats when truck prices are going way way up.
Then hopefully your bussiness will go way way up.

Maybe there waiting till 2010 to use the 2007 and 2008.Thats when truck prices are going way way up.
Then hopefully your bussiness will go way way up.

If this is the case, that would not be the worst idea. But if it is the case, I would think they would be purchasing as many new power units as possible.

Back in 2002 the otr company I drove for started buying all the pre-emission trucks they could get their hands on. They normally spec-ed 400 horse with 10's but I got a truck that was purchased off a lot with a 475 and a 13 speed. They said they were very glad they had turned over the fleet before the emissions engines hit the road. If nothing else, it delays the purchase of those units till the initial bugs are worked out.

A 2007 or 2008 with very low miles would have a higher appraised book value thus boosting the net assets of the company!
For what reason would the company be trying to boost their total assets??
It seems the worm is much deeper than most realize....
Maybe someone in the Ivory Towers will disclose their reasoning for this.
Or shal we read between the lines?? :duh:er:

A 2007 or 2008 with very low miles would have a higher appraised book value thus boosting the net assets of the company!
Maybe you should get on the right page,before you start reading.

Oh.....well then,,,,,,,,that certainly makes all the difference in the world...........If they are doing it, then it has to be the right thing.........god knows the track record they have for getting it right......forgive me for ever doubting the process, what could I have been thinking......

Saia and Usf.....???/......doing the same thing?????

Like my hero Forest Gump says......"Stupid is, as stupid does"...

Run, Av8TOR, Run...!!!!!
Actually they followed our lead, we did not follow theirs..sorry I didn't make that clear the first time..

I drove for duff truck lines. I saw them buy with cash brand new 1973 GMC road units, only 100 of them. Got them ready and then parked them for only eight months. No one understood that either. However, when they were put in service they all needed new batteries and tires, dryrot tires and frozen batteries. Now lets assume that the tires and batteries are a lot better in todays age. Maybe those things are porperly taken care of by Conway. Duff did last for 13 years after this, but why did they do this?
Conway seems to be a well run company as I see it from the outside. :popcorn:

Do you work for Con-Way at the present?

Rat:loser:

Why do I read your posts and visualize a lady in a purple moo-moo with yellow stars all over it staring into a big round glass ball in the middle of the table, maybe with a little fog running around inside it...?? I'd like to take you more seriously, but I am not sure it's possible at this point...post with some substance, folks will chat with you...

Why do I read your posts and visualize a lady in a purple moo-moo with yellow stars all over it staring into a big round glass ball in the middle of the table, maybe with a little fog running around inside it...?? I'd like to take you more seriously, but I am not sure it's possible at this point...post with some substance, folks will chat with you...

Substance?????
You are a manager.....how about some logical insight on the issues??
What I have stated in my post have been nothing less than factual truth..
Let's try this for substance!
Con-way purchases CFI,a major automotive industry carrier (we know where the auto industry is today),linehaul schedules being cut or cancelled daily!
Con-way closes over 40 service centers...(they say this will save millions).
Con-way reduces workforce daily.
Con-way parking 08-07 tractors,replacing them with 95-96 units that were put out of service to be sold or scraped,Drivers freezing their a**es off,venders getting rich while drivers stand around waiting for tractors to be started.
Con-way linehaul drivers at work,NOT being paid while waiting for schedules.
No Soup on cold days....lmao
Sounds like another Consolidated Freightways to me
:nutkick:

Why attack her? You seem like the kind of guy who isn't well liked at his barn. To make up for this you create an online make believe manager. Instead of looking into a round glass ball I think your pretending to have a desk job. 99% of anyone who works at conway could pretend to be a manager and people would believe it. It's not hard to pretend to be one all you have to do is come back with the kool aid attitude. I've yet to see you post anything that was "secret or new".

Why not pretend to be a RM? That pays more!

Why attack her? You seem like the kind of guy who isn't well liked at his barn. To make up for this you create an online make believe manager. Instead of looking into a round glass ball I think your pretending to have a desk job. 99% of anyone who works at conway could pretend to be a manager and people would believe it. It's not hard to pretend to be one all you have to do is come back with the kool aid attitude. I've yet to see you post anything that was "secret or new".

Why not pretend to be a RM? That pays more!

Secret or new..??? What exactly are you expecting..?? You appeared to have just joined and have now created your first post...Have you read all the threads on the con-way forum..?? are you up to speed on all we have talked about..??
Or, could it be a return engagement from friends past..??

This is factual and truthful..??? All you appear to be doing here is speculating while stirring a spoon...you have offered nothing that hasn't been spoken of here many times before, and get off the CF kick...that horse has been beat to death 100 times over...THEY DID THEMSELVES IN....

Substance?????
You are a manager.....how about some logical insight on the issues??
What I have stated in my post have been nothing less than factual truth..
Let's try this for substance!
Con-way purchases CFI,a major automotive industry carrier (we know where the auto industry is today),linehaul schedules being cut or cancelled daily!
Con-way closes over 40 service centers...(they say this will save millions).
Con-way reduces workforce daily.
Con-way parking 08-07 tractors,replacing them with 95-96 units that were put out of service to be sold or scraped,Drivers freezing their a**es off,venders getting rich while drivers stand around waiting for tractors to be started.
Con-way linehaul drivers at work,NOT being paid while waiting for schedules.
No Soup on cold days....lmao
Sounds like another Consolidated Freightways to me
:nutkick:

CFI continues to be the most profitable entity in the Con-way umbrella, not stuck to the automotive industry...

Con-way closed 40 service centers, not over...The pracical facts when looked at will save millions, just in fixed cost alone

Con-way has reduced the workforce twice, on 12-5 and again on 1-12...You must have us confused with other companies that layoff daily

I cannot dispute the parked tractors nor the freezing drivers, I am not in that area of the country

Management needs to plan their schedules better at those service centers where drivers come in and wait..we have talked about that a hundred times here..

Go over to your local YRC facility and see what they are serving in their cafeteria today...we have to have hot meals prepared for everyone each day now..?? Sounds to me like some service centers are better than this than others, but I know one thing for sure: Con-way is better at it than many other, if not all, carriers..

Now, what logic would you like on what issues..??

This is factual and truthful..??? All you appear to be doing here is speculating while stirring a spoon...you have offered nothing that hasn't been spoken of here many times before, and get off the CF kick...that horse has been beat to death 100 times over...THEY DID THEMSELVES IN....

Mr. BoxBoss:
If I were a invester looking to invest in a company or even a shipper looking for a dependable carrier,I would consider other sources before even considering Con-way,from the issues I have read both in the news and in forums.
You Sir seem to be working for a corp. with problems.
I have asked you to address the issues,hoping for logical answers,instead you have beat around the bush,bashing my post and comments without any justifiable answers.
But then again,maybe it's just the Con-way way...
No,I dont have a crystal ball,but if I did,I would bet it would not be looking good for your future!
As a manager you and your company seem to have forgotten what provides good service and happy customers.
Happy and content Drivers and Dock workers!
:loser: