TForce | Should UPSFREIGHT be Nonunion?

mud-flap said:
well i for one think we need to move fast on this from what i have been hearing the harassment by managment on us dock workers has started and our TM has said that if a driver comes to work and not in proper looking uniform he will be sent home with a write up..''unexcused absent''??OVNT has been using strong arm tactics for the past few months ,,saying it is UPS ''BRING IN THE HORSE''

You call that strong arm. LOL! You better quit now. Even if the company was to go union you couldn't take it.:duh:

Skeeter said:
You call that strong arm. LOL! You better quit now. Even if the company was to go union you couldn't take it.:duh:
you sound like a ovnt dock sup or some ovnt suck ass managment ,,,I have been moving freight for 12 plus years I was just trying to share with the board how things are on my dock,, kiss ass's like you make me sick you are dead to me ,,,suck ass,,,''BRING IN THE HORSE''

Sound like a real bright guy. Also that is the mentality of a lot of teamsters. Not all but enough I wouldn't want to be associated with them.:nutkick:

Guys I deleted Mud-Flaps post and would like to remind people on both sides of this issue that we do have rules and they will be followed. The first two rules we have are as follows.

1)Do Treat people with respect.

2)Do Not resort to childish name calling if someone does not agree with your view.

I believe if we all follow those two very simple rules we can carry on a civil disscusion. Thank you and please have a good day.:Rulz:

hillbilly frog said:
Guys I deleted Mud-Flaps post and would like to remind people on both sides of this issue that we do have rules and they will be followed. The first two rules we have are as follows.

1)Do Treat people with respect.

2)Do Not resort to childish name calling if someone does not agree with your view.

I believe if we all follow those two very simple rules we can carry on a civil disscusion. Thank you and please have a good day.:Rulz:

:tribehasspoken:

hillbilly, Why is this board going down seems like every 20 minutes???

Got to have my daily truckingboards fix.

Please Explain This To Me

With 30 some odd billion in revenue in 05, went to this benefits? meeting this morning. What a joke!! What benefit? It was on flex credits, flex spending, flexed muscles and more confusing complicated insurance crap that after I do the math, I'll have earned a degree in mathematics. :duh: Rough guesstemates at this juncture is that I'll spend more for insurance. Seems like the benefits is in the companies court. What happened to the other issues? Overtime after 8 hrs, time and a half over 40 not 43, sick time, date of hire seniority, delay pay, wages etc? The funniest thing is "the vast majority" in the non union statement. Read the opening statement in the book. It states that the book was developed by management and supervisors. Our "vast majority"!! Hey after the meeting, we had more devoute non union guys scratching there heads and asking more questions on how does the organizing thing work? Way to go UPSF!! Could it be like the beard and tat thing? Say one thing and drive the cattle towards the other?

hugnlug said:
With 30 some odd billion in revenue in 05, went to this benefits? meeting this morning. What a joke!! What benefit? It was on flex credits, flex spending, flexed muscles and more confusing complicated insurance crap that after I do the math, I'll have earned a degree in mathematics. :duh: Rough guesstemates at this juncture is that I'll spend more for insurance. Seems like the benefits is in the companies court. What happened to the other issues? Overtime after 8 hrs, time and a half over 40 not 43, sick time, date of hire seniority, delay pay, wages etc? The funniest thing is "the vast majority" in the non union statement. Read the opening statement in the book. It states that the book was developed by management and supervisors. Our "vast majority"!! Hey after the meeting, we had more devoute non union guys scratching there heads and asking more questions on how does the organizing thing work? Way to go UPSF!! Could it be like the beard and tat thing? Say one thing and drive the cattle towards the other?

Like I've been saying the ball is in their court. If the majority don't like it then we all as one voice can do what we have to do.

just-me said:
Ok I think we r all adults here ..rite?
So lets all move on and do the rite thing for all of us ..we need the union and it's going to give us all the rite to have a voice,,
theres more to having a voice its having a retirement that is stable unlike the teamsters pension plan, not intended as a low blow eithe:smilie_132:

Skeeter said:
Like I've been saying the ball is in their court. If the majority don't like it then we all as one voice can do what we have to do.
Now I'm certainly not naive skeeter. But what the hell were they thinking? Or not thinking? If they wanted to stay non union, they did a great job of swinging the pro teamster vote for representation. We have approx. 50% now definately for the union. Add a few beatings and corrective actions and we'll be at 55-60%. More than enough to go to vote. It's like they painted themselves into a corner. Patience is growing thin amoungst the tribe.

Hey Skeeter I finally made it back to the new board.
Wow that was more work figuring out how to get back, than filling out a job application.

It was really funny at our benefits meeting.
Everytime we asked the TM a question he said that it was a good question,he'd have to get back to us with an answer when he found out.

Oh My..........
Whats this company coming to when the Terminal Managers are just as clueless as the workers,on the many changes being made?

"May the Lord direct your path it works for me."

bigdaddy said:
theres more to having a voice its having a retirement that is stable unlike the teamsters pension plan, not intended as a low blow eithe:smilie_132:
Not to let the air out of your sails but "O's" pension was underfunded. A great question to ask at your benny meeting is it fully funded now. Chances are you will get a lot of hot air, enough to set sail again!! Union or not. Nothing is guaranteed.

Apostolic said:
Hey Skeeter I finally made it back to the new board.
Wow that was more work figuring out how to get back, than filling out a job application.

It was really funny at our benefits meeting.
Everytime we asked the TM a question he said that it was a good question,he'd have to get back to us with an answer when he found out.

Oh My..........
Whats this company coming to when the Terminal Managers are just as clueless as the workers,on the many changes being made?

"May the Lord direct your path it works for me."
Welcome back you ole freightman, Apostolic. Very frustrating indeed. Sad actually.

hugnlug said:
Welcome back you ole freightman, Apostolic. Very frustrating indeed. Sad actually.
COME ON,EVERYONE,AIN'T LIKE IT WAS THE FIRST TIME SOMEONE AT 'O'ASKED QUESTIONS FROM EITHER A TM,OR VP,OR HR,AND GOT THE SAME OLD'I DON'T KNOW' ,OR I FIND OUT,AND GET BACK TO YOU ON IT'.GIG,ALWAYS HEARD THAT,SEE ,THAT WAS THE BIG PROBLEM,YOU ASKED A QUESTION,BIG NO,NO AT O,YOUR BAD,YOU GET A PEEPEE SLAP FOR IT:nutkick: :nutkick: ,NEXT TIME,WRITTEN UP,AND NOTHING FOR A MONTH BUT HARD LABOR,BREAD&WATER RATIONS:biglaugh: :duh:

Oh My..........

Dude, I thought this was Standard Operating Procedure for any LTL company, union or not.

As to the topic question, of course we should stay non-union. Who wants to sit around waiting for the union to tell you your probably going on strike,,,,, again,,,,, because the company you work for won't give in to excessive demands. " We demand to have national dog poop day off as a paid holiday"' But dont worry, we'll make sure the negotiations dont even start until 5 minutes before the deadline like always.

gecko said:
As to the topic question, of course we should stay non-union. Who wants to sit around waiting for the union to tell you your probably going on strike,,,,, again,,,,, because the company you work for won't give in to excessive demands. " We demand to have national dog poop day off as a paid holiday"' But dont worry, we'll make sure the negotiations dont even start until 5 minutes before the deadline like always.

gecko, with all due respect, you watch way too many movies(just kidding)

But seriously, the days of things like you describe happening are long gone. The unions and the companies both realize that they need each other to survive and prosper. There is unprecendeted cooporation right now between both sides to work towards a common goal.

Can you name one thing that the Teamsters have demanded in the last 10 years that you would consider excessive?

Secondly, the union tells nobody to go on strike. When a contract is negotiated it is presented to the bargaining unit employees who then vote individually on whether they want to accept it or not.

But dont worry, we'll make sure the negotiations dont even start until 5 minutes before the deadline like always.

FYI. Negotiations for the last NMFA which expired 4/1/03 were actually started in 2002. If I remember right it was November or December. This gave both sides a full 5-6 months to reach an agreement. The final agreement was in place sometime in February. A full 6-8 weeks before the old one expired.