Holland | Rumor or Fact, you be the judge.

Yes Grizz, they are going to move everything to Memphis this a seasonal move don't you know. Long range forecast for midwest is snow and ice . Just looking at cost and adding some more miles on that freight!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Grizz, they are going to move everything to Memphis this a seasonal move don't you know. Long range forecast for midwest is snow and ice . Just looking at cost and adding some more miles on that freight!!!!!!!!!!
Seasonal my rear end. I just didn't start
here yesterday. You and I both know the reason.

I saw a post on Estes board asking why they were hireing ,Let me tell you what I saw.

I have been working in the city,I was at one stop and I was talking to an Este's driver,Nice guyI might add.
He said he had been with them for years and now was only getting 35 hours a week.I went to my next stop ,and I saw another Este's driver there,I started talking to him,also a nice guy,But I couldnt help notice that this guy was up in years,70 years old to be exact.I thought he would be ready to retire,but to my supprise he had just been hired two months ago.He said he was at a low pay scale at Este's like a casual might be at a union company,But with his social security added in he could get by.So this is just a thought what might be going on over there and the answer to the post they had up as to why they are hireing.I didnt want to put it on their board because it might offend someone or they might think I was trying to flame them ,But this is a true story.It looks like to me that in order to under cut us now that weare on the same feild they are going to load up on cheap help and starve there guys outthat are making the higher wadge.I hope for all the nice guys that work for Este'e that it dosent happen but with out a contract or senority there they can work who ever they want and if a guy will work for $10.00 an hour who do you think will be working?
I wish them the best of luck over there .There are a lot of good guys working there.

ATTENTION ALL HOLLAND MEMBERS: Doing away with Utility bids. (Rumor or Fact?)

I heard that in October they were going to do away with the utility bids? way to much damage with all the extra handling,and slowing down the service by days.Turning over night runs into two and 3 day lanes .I wonder how many millions they spent on this brain fart? This company did nothing but make money for 80 years,Same with RoadWay and New Penn and in the corse of 3 years one idiot has us all on the brink of disaster,Maybe we could start pulling long tripples next,with progressive loading!:TR10driving03:

P:S make sure you load them High and Tight we need more claims!!!!!!!!!!!

The Devil already owns us. so a new owner has to be better.... but I bet the union will agree to keep the all the givebacks intack.

Guys see what you can find out on this one? I'll leave it here for a couple of days and see if it can be confirmed. For now this is only a rumor but since it's important to find out if this is true, it doesn't have to go to the Rumor Thread, yet.

I heard that in October they were going to do away with the utility bids? way to much damage with all the extra handling,and slowing down the service by days.Turning over night runs into two and 3 day lanes .I wonder how many millions they spent on this brain fart? This company did nothing but make money for 80 years,Same with RoadWay and New Penn and in the corse of 3 years one idiot has us all on the brink of disaster,Maybe we could start pulling long tripples next,with progressive loading!:TR10driving03:

This should be put in the same column as there hiring road drivers in South Bend.

hay guys havent been on here in a while.been on the road with another co.since iv"e been laid off for a 1.5 years. but heard from a non-union co.they were hireing like crazy because.in 90 days they were closeing all yrc co if they could not get there loans.this guy is a front line for this co.i would say who. but he is a friend and he said out of respect to our co. and all of yrc.to leave it at that.good luck to all and god bless.