Yellow | Roadway Coo Hot off the press

if a Roadway driver knows anything its no longer a trade secret or hidden memo. Just saying post a link if its a liability issue.

you can read it and post what it says in your own words but you can't post an inter office memo word for word.

about 457-meridian

If you are having thoughts of coming to meridian to work the road, I have heard no complaints from anyone about that. There are good runs, and good money to be made. And from what I have read in the contract, the road drivers are very well taken care of. If a road driver gets laid off and there is someone in the southern conference that is working with less senority than them they can bump that person to layoff and cantinue to work from another domicile. That in itself is a plus to the road drivers i have talked to. But they run a hog board here, which means senior man ready to go on board goes out first.

Thats The Bolingbrook Terminal Brand New. Can't Figure How To Upload Pictures Tried But Can't Get It To Work So That's The Best I Can Do.

If you are having thoughts of coming to meridian to work the road, I have heard no complaints from anyone about that. There are good runs, and good money to be made. And from what I have read in the contract, the road drivers are very well taken care of. If a road driver gets laid off and there is someone in the southern conference that is working with less senority than them they can bump that person to layoff and cantinue to work from another domicile. That in itself is a plus to the road drivers i have talked to. But they run a hog board here, which means senior man ready to go on board goes out first.

thanks do you know where i would stand with 21 years

We do here at 671 teamster108. Each classification has it own seniority list. There is no such thing as "super seniority" at 671 unless you are getting layed off. Then you can immediately but into another classification where you have the seniority and bump a junior guy into layoff. This exception does not include the road though.

Toxic, just out of curiousity where would 11 yrs seniority get someone who transfered down by you guys?I know you have 3 lists but just a general idea in regards to start times and seniority.

Roaway wife is right. I am a road driver in meridian. You make good money here if your not into having a life. All bids are 6 days a week.Most of them cant run 6days legal, but greed has taken over here. People are not logging pretrip post trip. going off duty when dropping and hooking. Then when you are a union man like me and run out of hrs they ask how can you be out of hrs. Meridian is a small town with no good jobs so nobody has any balls out here. Just like a bunch of puppets. And if your not from here look out people find out you work for the big R everything goes up when you buy a house or car, etc etc. So if you are full of greed dont care about the union and roadway is your life. Meridian is for you

just some numbers.last change akron was +12 now-26,chat +4 now-6,columbus+43 now-20,st louis+1now-15.I think:Bondage: the engineers need to go back to school.come ride with me I'll show them how the road really works.Any body can sit behind a computer all day and make up runs.look at me I'm just a dumb truck driver and I can push buttons to.But it takes training to drive a truck.I am self taught to push buttons.

Toxic, just out of curiousity where would 11 yrs seniority get someone who transfered down by you guys?I know you have 3 lists but just a general idea in regards to start times and seniority.
PM me your email address and I will send you a .pdf of the P&D Seniority List. As for the dock and the switchers I can't say. It has been so long since I have looked at there list. But off the top of my head 11 years will put you the bottom 1/3 to 1/2 area I think.

Roaway wife is right. I am a road driver in meridian. You make good money here if your not into having a life. All bids are 6 days a week.Most of them cant run 6days legal, but greed has taken over here. People are not logging pretrip post trip. going off duty when dropping and hooking. Then when you are a union man like me and run out of hrs they ask how can you be out of hrs. Meridian is a small town with no good jobs so nobody has any balls out here. Just like a bunch of puppets. And if your not from here look out people find out you work for the big R everything goes up when you buy a house or car, etc etc. So if you are full of greed dont care about the union and roadway is your life. Meridian is for you

Are you sure you arent talking about Dallas?

Are you sure you arent talking about Dallas?

No Meridian is a breed of their own. I ran Dallas, at least they stand up to management. But the whole southern conference is week. Came from western conference last change, not perfect but the difference is night and day. I must have been on some good crack to come here. Oh I forgot they have one topless bar here 4 dancers when i went all of but 1 was butt ugly and the decent one smiled and was missing two teeth

Our local didn't receive the notice until Wed and it was posted the same day. According to the numbers......
Road had more gainers +259 -232
Dock was even at 190 men
Switchers were even at 49 men
Mechanics were even at 11 men

We must remember these are proposed numbers and may change after the Feb. 12th meeting with RDWY. DS.

In Toledo we are wondering when yrc will just pull the plug entirely. If proposed coo goes through our road board will be down to just 93. We were once one of the largest relays in the Co. The freight just keeps rolling past us and around us. We thought we were kind of safe with a major shop. northern Mi. service and Canadian freight. What will happen to 251?

At 547 Springfield R84 we were pretty big at one time then whiitled down to 77 drivers up to 82 with proposed change could be up to 89 still a far cry from where we were a few years back.

Started 11 yrs ago at 313 when it was new.
We hit a high of 230 on the dock/p&d board. I started at 138 seniority, now I'm 78 and had a better bid back then. After this COO our board will be 148.
And believe me the knife isn't done yet. I'm sure the future will have more cuts and we will no longer be a break bulk but just a city op.

does anyone have a flow chart how the freight will move? where is the company going with this change? premium service? 1, 2 or three day service?