Yellow | San Antonio Updates

Just got back into Detroit, it was great to meet you Kennesaw Kid, you did a helluva job down there (next time i'll bring my laptop). That husband & wife question about transferring was excellent, you sure had the company scratching their heads. Your right about the LCP guys, they held the companies feet to the fire, their guys were well represented. If this COO is accepted (which I belive will happen) we here @ 299 didn't get everything we wanted, we still ended up with 8 destination bids (something we've never had) & we are not gaining any drivers (we went from a +2 to a 0) & are on record also opposing this COO.

I hope you had a safe fight home & an unadventourous one, it could have been as bad as, i believe local 24, who's plane was hit by lightning on the way out there. Hope to meet ya again under better circumstances, great job you made your local proud.

move to wait by the phone

The contract says, If you are on layoff status, on 4/1/08, after the coo, if any terminals have any openings that have not been filled, you can bid on the opening and if you get the position, you take your company senority and job, but you have to pay for your own move. Which isn't a bad deal if you have 1 or 2 years senority and would like to move and have a job when you get there.
You may have a job after moving under a COO or Work Opportunity to a new domicile, but there is no assurance there will be work!

You may have a job after moving under a COO or Work Opportunity to a new domicile, but there is no assurance there will be work!

Very well put, exactly what I would expect from a charter member of ECI!! :1036316054: :smilie_132:

Very well put, exactly what I would expect from a charter member of ECI!! :1036316054: :smilie_132:

As Yellow MOD, I think I should approve the official ECI logo, before you guys are allowed to display it on your profiles. Of course I'm just an Arrogant Fool, so what do I know.

A key note made at the COO meetings. The 4/1/08 is a hire date to be invovled in this COO & not an active/inactive date. Tyson was aware of the laid off drivers being brought back then laid off & back and forth. The active/inactive date will be established by the committee & these practices by the company will be considered in their decision.

Thanks Larry! I like the part "THE COMPANY MUST PROVIDE TRAINING PERSONNEL"!!! Get er done!

It is one of those side agreements not specified in the contract. It is the "throw them to the wolves" policy. That is what they have always used here, I'm sure it applies throughout the company.

No way in hell. Who do you think you are, George Bush?

LOL,

Nope, if I was him, I'd declare ya'll subversives and put you on a terrorist watch list. Then I'd covertly spread the word that the Teamsters have a covert terrorist arm called the ECI. I'd demand a multi million dollar emergency appropriation from congress to deal w/ya'll, give the contracts to my friends' companies for expediancy, then make sure they were the only ones to have the info for the competitive re-bid the GAO would require. We wouldn't bother ya'll though, just spend millions looking around.

LOL,

Nope, if I was him, I'd declare ya'll subversives and put you on a terrorist watch list. Then I'd covertly spread the word that the Teamsters have a covert terrorist arm called the ECI. I'd demand a multi million dollar emergency appropriation from congress to deal w/ya'll, give the contracts to my friends' companies for expediancy, then make sure they were the only ones to have the info for the competitive re-bid the GAO would require. We wouldn't bother ya'll though, just spend millions looking around.

After having been on so many s**t lists over the years, being on a terrorist watch list just might be a upgrade for me!! :hysterical: :hysterical:

LOL,

Well you definitely understand the MO. But being ECI's, we naturally have connections, it's in our title. You just might not be able to pull this off.:tongue1: