Nashville -8
Rock Island -20
St. Louis -2
Stroudsburg -14
Toledo -8
Valdosta -9

+190 -190

great job 211 thanks!

Greetings from 251 Toledo. We wonder if they are going to put us out of our misery altogether next time around.

they just might.....we took the last coo out of 251....big mistake going to 891 meridian....anyone thinking of coming here....DON'T DO IT!!!!

Here`s what I found out. The following are New Flow Centers. Memphis,TN. Springfield,MO. and South Bend,IN. The following flow centers are expanding: Winston Salem, Cincinnati, Akron, Harrisburg, and Buffalo. New Gateway Operations opening will be Kansas City,KS. Meridian,MS.,and South Bend, IN.
I would believe all of these will be gainers in both dock and drivers. This change will start in March of `07.

What is 'New Gateway Operations'?

Seems kind of strange that they have Milwaukee
(313) posted as losing 3 yardmen because we are a combo board where you have to have a cdl to work here. Looks like its going to be the bottom 15, even our TM was saying in a pow wow today 12 p/d and 3 yard but our steward corrected him by saying the bottom 15.

They just mean three yard jobs not the three bottom men holding them. I believe some terminals do have seperate boards for yard, dock, and P&D

We do here at 671 teamster108. Each classification has it own seniority list. There is no such thing as "super seniority" at 671 unless you are getting layed off. Then you can immediately but into another classification where you have the seniority and bump a junior guy into layoff. This exception does not include the road though.
teamster108 said:
They just mean three yard jobs not the three bottom men holding them. I believe some terminals do have seperate boards for yard, dock, and P&D

about 457-meridian

For one the union for this terminal is a joke. Now don't get me wrong, our family is very union and love how the union can protect you, and work for you. But we have seen none of that here. Its like if you ask about something, they have to consult with OTHERS before giving you an answer, alot of times with no regards to the contract book. I don't think very many of these people here have even opened there contract book, so they have no knowledge of their rights, all they know is to ask and then take that as golden, that is all they know here. They don't know they can fight, and they are scared to speak up on anything due to backlash. We were told after we got here that comments were make that management did not want the transfers here, because they knew the would be fighting alot of things that were going on, and it was true, these guys have been fighting since they got here. I hope I have explained this to were it is understandable. Now remember we are for the union, but you got to have the right people in it that will fight for you.

about 457-meridian

And Meridian Ms doesn't have alot to offer in the way of good paying jobs. So if you have spouses that are going to be working, there are plenty of minimum wage and thats about it. We have been here 9 months now and I have 13 yrs of forklift and shipping and receiving experience and the best pay I can find is $7 an hour to start. Well after daycare and gas that will not leave much. My husband has been hit with this layoff as well and has had to go back OTR, can't make it on unemployment. The MOST mississippi will pay is $210.00 a week, before taxes. So that is something to think about as well.

about 457-meridian

Meridian has only 2 boards, the road board is one. And the city, yard and dock are combined into one. You have to have CDL to work dock here. Last coo they gave 60 days to get it. They bid here in April and November. So they will bid in April after coo, and you get whatever your seniority will hold you on.