FedEx Freight | Scumbags

LMFAO! Reading that, underneath that avatar of Fred is effin priceless.

So you're saying you believe in violence? I disagree with snitching, yet believe in Karma. Your post would lead me to believe you think violent vigilanty actions are justified. Say it isn't so! Say you don't believe in vandalism, violence and a rush to judgement without trial!

Of course, if you agree with my opinion that Karma is a female canine, you're going to disown the Teamsters....they've always believed in violence..."Busting Heads" is their favorite term....

ST Calling you out.....

So you're saying you believe in violence? I disagree with snitching, yet believe in Karma. Your post would lead me to believe you think violent vigilanty actions are justified. Say it isn't so! Say you don't believe in vandalism, violence and a rush to judgement without trial!

Of course, if you agree with my opinion that Karma is a female canine, you're going to disown the Teamsters....they've always believed in violence..."Busting Heads" is their favorite term...

ST Calling you out.....

Oh no! I've been put on blast by ST for thinking a violent sentence mixed with a Fred Flinstone cartoon is funny. Whatever will I do? ST, if your viewpoint is what happens after 30 years with this company, remind me to resign at 25, will ya? Stop trying so hard to paint us all as thugs. It's making you look like a company goon.

And tell me this, oh witty one.. why in the hell am I being questioned for laughing at something? Why aren't you calling out the OP? Your bias is deafening.

Union drivers are the biggest rat crybabies in any company. Doesn't matter anyway, unions are on the way out,just a matter of time.

Are there really people in this company that will do anything to move up in seniority? Like telling on drivers when they screw up. Filling statements out against other drivers. What kind of ****balls work here? Sorry for the language on here. But I don't understand why people are like that. Why would anyone want to see people lose their jobs? Sickos, that's who. People that wish bad things on people have some serious mental issues of their own.

we have a guy that used to turn off gas on forklifts and one day we got him back and at lunch we laugh our tails off at him. He went to TM and we all got our butts chewd. I hate that guy.

At our barn the problem isn't the lower guys trying to rat out guys above them. We have 2 high seniority drivers who do nothing but harass drivers beneath them. Our barn is really a decent place to work, with the exception of these 2 guys. Well the the karma train finally pulled into the station. Evidently, a number of drivers dropped a dime on these 2 guys skipping our SCM and going to his boss directly. That guy called our SCM wanting to know what the hell was going on at our place. Supposedly both of these guys are on written warning and one more problem with either and they are gone. Both of these guys have no self control and it's only a matter of time. If these 2 guys go, the moral at our place would increase 1000%.

Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me. Prime example of what goes on everywhere here. Keep one thing in mind...watch what you do and say...no one at fedex is your friend.....esp if they are below you.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me. Prime example of what goes on everywhere here. Keep one thing in mind...watch what you do and say...no one at fedex is your friend.....esp if they are below you.

I disagree. While I would be happy to see those 2 morons go, I am doing nothing to actively facilitate it.

At the "ConJob", ratting on each other is not only encouraged, its mandated by policy. They call it, "Having the courage to call out a co-worker on any issue you think is wrong".....called by any other name, a Snitch, is a Snitch......

I wasn't necessarily referring to you but who ever ratted on the two guys, basically becoming them.

I do think there is a difference between ratting a guy out because you seen him bump a dock to hard or something similar versus talking to management because someone is being personally abusive. The first is really not anyone's business but being abused for no reason is not acceptable. I am talking about guys that get verbally abused almost everyday. That was the reason these 2 guys were "ratted" out. If it was a redshirt abusing a driver, we would not hesitate to call HR or the redshirt's boss to handle the situation and it should be the same standard if it is another driver doing the abusing. I'm sure some would say that the driver being abused needs to "man up" and handle it, but if there is a confrontation, likely both parties are being terminated. Nobody should have to put up that kind of crap.

I do think there is a difference between ratting a guy out because you seen him bump a dock to hard or something similar versus talking to management because someone is being personally abusive. The first is really not anyone's business but being abused for no reason is not acceptable. I am talking about guys that get verbally abused almost everyday. That was the reason these 2 guys were "ratted" out. If it was a redshirt abusing a driver, we would not hesitate to call HR or the redshirt's boss to handle the situation and it should be the same standard if it is another driver doing the abusing. I'm sure some would say that the driver being abused needs to "man up" and handle it, but if there is a confrontation, likely both parties are being terminated. Nobody should have to put up that kind of crap.

Yeah..very true.

OK I'm gonna say something unpopular here, and I've got my flame-proof pants, so do your worst. Let me get this straight, someone reporting an incident or accident, or reporting someone dicking around on the clock, making me work harder to pick up their slack is unprofessional and what's killing the profession of being an ltl freight hauler? I'm not gonna snitch on someone for sneaking out to the parking lot for a smoke before they hit the dock, but if I saw someone damage a truck or trailer or someone else's property, then I think, because of my faith, morally I'm obligated to say something. Not to benefit myself or to get someone in trouble, but because its the right thing to do. Think of it like this, say you're in your car and you're hit by another truck and the guy tries to run. What are you gonna do, let him go and pay for the damage yourself, or are you gonna get his truck and trailer number, then call the police and your insurance company and his company? Your property is just as valuable as someone else's, and the bottom line is that all actions have consequences, either good or bad depending on the circumstances. The same goes with stealing time, I'm not gonna let someone slack off on the clock and pick up his slack. We're all hired to do a job and we get a paycheck for it. You agreed to take the job, you agreed to the work it involves. We had a problem at Con-way with guys taking 30 minutes or more on the fuel island washing the truck they drove in the city when they were supposed to be on the dock. What should you do, let them continue to get away with screwing off and working harder to cover for them or are you gonna say something to the boss? I refuse to do someone else's work for them, and besides they are not doing the job they are supposed to be doing, and agreed to do by accepting the job. Now there's grey area in everything, but common sense and your moral compass (if you have one) should make it glaringly obvious as to what action should be taken in each situation. Trailers get scratched from time to time, it's like a pickup bed-scratches add character, but if you put a big ol' scratch on a truck or knock off a mirror, or damage a customer's property, then something should be done. And if I'm the guy that did the damage, I should be man enough to own up to my mistake and accept whatever consequences come with it.

OK I'm gonna say something unpopular here, and I've got my flame-proof pants, so do your worst. Let me get this straight, someone reporting an incident or accident, or reporting someone dicking around on the clock, making me work harder to pick up their slack is unprofessional and what's killing the profession of being an ltl freight hauler? I'm not gonna snitch on someone for sneaking out to the parking lot for a smoke before they hit the dock, but if I saw someone damage a truck or trailer or someone else's property, then I think, because of my faith, morally I'm obligated to say something. Not to benefit myself or to get someone in trouble, but because its the right thing to do. Think of it like this, say you're in your car and you're hit by another truck and the guy tries to run. What are you gonna do, let him go and pay for the damage yourself, or are you gonna get his truck and trailer number, then call the police and your insurance company and his company? Your property is just as valuable as someone else's, and the bottom line is that all actions have consequences, either good or bad depending on the circumstances. The same goes with stealing time, I'm not gonna let someone slack off on the clock and pick up his slack. We're all hired to do a job and we get a paycheck for it. You agreed to take the job, you agreed to the work it involves. We had a problem at Con-way with guys taking 30 minutes or more on the fuel island washing the truck they drove in the city when they were supposed to be on the dock. What should you do, let them continue to get away with screwing off and working harder to cover for them or are you gonna say something to the boss? I refuse to do someone else's work for them, and besides they are not doing the job they are supposed to be doing, and agreed to do by accepting the job. Now there's grey area in everything, but common sense and your moral compass (if you have one) should make it glaringly obvious as to what action should be taken in each situation. Trailers get scratched from time to time, it's like a pickup bed-scratches add character, but if you put a big ol' scratch on a truck or knock off a mirror, or damage a customer's property, then something should be done. And if I'm the guy that did the damage, I should be man enough to own up to my mistake and accept whatever consequences come with it.

When it comes to guys dicking around at the fuel island it makes no difference to me as long as they are not on the clock. If they aren't being paid, then if they want to sit around for free, I really don't care. More hours and pay for me. I would definitely have a problem if they were on the clock. Going out for a smoke is one thing. Hiding in the yard for an hour on the clock is quite another. There were a couple of guys fired at CGT about 4 months ago because they would check in, punch in, and then go out and drop and fuel.............big no-no.

You do have a bit of a point when it comes to damaging property. I'm just not sure where the line is. In my previous example, ratting on a guy because you think he bumped the dock to hard is probably excessive, but it's not for me to say how much damage is enough to make a call, so unless he is ramming into equipment I am driving or pulling, I'm likely to mind my own business.

Its not your job to worry about what those guys aren't doing on the dock. Managing and supervising manpower is management's job. Let them earn their money.

Honestly I agree the guys dicking around are wrong, but it seems to me if you were doing your job you would be too busy to notice them. It sounds like someone with a chip on his shoulder minding everybody else's buisness. I don't know you of course, but it just comes across as childish and petty. It reminds me of riding in the backseat of the car with my siblings as a child and fighting over one inch of space.