FedEx Freight | Scumbags

So I am understanding correctly: No one at a union shop ever gets fired? And no one at a union shop ever gets fired because a fellow employee (and union member) ratted them out for some violation? Union guys are just as much of an opportunist and snake as the next guy.

People are people no matter where ya go.
But the big difference is that we have a contract and FEDEX doesn't. They can do what they want. Our company can try to do what they want but we have legalities that can be pushed to stop certain things.
A member can be brought up on charges for ding what you said. By the member in question and possiblly the union. At least in our bylaws i beleive it is stated. I can look it up and maybe post it.

So I am understanding correctly: No one at a union shop ever gets fired? And no one at a union shop ever gets fired because a fellow employee (and union member) ratted them out for some violation? Union guys are just as much of an opportunist and snake as the next guy.

The name at the bottom of the paper I am using here is Cleary & Josem LLP

RULES GOVERNING MEMBER v. MEMBER CHARGES

Under the National Labor Relations Act, a distinction is made between union action taken because an employee, upon request, gives information to his or her employer. In particular, where an employee initiates a report to management regarding another employee's misconduct in an entirely voluntary way, and the report is the first information management has of the events in question, internal union action against the member (such as bringing the member up on charges and fining the member under the Union Constitution) is permitted. ON the other hand, a union may not take action against a member because the member cooperates with the grievance machinery. COoperation with the grievance machinery, in the view of the NLRB, includes the giving of a statement to the employer, at the employer's request, when the employee knows that the statement may be used as a basis for discipline by the employer of another employee.

In light of the above,

1) A Union may NOT take action against a member because the member testifies against another member in an arbitration hearing;

2) A Union may NOT take action against a member because the member gives a written or oral statement at the request of the Employer in support of the employer's disciplinary action against another member,

3) A Union MAY take action against a member for intiating a report to the employer regarding another employee's misconduct in an entirely voluntary way, and the report is the first information management has of the events in question;

4) A Union MAY take action against a member for reporting to a supervisor that another member reporting to a supervisor that another member had an alcoholic beverage at his/her work station;

5) A Union MAY take action against a member for giving perjured testimony at an arbitration hearing, BUT ONLY where the perjury has been established by a forum other than the internal union procedure (such as Court).

FINALLY, EVEN IF THE UNION IS PERMITTED TO TAKE ACTION (SUCH AS BY FINING THE MEMBER), THE UNION MAY NOT AFFECT THE EMPLOYEE'S JOB.

Welcome to the LTL world..haha . The extraboard guy below me tells me all the time he cant wait for me to quit or graduate college so he can take my spot and my tractor..I tell him just about another year and he can have it all. We run some super long meets out of my barn and the mid level guys all are dying for the old guys to quit. Me I honestly dont care about stepping on others to move up.

My point exactly! Who in the hell has the nerve to say something like this to a fellow driver who's above him/her on the board!?

Yeah,we have some low seniority guys that have a sense of entitlement. They haven't grasped the fact that they get what's left after the senior guys pick in almost every aspect of work.

Snitching is at a all time high around here! Point blank! I've never seen it go this bad since the buyout back in the day(Fedex acquires A.F). All I can say is the guys that were back on the board back yonder(Old A.F Roadboard) were patient and still valued whatever run and seniority they held without being in the top 5. I'm pretty sure alot of u old Viking/Watkins hands would say the same b4 the buyout too! Like I said a long time ago, the morale and respect around here now is just terrible! Point blank!....I've seen dropped rear boxes(legs not down), yanked air-lines when pulling away from a trlr, folks side swipe and gouge the trailer that they were trying to back along side, over filled fuel tanks at the fuel island that left a river puddle and all...IT NEVER WAS IN ME TO GO TELL MGMT ON THEM..EVEN IF I HATED THE DRIVERS GUTS. What in the hell does someone get out of doing that is what I'm trying to figure out to this day! Some of these guys remind me of the kids back in grade school who always volunteered to take names down of who talked in class when the teacher went to the office...lol

100% agreed. Throw anybody under the bus.....what comes around goes around futhersmuckers! Everybody will face the music one day.

Yeah,we have some low seniority guys that have a sense of entitlement. They haven't grasped the fact that they get what's left after the senior guys pick in almost every aspect of work.

or you can fraternize with the tm and ops manager outside of work and get to do whatever you want..dictate your start times, leave the hub before everyone else, work as much overtime as you want

Uhhhh . . . are you sure you don't have that backwards . . . I mean a "sense of entitlement" comes from always having everything your way. So if you are high in seniority and feel you are "entitled" to certain perks on the job.

Think about it

Uhhhh . . . are you sure you don't have that backwards . . . I mean a "sense of entitlement" comes from always having everything your way. So if you are high in seniority and feel you are "entitled" to certain perks on the job.

Think about it

RC thinks fartknocker hit it right on the head as "sense of entitlement" is defined as:
An unrealistic, unmerited, or inappropriate expectation of favorable treatment at the hands of others.
RC has seen this. RC has seen a punk a$$ just finished truck driving school dock driver come in on a Sunday and take the newest 25 yr trophy truck to the rail yard just because there wasn't anyone there to stop him. We've all seen the guy that just started last year think he should be catered to. RC just shakes his head and thinks.
That's ok, a$$hole, the snow is coming and RC won't have any problem at all leaving your sorry a$$ in the snow.

Snitching is at a all time high around here! Some of these guys remind me of the kids back in grade school who always volunteered to take names down of who talked in class when the teacher went to the office...lol

RC is old enough that snitches and tattle tales were dealt with in a timely manner.
There's a reason behind the bumper stickers that say "my kid beat up your Honor Roll student".
Recess was for taking care of business.
Back then, taking care of business was worth the hour in the Principal's office and the swats with the ruler.

RC thinks fartknocker hit it right on the head as "sense of entitlement" is defined as:
An unrealistic, unmerited, or inappropriate expectation of favorable treatment at the hands of others.
RC has seen this. RC has seen a punk a$$ just finished truck driving school dock driver come in on a Sunday and take the newest 25 yr trophy truck to the rail yard just because there wasn't anyone there to stop him. We've all seen the guy that just started last year think he should be catered to. RC just shakes his head and thinks.
That's ok, a$$hole, the snow is coming and RC won't have any problem at all leaving your sorry a$$ in the snow.

Yes ,that's what I meant. These guys come in and have no comprehensive of seniority.

And then there's the 20+ year guys who think their feces don't stink. Had a 20 year driver announce his impending retirement in my barn. He told me the center manager "is going to have to hire 3 drivers to do the job I do". I immediately responded: "That explains why I saw the center manager interviewing Larry, Curly and Moe the other day". He was not amused. Everyone else standing around laughed themselves silly.

ST

Call the Hall and get the ball rolling before ya get yourselves in trouble. The lowlifes aint worth it. Their wrecking the trade the staes the country and the world. Call and organize and fix this friggin mess please.

Call the Hall and get the ball rolling before ya get yourselves in trouble. The lowlifes aint worth it. Their wrecking the trade the staes the country and the world. Call and organize and fix this friggin mess please.

So, I'm supposed to fix your union? Go fix the problem yourself.

We have drivers that have went to management to sell out drivers for complaints as petty as bad language, and have lied to get their hooks early to screw others. And your going to tell me this won't happen if were union ? These are the same drivers that are telling everyone that we need to go union. I trust the union as much as I trust these snakes.

If New Penn goes down due to YRC think I'll take welfare. ITs either that or jail. I dont feel I'd have the patience for the kind of nonsense you guys deal with on a dailly basis. I'M feeling to old for little kid girlie games that ratba****** play...Too much relies on the paycheck for people to act the way they do. THe country is a mess. Everybody for themselves. Eventually alot of people who act that way do themselves in. THe long arm of justice eventually catches up. I dont't know if i have the patience to wait....so welfare would be better than working with rats. Thank God for the closed shop. Not perfect but better than a den of vipers and rats.

Man what a mindset! You actually exist with this way of thinking? You HAVE TO BE miserable! And from your many posts it's obvious you just radiate "negative" at every turn. Good god man seek some help, new friends, or some counseling. Get well soon....Yikes :sadwavey: