TForce | Road/Linehual Driver's

steve5 said:
Hey 10speed, do you work for FedEx? Most of the negative rumors I've heard on the road about us came from fxf drivers? Do you have an answer to why this is? That is if you are fxf. Thank you.

the ones in the west talkin smack are ex M/C drivers i'd guess :smilie_132:

upgf-driver said:
I agree as well that the sleeper team is the future in this business. LTL has more and more become Expedited LTL the past couple of years and running teams is the best way to keep the trucks and freight moving.

And in response to the O/O issue, UPS would have very little control over them and on that alone, they wouldn't be interested.

What you all have to realize is that when UPS decided to purchase Overnite and then rebrand them with the name 'UPS Freight' they put more on the line than the money used to purchase us. Their image is everything to them and if this thing goes south it won't just be UPS Freight that will look bad. It'll be UPS, period, and that is something that concerns them. So expect the same type of UPS package rules and expectations because we already know they expect the same results from us as they're getting from the package guys.

This thing will work, they'll see to it. The only question is will you be there when it does?

Nice post :beerchug: I agree

webidiot said:
where do you think they are going to get the sleeper drivers? they will start at the bottom of the seniority and if you do not want to work you will be done...the sleepers will run right over top of you and you will be sitting home or working on the dock....done done done anybody got a big fork?

Screw That!!

hugnlug said:
Let me enlighten you a bit. UPS does not like O/O's. It loves control. Something you can't get with O/O's. We are having a hard enough time trying to get qualified drivers now, never mind O/O's. You really should lay off the pipe.
If you look on the UPSF website under careers they have an O/O application form. They say that they are hiring O/O's nationwide I wonder if this is trouble for company drivers?

union/no union

Teamster251 said:
Well seeing that you don't list your state I can't tell wether or not you work for a right -to-work state so that points mute.

If Overnite should becomes union what's stopping you from going to look for another non-union job.
Why is the union , in your eyes, so bad?

I hear it all the time on this forum but no one get even list why the union is so bad, except my so-called arragant, brash, condesending attitude that projects the demeanor and bad-boy Teamster stereotypical image.

If you chose to work at Overnie strictly base on the fact that they were non-union. that's a pretty weak choice.

By the way, no one will force you to work union. It's a free country and you can come an go as you please.
The majority however will decide wether or not your terminal decides to be represented by the Teamster, APWA or someother labor faction for that matter.

tell us all why you don't want to leave Overnite.
We can compare those reason to the reason why Pro-union workers don't wan to leave Overnite and I'll tell you somthing, you'll both probally agree.

T251
Ive posted plenty of times why I am so againest the union, and no one, not you or any of our supoer union moderators rebutted my statements. I came to work for Ovnt because I wanted the job(I LEFT a union company)I stayed because it was non-union, and if the union would have won the previous (strike) action I would have left, but instead your man HOFFA QUIT, we won. This isn't Rocky, there is no rematch. 251 I respect your one sided opinion, more than you will know, but you have nothing to gain other than retirement from intimidating and telling false truths about the union. You have your union job, keep it if you wish, but as for the rest of us you and all your illegitimate brothers leave us the hell alone

popping noise

Teamster251 said:
Well you offered your opinion to me, you addressed the post to me, so I replied.

T251
Maybe you should listen for the popping noise before spouting off. You KNOW as well as I do that the union structure does not allow for over achievers (you make your lazya-- brothers look bad) if your expected to do 3 you do three not 3.1, can't take anywork away from your brother, get a grip, Go bakc to the UPS board and let us get this thing rolling without interference. All yall want is our dues and our retirement account, because yours is so much like the social security. Alot more taking out than putting in. OH did you tell everyone that regardless of their time with the company they start over new for retirement with the union. OH and did you tell them that under the new nmfa the retirement changed to 65 and out not 30 and out , oh and did you tell them that, that was the unions deal to get other concessions, ( the company sure doesn't want 65 year old dock workers). YOu want to talk so much start talking the truth. there are people on here that know the truth, and every lie you tell can be put away with the garbage(what a fitting term). REMOVE HEAD AND LISTEN FOR THE POPPING SOUND, by the way the sky is blue, and horses don';t have two heads

nightprowler said:
Hey UPGF-driver

Lazy people need to earn a living too !!!
What gives anyone the right to judge anyone else .

Is the 55 year old driver lazy because I can move pallets around faster with a jack ?

Is the driver with the back problem lazy because I can move a dolly around and build a set faster than him ?

Is a driver lazy because he takes the time to perform a proper pre-trip inspection ?

Is a driver lazy because he spends an hour in the shop with cracked brakes instead of pulling dangerous equipment ?

Is a driver lazy because he chooses to drive the speed limit instead of hammering down the road ?

How about some examples of what you consider lazy . It might just be me but I've always noticed that ' in the workplace ' , there will always be people that should be more focused on their job rather than everyone else's !!!
WOW, you just showed an example of what everyone should be, you are so awesome, but let me ask you do you take your time doing things to get some extra pay(yep, I think you do)
Or do you slow down alittle so your brothers who may not have as much energy don't look bad(yep, I think you do)
Do you barely meet the standards of your employer, because someone else is telling you youwork to fast(yep, I bet you do)
DO YOU PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO PROTECT YOUR JOB BECAUSE YOU ARE TO LAZY TO DO IT RIGHT(yep I bet you do)

Animo916 said:
Well said Nightprowler.
I usually find that the lazy ones are the ones so concerned about everyone else instead of themselves.
By your own words the lazy ones are the ones worried about someone elses job not their own, WELL STOP WORRYING ABOUT OURS YOU LAZY PEOPLE AND WORRY ABOUT YOURS NOT OURS. YOUR WORDS NOT MINE

tocewl step back and take a deep breathe. You are saying somethings that maybe you should re-read and reconsider before you hit the post botton. I have no bone to pick with you but just calm down before ya blow a fuse man!

thanks

hugnlug said:
Let me enlighten you a bit. UPS does not like O/O's. It loves control. Something you can't get with O/O's. We are having a hard enough time trying to get qualified drivers now, never mind O/O's. You really should lay off the pipe.
that is the best, most honest posts that I have ever seen you make, thanks

contract

krash said:
They were using them at UPS till we got language in the contract to put a stop to it. So why wouldnt they do it with yall?
KRASH, youdidn't get then to do anything,, abunch of faceless peopole around a table wheeled and dealed until everyone came to a equitable agreement, that they could live with. Yall can't tell us we are going to get anything, you don't write the contract, yall don't do the negotiations, your national vote doesn't even mean anything, it is a formality

O?o

steve5 said:
If you look on the UPSF website under careers they have an O/O application form. They say that they are hiring O/O's nationwide I wonder if this is trouble for company drivers?
It is no big deal, we actually have three divisions, ltl, truck load(owner operators) and expedited(owner operators)we are okay

taking a breath

hillbilly frog said:
tocewl step back and take a deep breathe. You are saying somethings that maybe you should re-read and reconsider before you hit the post botton. I have no bone to pick with you but just calm down before ya blow a fuse man!
MR> Frog, I have been taking deep breaths adn counting to 10, since the rules were amended to allow the union to be preached on this board, and have conducted myself in accordance with the board rules and will continue to do so. but some of the posts regarding the union and how it is so superior to non-union is like believeing a sermon held at the brach davidians compound in waco. People need to start speaking the truth, stop lying, we are not selling used cars here. This is peoples future. And lying to them to protect a union members retirement or job(sense both are issue here)is wrong, you know it is, I know it is and so does everyone else. Problem is not everyone else knows the truthlike you and me. Now isn't that right

I don't know exactly what you know. I do know what I know. You have made a few comments in some of your most resent post that are blanket statements about people that are not exactly truth. There are lazy people every place there is work to be done. Union and non-union alike. I have no illegitimate brothers and I am one of those moderators that happens to be a 30 year Teamster. I have not been imposing any of my personnal beliefs about the union on any one on these boards and have been reading all post with much interest. Not because I need your money, not because I need you to help me draw a pension and not because I don't care if you guys join us in the the Teamsters. I am a LTL truck driver just like you. I work hard for a living. I do my job to the best of my ability just like you. I stop and lay my head on the steering wheel when I get drowsy because I don't want to wreck and kill someones family not because I'm lazy. I have not reponded to any of your previous post because I felt it best that members of the baords besides myself respond to you.
Just remember that when all is said and done we may pass in the night a breathe away from each other and we depend on each other to do what we do. Drive trucks and get home to our familys. Union or not I don't want to keep your family from seeing you again and I am sure you feel the same way.
We do have a lot in common.

tocewl said:
By your own words the lazy ones are the ones worried about someone elses job not their own, WELL STOP WORRYING ABOUT OURS YOU LAZY PEOPLE AND WORRY ABOUT YOURS NOT OURS. YOUR WORDS NOT MINE

Tocewl, Don't let them get to you brother. I agree with you I think we need to remain nonunion. However, they DO need to change some things and you know the things they need to change.

hillbilly frog said:
I don't know exactly what you know. I do know what I know. You have made a few comments in some of your most resent post that are blanket statements about people that are not exactly truth. There are lazy people every place there is work to be done. Union and non-union alike. I have no illegitimate brothers and I am one of those moderators that happens to be a 30 year Teamster. I have not been imposing any of my personnal beliefs about the union on any one on these boards and have been reading all post with much interest. Not because I need your money, not because I need you to help me draw a pension and not because I don't care if you guys join us in the the Teamsters. I am a LTL truck driver just like you. I work hard for a living. I do my job to the best of my ability just like you. I stop and lay my head on the steering wheel when I get drowsy because I don't want to wreck and kill someones family not because I'm lazy. I have not reponded to any of your previous post because I felt it best that members of the baords besides myself respond to you.
Just remember that when all is said and done we may pass in the night a breathe away from each other and we depend on each other to do what we do. Drive trucks and get home to our familys. Union or not I don't want to keep your family from seeing you again and I am sure you feel the same way.
We do have a lot in common.

To bad you are not running out west. I'd like to catch up to you before I pass you and buy you a cup. :smilie_132:

Good Post...

I also agree with you skeeter,after all we'er all doing are best.

As far as driving we'er all putting our lives on the line every day,union,or non-union.

We'er all moving Americas goods so the same people driving their four wheelers while talking on their cell phones not paying attention as they take our space away,can walk in their stores of choice,and make their purchases.

www.TRUCKCRASHDOT.com is a site that distractions have been made in a very bad way.

May the lord direct your path it works for me.

Skeeter said:
Tocewl, Don't let them get to you brother. I agree with you I think we need to remain nonunion. However, they DO need to change some things and you know the things they need to change.
Everyone including managment knows what needs to be changed and knows what all the drivers are upset about. So why or when do you expect upper managment to change these things. We need to prove ourselves. NO. We need to wait for the vision. NO. We need what we deserve and what most other company drivers get. We proved our selves many years ago. Its time for things to change NOW!!!