TForce | Should UPSFREIGHT be Nonunion?

BUTTONMAN74 said:
know for a fact,up here in upstate ny,memers are going out know with 30 & out at any age at $5800.00/$6000.00 a month easy,buddy of mine next door at the 'BIG R' retired last may at 50/51 years old with his 30 years of service and showed me his pension printout at the locals yearly clambake,which the pension fund acctuaries always come to,with their laptops,and pull a print out for members interested in what their print out,years of service would be,it's also ,I believe,a union rule,that once a month,or week,if I remember right,a printout must be posted in plain view,on a union bullItin board, employees names,and what the company paid into for the employees pension/health &welfare contributions for either the week/month, any help on this,CFER,ANIMO,T251,if you can,to verify,or correct me ,on this,thanks.:bgroovy: :wavey: :cool: :tribehasspoken:

It's once a month for me BUTTONMAN. It shows all hours paid into the fund by the company on my behalf. I can also go to the Fund's website to check my hours there

I know some of the back and forth feelings all big O's might be having, I was with dugan 11 yrs before our demise. Man I was sick with worry for my family, should we go union or not? I was for it, even led a campain at Joplin a year earlier. Well Dugan was shut down Holland took over and It's like night and day,working for a union company is so much nicer. I no longer worry about having a job tomorrow as long as the trucking industrie stays strong my future looks good. I have my pension also a 401k of my own and social security to retire on. If I may give you one warning no matter which way you decide respect eachothers right to his opion, when it's all over you still have to work side by side good luck to you all.:soapbox:

jjincks said:
If I may give you one warning no matter which way you decide respect each others right to his opion, when it's all over you still have to work side by side good luck to you all.:soapbox:
A very good point .... and I hope all who reads this understands that you must work together now and in the future. The companies want the workers to be divided, don't allow them to accomplish their goal.
Some have already decided, others want information, but allow those know want to make an informed decision to do so without the harassment that some posters have resorted too.... on both sides.

Gotta agree with jjinks and flst as far as letting all involved make their own decision without the all capped,unpunctuated,name calling rants......He who accuses anyone who doesn't share his point of view of eating paint chips sems to have a little residual damage from something stronger

bad habit said:
Gotta agree with jjinks and flst as far as letting all involved make their own decision without the all capped,unpunctuated,name calling rants......He who accuses anyone who doesn't share his point of view of eating paint chips sems to have a little residual damage from something stronger
Bad Habit,
WHAT? LOL Can't get the gist of that one, I'm trying though. Turn my truck down now I can't even out run Swift, Where is that horse I have some oats!!!!

ex-dugancity said:
I believe that if ups wanted a union ltl they would have bought usf.

USF isn't a seperate company. They were a seperte corporation of several comapnies. Besides they have been owed by Yellow/Roadway corp for over a year now.
The Yellow/USF deal was done longer before UPS started shopping for a LTL

Teamster251 said:
USF isn't a seperate company. They were a seperte corporation of several comapnies. Besides they have been owed by Yellow/Roadway corp for over a year now.
The Yellow/USF deal was done longer before UPS started shopping for a LTL
Teamster251 I have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind and have a minute. Would you have been happier if UPS would have purchased a UNION company like USF? What are your feelings towards Overnite employees before UPS acquired Overnite? and last but not least. Will you hold a grudge against UPSF employees for staying NON-Union?

greezy trucker said:
Bad Habit,
WHAT? LOL Can't get the gist of that one, I'm trying though. Turn my truck down now I can't even out run Swift, Where is that horse I have some oats!!!!
we gotta lot's of horses out there,their all over,a whole stampede of horses:deal: :sumo: :Pick-Me: :waycool:

CFer said:
It's once a month for me BUTTONMAN. It shows all hours paid into the fund by the company on my behalf. I can also go to the Fund's website to check my hours there
thanks,CFER,thought it was one or the other:cool: :bgroovy: :smilie_132: :cool:

::
jjincks said:
I know some of the back and forth feelings all big O's might be having, I was with dugan 11 yrs before our demise. Man I was sick with worry for my family, should we go union or not? I was for it, even led a campain at Joplin a year earlier. Well Dugan was shut down Holland took over and It's like night and day,working for a union company is so much nicer. I no longer worry about having a job tomorrow as long as the trucking industrie stays strong my future looks good. I have my pension also a 401k of my own and social security to retire on. If I may give you one warning no matter which way you decide respect eachothers right to his opion, when it's all over you still have to work side by side good luck to you all.
congradulations ,jjinks,Holland is a very well run outfit,from what I've always heard,don't think you've got too much to worry about as far as job security.your right about everyone respecting each others opinions,i think everyone here geniuenly tries to,sometimes:stirthepot: emotions run high,tempers flair,debates get heated,turn into arruegments,but I don't really think anyone on here is really out to hurt anybody.:wavey: just human nature,and we're all humans,RIGHT!:cool: :bgroovy:

mud-flap said:
also in the meeting our terminal manager said that all the teamsters want is money for the teamster pension that he said is going broke
Well thats what he has been trained to say..he is a robot..he knows if he wants to keep his job ,he better pound us with all the BS he can..But make no mistake they have nothing but BS to say..They are not looking out for your but at all..:chairshot:

just-me said:
Well thats what he has been trained to say..he is a robot..he knows if he wants to keep his job ,he better pound us with all the BS he can..But make no mistake they have nothing but BS to say..They are not looking out for your butt at all..:
wonder how long that they figure they will keep their jobs,they can't really think'their UPS MATERIAL' can they,this pack of incompetents:nutkick: :chairshot::biglaugh: :rofl2:,morons that could'nt manage a mcdonalds in ethiopia,pathetic morons.

:bet when everthing is said &done,alot of T/M's & dispatchers will be surely wishink that they could be TEAMSTERS:nutkick: I don't believe that they can handle pressure UPS style,they could'nt handle it before,like they really had alot ,right?anyone out there see the latest edition of 'OVER THE ROAD',the overnite magazine,awful lot of dispatchers retiring,getting out while the gettin's good,maybe their afraid UPS will retire em early,alot earlier:nutkick: ,they gotta know/expect whats coming down the road.:moon2: :bigfinger:

just-me said:
YES, AND NOW IT'S TIME WE HAD STEAK,,
BECAUSE THE BOYS AT THE TOP HAVE EATING STEAK FOR A VERY LONG TIME!!!!!!!
the bigboys been eatin steak,and alot better,for many years,like fillet mingion,shrimp,lobster,caviar,prime rib,veal,crap,all washed down with the finest,costly liquer available,must be nice,on a daily bases,we get bigmacs,or peanuts.:duh:this ones for the bigboys:moon2: :tongue0015: :bigfinger:

BUTTONMAN74 said:
the big boys been eating steak,and alot better,for many years,like fillet mignon,shrimp,lobster,caviar,prime rib,veal,crap,all washed down with the finest,costly liqueur available,must be nice,on a daily bases,we get big macs,or peanuts.:duh:this ones for the big boys
Do you think ups freight will be any different you have another thing coming.....:cool: