Yellow | Roadway Coo Hot off the press

hI

For one the union for this terminal is a joke. Now don't get me wrong, our family is very union and love how the union can protect you, and work for you. But we have seen none of that here. Its like if you ask about something, they have to consult with OTHERS before giving you an answer, alot of times with no regards to the contract book. I don't think very many of these people here have even opened there contract book, so they have no knowledge of their rights, all they know is to ask and then take that as golden, that is all they know here. They don't know they can fight, and they are scared to speak up on anything due to backlash. We were told after we got here that comments were make that management did not want the transfers here, because they knew the would be fighting alot of things that were going on, and it was true, these guys have been fighting since they got here. I hope I have explained this to were it is understandable. Now remember we are for the union, but you got to have the right people in it that will fight for you.
Do you miss 63?????????????

ha

No Meridian is a breed of their own. I ran Dallas, at least they stand up to management. But the whole southern conference is week. Came from western conference last change, not perfect but the difference is night and day. I must have been on some good crack to come here. Oh I forgot they have one topless bar here 4 dancers when i went all of but 1 was butt ugly and the decent one smiled and was missing two teeth
Hello D. I am guessing it is you, if not just let me know. Do you miss 63 and the gang?

Roaway wife is right. I am a road driver in meridian. You make good money here if your not into having a life. All bids are 6 days a week.Most of them cant run 6days legal, but greed has taken over here. People are not logging pretrip post trip. going off duty when dropping and hooking. Then when you are a union man like me and run out of hrs they ask how can you be out of hrs. Meridian is a small town with no good jobs so nobody has any balls out here. Just like a bunch of puppets. And if your not from here look out people find out you work for the big R everything goes up when you buy a house or car, etc etc. So if you are full of greed dont care about the union and roadway is your life. Meridian is for you

I'm glad that someone else sees things the way I do. Wish I had more info on this place before we took the coo. If you talk to union here they won't tell you the truth about things here, they sure didn't us. My husband talked to the steward for the dock on many occasions before we got here, and one thing he was not truthful about was laid off people. He said they had no one on lay off here, but they called 15 guys off lay off the week before coo was implemented that had been laid off since beginning of Jan. Dock has a different person as steward now than they did then, so lets hope for the best. So anyone talking to union here, only believe half, or none. Thanks for having my back on this ca kid.

In Toledo we are wondering when yrc will just pull the plug entirely. If proposed coo goes through our road board will be down to just 93. We were once one of the largest relays in the Co. The freight just keeps rolling past us and around us. We thought we were kind of safe with a major shop. northern Mi. service and Canadian freight. What will happen to 251?

Well once they get the freight volume down to where they can move yellow into that 212 door terminal with you, thats when they will probably stop picking on toledo.

I'm glad that someone else sees things the way I do. Wish I had more info on this place before we took the coo. If you talk to union here they won't tell you the truth about things here, they sure didn't us. My husband talked to the steward for the dock on many occasions before we got here, and one thing he was not truthful about was laid off people. He said they had no one on lay off here, but they called 15 guys off lay off the week before coo was implemented that had been laid off since beginning of Jan. Dock has a different person as steward now than they did then, so lets hope for the best. So anyone talking to union here, only believe half, or none. Thanks for having my back on this ca kid.

No problem Roadway wife I Have triedtalking to some line drivers that have been here .And was told when in rome do what the romans do. Also told them no life with 6 day bids. Their response was its not by choice, but if they would not lie on thir log books, we would not have 6 day bids. And let the junior men work. They are scared like a buch of babys. I will be leaving this wonderfull place soon.

Hello D. I am guessing it is you, if not just let me know. Do you miss 63 and the gang?

What up Paul yea this is D .If I knew the work rules here before I came I would have never came. But then again what work rules. Its a big joke out here. Still talk to some of the gang. Take care.

WANTED: IN MERIDIAN,MS
9 strong unoin members to help clean up the dock/yard/city one board.
Have to many snitches to (management).
Very few are united, we need some unity down here come help us.
only die hard teamsters need to apply.

Welcome to Truckingboards.com Busted! I hope you get the help you need!
Busted Rubber said:

Hello

Welcome to the boards!!!!!

Not missing much!

What up Paul yea this is D .If I knew the work rules here before I came I would have never came. But then again what work rules. Its a big joke out here. Still talk to some of the gang. Take care.
Still the same here, Company is into handing out warning letters again. Mike L. got one for being 3 minutes late? LOL Chad, Gil E. Gilbert A., Ken who is out on Med Jim M are the stewards. They have been winning alot so they are trying to **** everyone off. They still don't get it. But it sounds better than what you got bro. Good Luck. We could still use you out here. Have a Great Day and God Bless. Oh Ya. Some of the guys said howdy after I told them I thought you were on here. Take care.:smilie_132:
Rule.
3)Do Not post anyone's last name under any circumstances here, you can say like "Bob" The TM at Atlanta but do not post his last name please.

Are those numbers for the coo, or just what we have layed off? That looks like the layoff numbers. Stroudsburg is not even involved in the coo as far as I know.
now who needs to get their lazy but into work so he can see that the COO is posted @ stroudsburg and those #s are correct and for the road only so far...there is numbers for the dock and city and switchers throughout but i don't know them.

Boy you are right.busted rubber. Welcome to the boards.

we had a guy go to 457 from 120 as a switcher in the last change, when he got there they put him on the dock and said there was no switcher position. He was told only the senior man was a switcher. When he finished his trailer he could go get a tractor and make his own move. He filed a job class grievance, but he ended up quitting down there because it was so bad.

we had a guy go to 457 from 120 as a switcher in the last change, when he got there they put him on the dock and said there was no switcher position. He was told only the senior man was a switcher. When he finished his trailer he could go get a tractor and make his own move. He filed a job class grievance, but he ended up quitting down there because it was so bad.
He came back to 120 with no seniority and know laid off.

now who needs to get their lazy but into work so he can see that the COO is posted @ stroudsburg and those #s are correct and for the road only so far...there is numbers for the dock and city and switchers throughout but i don't know them.
Hey razr.......here's what I've got for 120.........
-39 Drivers
-14 Dock
-4 switchers
-5 mechanics
I hope this helps. DS.

Still the same here, Company is into handing out warning letters again. Mike L. got one for being 3 minutes late? LOL Chad, Gil E. Gilbert A., Ken who is out on Med Jim M are the stewards. They have been winning alot so they are trying to **** everyone off. They still don't get it. But it sounds better than what you got bro. Good Luck. We could still use you out here. Have a Great Day and God Bless. Oh Ya. Some of the guys said howdy after I told them I thought you were on here. Take care.:smilie_132:
Rule.
3)Do Not post anyone's last name under any circumstances here, you can say like "Bob" The TM at Atlanta but do not post his last name please.

Good to here from you brother. Yea its hell out here. Dont even think the people out here know what a contract book is.Tell everybody I said hi. Take care bro.

Been told by some people the transfered last change to the dock, they got people so scared telling them 10 minute breaks only, If you get hurt on the job use your homeowners insurance. Like a bunch of card carying sca-- they go along with it.But its hard to do anyting when the union wont back you