Yellow | San Antonio Updates

Did Local 41 object to this change? (Roadway Side)

Was wanting to know if anyone from Local 41 challenged the change, or did they rubber stamp it also?

Final post from San Antonio .....The final ruling will come out to ALL Locals on a TITAN message to be posted within 6 days from now.

It will cover the numbers, Local workrules and issues at your barns....it has been a good learning experience...it was good to see STLDude and to meet ZippersBS....but it was something that we all will be affected by....and I pray it all works out for the good....it is our future!.....
Im heading back to the land of
BullDawgs and Coca Colas....KK
Thanks to you Kid for the close to "real time" reporting of the Change of Operations for us guys at Yellow, Roadway, and Holland! Not only are you a good local union official, you understand the need for RANK AND FILE POWER! Thanks again from all your brother and sister Teamsters on the North Coast!:smilie_132:

kk did they decide whether or not a dock worker could bid another location thats gaining u e drivers? Appreciate any input. Z-man

This info is second hand but I will post it and if anyone that was there thinks its not accurate please say so. I spoke to a good friend of mine that was at the change and he tells me that about 95% of the Locals rolled over and agreed with the coo's as submitted. He tells me that I should be proud of my Local guys Dan V.and Carlos R. they without dought were the only ones that got right in the companies rear end trying to get protection on the coo's for both the road and local class. From what he told me at some point during the roadway coo Carlos started M Fing them when they would not give him an answerer on questions that he was asking.Even the head Labor man for YRC got it.On the Yellow Change Carlos showed were the company was inflating productivity on the dock numbers and they had to increase the number of people that could go to Harrisburg. On the Roadway coo he also challenged the numbers on the number the company said should be lost on dock and yard in Harrisburg but could not get them changed although he tells me that Tyson said they would hold jurisdiction for a year and if the company tried to hire in Harrisburg they would have to allow people to move back.He tells me that after labor man made his opening statement and asked if anyone had question the only one that spoke up was Dan V. and questioned when they were going to get rid off YRC's ceo Zollars.Before he runs the rest of whats left into the ground. He said that if not for those 2 the companies would have skated trough the changes like nothing was wrong.

Why doesn't that surprise me??? I am sure that I will here a different side in CNC but I will still know the truth...

kk did they decide whether or not a dock worker could bid another location thats gaining u e drivers? Appreciate any input. Z-man

KK is obviously very busy, so let me answer that. Article 8 Section 6 says you can bid on these jobs, and you have sixty(60) days to get qualified. The training period starts on the day you become a successful bidder, and the company must provide training personnel and equipment at the location where you are currently domiciled. If you fail to qualify, you forfeit your right to fill the bid and you remain on the seniority list at your current domicile.

Get er done!

KK is obviously very busy, so let me answer that. Article 8 Section 6 says you can bid on these jobs, and you have sixty(60) days to get qualified. The training period starts on the day you become a successful bidder, and the company must provide training personnel and equipment at the location where you are currently domiciled. If you fail to qualify, you forfeit your right to fill the bid and you remain on the seniority list at your current domicile.

Thanks Larry! I like the part "THE COMPANY MUST PROVIDE TRAINING PERSONNEL"!!! Get er done!

Thanks Larry for the response, I'm already cdl qualified i was worried they wouldn't let me leave to a ue job. thanks z-man

toby....on the money on what you were told....the PA Locals stood up for their members...there was a lot of MF going around.
My Local is on the recorded as opposing the COO....even though we are a + on the road.
We are -23 on dock....all lovals asked for their members to follow their work....we will see what is written in a few days....kk

Ted R. stood up for his members too!...I was there as he was pleading with the Committee to save the ATL work for CNC....kk

Ted R. stood up for his members too!...I was there as he was pleading with the Committee to save the ATL work for CNC....kk