TForce | Sick and tired

All of us that have been born in America enjoy the freedoms gained by people giving their lives,and limbs in the past because of their beliefs.
With this freedom we all have today.
We can believe anyway we want.
In whatever we want.

I myself have choose to believe in the Holy Bible,and the principles that are written between its covers.

Now then anything under the sun,can be proven,as well as disproven to comply with your choice of beliefs.

So you believe what you want,and I will continue believing my way.
I agree to say I'm not your judge to say if your right,or wrong,you can do the same for me.

But we all don't live forever.
One day we will all take our last breath taking the next step to whatever there is beyond the life we now know.

If we find out I was right in the way I've lived my life according to the Bible you will be the big loser.
If we find that theres nothing but sleep for enternity I've still lost nothing for the peace,rest,and joy I enjoy living the way I do.

So this is my 2 cents regarding your Evil Bible website.

Have fun,be safe,and may God have mercy on you if your wrong!

Well said....That link was way over the top....

I have a copy of it myself and though I will be joining the union. I am not a memeber as of yet. There is a link on this web site to down load the whole thing, except the medical which only pertains to INDY. I am sure the company would be glad to keep the medical just how it is now, in your contract. If the cost increases as it did this year for me (which was 100%) the it would only cost you $672 per week by 2013. I know that that is unlikely but it will go up every year and be about $156 per week at a 50% increase per year, or $70 per week at 25% increase per year.

Myself and another on this board have a copy, we are comparing apples too apples, before and after sort of speak, then we will compare too the NMFA and see what the differances is, in the benefit portion, the work rules we will improvise as needed, pertaining too the northeast region.

And you blew me away with the ins. costs per week. I do not think I am understanding you when you say $672 per week what is this in referrance too? Or is this a hyperthetical?

To all of my fellow UPSers. I am about sick and tired of hearing about this union stuff! Even the guy's in IND don't know what they have gotten themselves into. Who in their right mind would vote for something they could not read before voting. Think about it. If you guys are all gun ho about the offer on the table, at least take the time to figure out what you might be setting yourselves up for. And that's all I have to say about that!!!!!

Get used to it!!! (Union stuff) You now work for the largest Teamster supported company in the world.:1036316054:

According to one of the p&d drivers in Indy, they royally screwed up by signing cards. the agreement between the union and UPS was that a card check not a contract vote is all it would take to unionize a terminal. Indy did a card check and 107 people signed. Now they are seeing the contract that was negotiated and they aren't happy with it. However, they DO NOT get to vote on it. They blew it by signing the card check prior to a contract proposal being offered. This is not my opinion.....it came srtaight from an Indy employee Fri. afternoon. We spoke with him via phone on the return trip of our run. If you are pro-union you will try to find a way to illegitimize these statements. If you are anti-union this will send you screaming about the union bast**ds. If you are neutral like myself, it will make you very hesitant to sign ANYTHING without first seeing at least a draft of the proposed contract from my local. Faith is fine, but blind faith in either direction could have grave consequences. Be careful.

According to one of the p&d drivers in Indy, they royally screwed up by signing cards. the agreement between the union and UPS was that a card check not a contract vote is all it would take to unionize a terminal. Indy did a card check and 107 people signed. Now they are seeing the contract that was negotiated and they aren't happy with it. However, they DO NOT get to vote on it. They blew it by signing the card check prior to a contract proposal being offered. This is not my opinion.....it came srtaight from an Indy employee Fri. afternoon. We spoke with him via phone on the return trip of our run. If you are pro-union you will try to find a way to illegitimize these statements. If you are anti-union this will send you screaming about the union bast**ds. If you are neutral like myself, it will make you very hesitant to sign ANYTHING without first seeing at least a draft of the proposed contract from my local. Faith is fine, but blind faith in either direction could have grave consequences. Be careful.

What brave consequences do you speak of, as it is we are being written up left and right , senior drivers hours are going in the toilet in most places, people who should be working are'nt, the policy book is referranced too toilet paper, my ins. went up and I have not heard of a raise yet, most PCM'S we hear nothing of, part timers are taking my morning hours. INDY gets after 8 and the rest of us do not, oh I am sorry after 41 this year rite? ( OVERTIME THAT IS.).

And there is no greivance process, the card sighning , just say's you want representation, meaning you want to be union, if INDY did not like thier contract they should have sent it back, if that is the case shame on them, but what you have stated here today is not what I am hearing out of INDY.

One statement from one driver is nothing but hear say, and speaks nothing in referrance too a whole group.

I too am very leary of a union, but if you sighn on the dotted line for shyte, then thats what you get, and the contract must be ratified by both sides, if it is not ratified by the boy's in the barn , then it get,s sent back too the drawing table, it's just that simple, sighning these cards does mean you seek representation, then a vote must happen too ratify what you want on paper if that is what you want. This inturn makes it a legitimate contract between both parties, but after you sighn the cards, it means you seek representation. It gives you no choice.

In order too have the union negotiate for you , you have to be union, and ratification is a vote. listen too what you are saying before you put it into words.

skeeter i talk to alan today and he told me that indy did not read the contract? are they going on blind faith?

Maybe he did not, but the three I talk too did, after all they desighned it, they had the same rough drafts we did, wow it is unbelievable what is getting sent through the pipeline now....... And if the contract is being posted on the Teamsters web site, someone in INDY had too see it. If these people are out of INDY and had too ratify the contract where the hell were they when it came time too?, ask these people that question.:1036316054::toxic:

Spin Doctors!!!

You know I find it totally bogus you people love to go on hear say. I get my info straight from a janitor who's brother is married to the cousin of a guy who fills the propane tanks in RIC for another company. He hears and sees everything!!! BOGUS!!! They call these individuals, SPIN DOCTORS!!!

First off let me say when you seek representation, the Union of your choice whether it is the IBT, AFL/CIO, IBEW etc. work with you to draft your proposals, (what you want to see in a contract). Usually these proposals are items the members want to see such as OT after 8 hrs., greivance process, etc. These in turn are taken to a negotiating table with the Company, a Union Representative and a Shop Steward, (who is elected by it's members seeking representation). And at that point the negotiations begin. Some Items will easily be passed through, while others may not. The ones that are not, may be haggled over until a common ground is struck and the parties can agree on a mutual medium. Other proposals may be dropped all together. Meantime during these talks the Union and the Steward is in constant contact with their fellow Brothers and Sisters regarding what is going on. Is it always smooth sailing? No but it is the process and it is how its been done for over 100yrs.

So do not believe everything you hear. We have our own spin doctors up here and we are proceeding forward knowing what we are doing. The question here is to see how credible the individual is? What their motives are? Do they have a personal agenda? GO SPIN DOCTORS!!!

According to one of the p&d drivers in Indy, they royally screwed up by signing cards. the agreement between the union and UPS was that a card check not a contract vote is all it would take to unionize a terminal. Indy did a card check and 107 people signed. Now they are seeing the contract that was negotiated and they aren't happy with it. However, they DO NOT get to vote on it.

Bmftrucker, you must have misunderstood part of the story because it could not have happened the way you said.

The cards were signed over a year ago and the contract agreement was reached just recently. The guys in Indy DID vote on the contract after it was presented to them at the union hall on 10/7 . Thats when the 107-1 vote was taken.

You can read more about it here: UPS Freight Workers in Indianapolis Ratify Historic, First Ever Contract

They blew it by signing the card check prior to a contract proposal being offered. This is not my opinion.....it came srtaight from an Indy employee Fri. afternoon.

Your friend in Indy is misinformed. All the cards check did was make the Teamsters the legal bargaining unit for the workers in Indy. The card check cannot ratify a contract. It must be voted on. Also, it would be illegal for the union to negotiate a contract before even being the bargaining unit for those employees.

93 out of 125 signed the cards. It is posted on the Teamster website. When you make a statement, check your facts, it makes people not believe anything you post.

Myself and another on this board have a copy, we are comparing apples too apples, before and after sort of speak, then we will compare too the NMFA and see what the differances is, in the benefit portion, the work rules we will improvise as needed, pertaining too the northeast region.

And you blew me away with the ins. costs per week. I do not think I am understanding you when you say $672 per week what is this in referrance too? Or is this a hyperthetical?

It was just an example. My insurance went up 100% this year. If that happened every year until 2013, my insurance would be $672 per week. That is not likely, but it does show that having frozen med cost is a great thing.

It was just an example. My insurance went up 100% this year. If that happened every year until 2013, my insurance would be $672 per week. That is not likely, but it does show that having frozen med cost is a great thing.

Starting 1/1/08 my Blue Cross HMO Family will be $88.00 per week. $352.00 per month. This is way to much money for a company this large.

Starting 1/1/08 my Blue Cross HMO Family will be $88.00 per week. $352.00 per month. This is way to much money for a company this large.

That is crazy! Do you have better coverage than a $21.50 per week employee. That is what I pay. This is a perfact example of why no one should use Indy's medical deal as a focal point. Med ins. varies greatly all over the country.

Just think of the labor costs in the NMFA for the remaining union LTL companies.
Teamsters have always enjoyed zero contribution for their health care package.
So this means their companies are paying the whole shot.
They've also had time,and a half after 8 hours per day,as well as delay pay for their linehaul operation.
There is also a lawyer provided at no charge for some legal issues such as house closings.

And a few more benefits that I can't recall at this time.

I've offten woundered why the union LTL's operating costs could be so close to the non-unions when their larbor costs are so much more under the NMFA?

Just think of the labor costs in the NMFA for the remaining union LTL companies.
Teamsters have always enjoyed zero contribution for their health care package.
So this means their companies are paying the whole shot.
They've also had time,and a half after 8 hours per day,as well as delay pay for their linehaul operation.
There is also a lawyer provided at no charge for some legal issues such as house closings.

And a few more benefits that I can't recall at this time.

I've offten woundered why the union LTL's operating costs could be so close to the non-unions when their larbor costs are so much more under the NMFA?

They have almost no turn over. That is a giant cost these days.

Skeeter, the work rules can change with suppliments particularley if you vote in your own contract,,,, again you are not voting for what INDY has, if you want you can have it, if you do not, NEGOTIATE YOUR OWN, WE ARE IN THE NORTHEAST, IF I have too wait another year too get better I will.

And I have 1 hell of a following, it's all give and take.

But if you go to the hall, you would have found this out....... track the SOB down if you are interested...... if he is avoiding you call the NLRB, then they will move...... Then bring rotten fruit to the meeting and let them know why the suck, and then move on.:1036316054:

Oh you can bet I'll be a the meeting if and when we have one. Right now they are only going after the terminals they feel might go without a fight.
Typical unionism isn't it.

It keeps getting better. I talked to a Indy driver and in that puke of a contract which by the way the west coast will never got for it. This will be a big split company. Anyway now our vacations can't be split up it has to used in blocks of 5 days. Even if there is a holiday in the week you still have to use the five days plus the holiday. Another example of the teamsters working hard for the working man. UPS/Teamsters are in bed together on this one for sure. You could never convince me that they are for the working man.
Dues almost $60.00 a month and & 150.00 for a family for medical.
Also dock cdl can bid with city according to seniority. The driver told me when he gets to work and his load is not ready he works the dock but is deducted a quarter an hour I guess top dock pay.
They DID agree to a contract without seeing the whole picture. They are now finding out about things in the contract that is not what they thought they was going to get.
Even webidiot is bad mouthing this contract after they had a meeting. It will not fly out west that is why we still can't reach anyone from local 150. I don't think they are to excited about meeting with us.

Thanks again Indy for as far as I'm concerned selling us out. Because of the last bitter fight we had with Overnite and the teamsters you let that totally distort your senses. UPS is not our friend. I believe the teamsters have proved they are not our friends either.

As far as the rest of the company we need to hold out 6 years if we have to for a decent contract.

However, If ABF, and YRCW settle for a contract like ours then I might reconsider my position.

P.S. I'm not going for this is good for a first contract. We are all going to be teamsters and we all need the same contract.

After all this is what ABF, and YRCW is going to be pushing for to compete with UPS and FEDEX.
Ok here u go again,, U stated about the .25 will let me tell u what it's all about,Mike M and our TM has cut us .25 because they believe that the contract says they can ..U NEED TO READ ARTICLE # 29 in our contract before u jump to conclusions,, Ok u won't take our contract u don't like it,,BUT u will take it IF YRC & ABF take it,, than U WILL TAKE IT. What kind of FLIPPING CRAP DO U CALL THAT ..IT SEEMS U CAN"T MAKE UP UR OWN,,,,,,MIND,,,,,U GO WITH THE FLOW.:biglaugh:

Oh you can bet I'll be a the meeting if and when we have one. Right now they are only going after the terminals they feel might go without a fight.
Typical unionism isn't it.

Why would they try to unionizie a terminal that has no interest?

Non-sense. The vacations that are first bid under the contract rules are to be done in 5 days at a time. This way all workers get at least 1 choice week. No one should be allowed to take 5 single days as his first vacation selection. how would that be fair to the other guys. You could block out july 3,5 then take dec 23 and 26 and then take dec 31. that would not be fair to other employees. everyone needs to be given a choice week. Once the bids are done then any left over vacation days would be a first come first serve at management approval. If after you bid an a 5 day period that includes a holiday you could drop one day with management approval. Once again the medical cost will be different everywhere. One thing is it will not increase until 2013. The dues are $12.77 a week at $22.15 an hour, and about $6.63 for part timers. I am sure you do not speak for the entire west coast. I for one can only speak for my terminal and we will be joining as soon as the card check goes into effect. All contracts will not be the same, every state is different. All workers needs are different. :1036316054:

I've done my vacations that way for years just the way I have described. So you can call it nonsense all you want. As far as signing cards there are people like you willing to sign before they see the whole contract in black and white. If people are that fearful of UPS then by all means sign the card.

I believe there are a lot more that won't.