Central Transport | Rick Gaetz resigned this morning, replaced by Bill Deluce, current board member

I have mixed feelings about all this NW....But I choose to remain positive...You must tear it down to build it back up...They have a long term plan....They must see this through now....Or the stock will tank and the shareholders will lose everything....We got at least a couple of years despite all the hype.

A couple years left eh Train? You need to think with your brain instead of your heart. At current cash burn there is no way we have two more years, more like two quarters.

I don't think most understand this business....They must see this through now....Shutting down this year would tank the stock...Shareholders have invested too much...They can't walk way now....They can turn this company around it's just going to take more time...This is not our money....It's theirs.....It's like gambling a bit but if it was my money I would risk it...You stand the chance to triple your stock if you play your cards right....I personally wouldn't walk away with millions left on the table.

I don't think most understand this business....They must see this through now....Shutting down this year would tank the stock...Shareholders have invested too much...They can't walk way now....They can turn this company around it's just going to take more time...This is not our money....It's theirs.....It's like gambling a bit but if it was my money I would risk it...You stand the chance to triple your stock if you play your cards right....I personally wouldn't walk away with millions left on the table.

You are thinking like a late night intoxicated gambler Train, the money will be gone before the sun comes up. The Board of Directors is not going to keep thinking that way anymore, McClimon has ripped off their blinders and opened their eyes. The stock price is already way too high, it is going to be dropping big time on the 25th.

It's like jumping off a horse in the middle of a stream....I can understand why people could see this year but I say no way...If they hang in there they stand to will big time..It's really their only option....They dug themselves this hole so they must see it through....I bet many are pissed but it's too late now...It's the only way to have any sort of chance to recoup your losses. To file bankruptcy and walk away would be even a bigger blunder. And no one would ever buy this company or invest anymore money...I can even see them putting their property back up....Brothers they are all in. I say they have 2 years to put this train back on the tracks. Yes....I could be wrong but I don't think I am.

Look.....Just be glad it's not your money that you entrusted RG with....We got very little to lose except a little time.

Often times I understand and can agree with all points of view...even opposing ones. Yeah, sometimes it sucks.

This is one of those times.

One perspective I have looked at is based on the idea that the Canadian operations are profitable as a group. If that is true they are sitting on a debt free company with $50 million in the bank. Will they really risk the whole thing to save the US side? Or will they finish taking the advice of Clarke Investing and sell off and close US terminal, retreat to Canada and start over in the US?

It's like jumping off a horse in the middle of a stream....I can understand why people could see this year but I say no way...If they hang in there they stand to will big time..It's really their only option....They dug themselves this hole so they must see it through....I bet many are pissed but it's too late now...It's the only way to have any sort of chance to recoup your losses. To file bankruptcy and walk away would be even a bigger blunder. And no one would ever buy this company or invest anymore money...I can even see them putting their property back up....Brothers they are all in. I say they have 2 years to put this train back on the tracks. Yes....I could be wrong but I don't think I am.

They have one very good option which will cost Canada very little money and that is to put Vitran USA into a holding company and separate USA from profitable Canada. Mark my words, will happen some time this year. Or they may give away USA operations to another LTL carrier much like Vitran did with Milan Express. That scenario is highly unlikely though for obvious reasons.

Often times I understand and can agree with all points of view...even opposing ones. Yeah, sometimes it sucks.

This is one of those times.

One perspective I have looked at is based on the idea that the Canadian operations are profitable as a group. If that is true they are sitting on a debt free company with $50 million in the bank. Will they really risk the whole thing to save the US side? Or will they finish taking the advice of Clarke Investing and sell off and close US terminal, retreat to Canada and start over in the US?

After reporting 1st Q on 4-25, Vitran Canada will be sitting on somewhere around 33 million cash.

Some of are biggest losses are employee actions. I don't want to lose my job it's hard not to say f••k it but do your best and be a leader! Not a follower. No I'm not a plant from management but I do see a lot of I don't give a f••ks here. I try to do my best and its hard sometimes but I have a family that looks at me more than this company does.

April 25th Vitran reports 1st quarter earnings. If Gaetz resigned what do you think the numbers are. Boys it's time to stop being bull-headed and go for the exits. The only ones left will the the slugs that won't produce.

yep, been several years of losses, they cashed in their golden goose to pay off loans and are still losing at same rate. now were also losing both customers and employees at an alarming rate with no end in sight.

There are many types of investors in Vitran. Some do not even know they are invested because of how risk is managed with mutual funds. Then there are the major players like Clarke and Transforce. One or two major holders can dump the stocks at once and get out with no loss. Clarke and Transforce could even agree on a day to dump-tank the company, and then buy it all or move on.

If a major holder dumps then I say that is the sign it is going down. As we know Transforce sold 1/3 of it's stock a couple weeks ago. If they saw this tanking they would, IMO, have sold all of them. I say that was a way of sending a message that RG has to go or else. The big dogs will not get caught holding the bag-the small investors (401K investors) will.

I still believe Vitran is in the game. I will be surprised if it totally goes away. I believe it will survive in some form.

I'm staying until the wheels fall off....I don't know how this all will play out. And honestly I really don't care. I'm comfortable in my finances and don't need this job to survive. I work here because I want to not because I have to.....This job is so easy .....Why would I want to walk away until the final act? One of the reasons I stay here besides it's a cake job is that the insurance is OK....Just OK.....but it pays for my children until they are 26....My CDL is good and I can stay up with all these arrogant young studs. I'm good at what I do and have had many chances to leave...I choose to stay.

Why would they hire the guy from Conway/ central transport? Say he got a bonus is it worth leaving a steady job at central transport and dragging his name thru the dirt? I think there trying to Shiz a golden egg and getting top not the top but close management in here. If we could fix three things Vitran would be able to compete with the big dogs employees, maintenance and management. Well I guess in a way that's the hole company. Haha but broken down two of the have todo with us as drivers. If we all (drivers) where doing what we had todo and the dock guys doing the same we could run dumbazz supervisors and up out or they would do it the selfs. Think of all the tm's you've seen thru the years here and at other company's. sorry just my rant for the day.

:6788:
getting ready to hit the pavement. I feel en is closer than ever...:popcorn::popcorn:
You got a couple of years at least....You have plenty of time..But don't leave for the wrong reasons...Leave because you truly hate this company and can no longer stand working for them..Leave for a better opportunity if it comes along...Don't leave because you think they may go out of business.....Don't buy into the hype....Because no one really knows how this will all play out.....And there is BS anywhere you go.