TForce | Standards!

Again you don't know what the crap you are talking about. :butt kiss:

No skeeter I know guys like you and they are all the same. Complain about everything and solve nothing. You are a fraud! You are exactly what I have stated. In one phrase a bitter:butt kiss:

It's not about being unwilling to strike. It's about power and relationship. 1 or 2 terminals refusing to sign onto a contract and walking out on strike is stupid. You have no power. Now, 100 terminals joined together with the parcel guys behind us, that is power. You'll never get the kind of concessions you want when you are unreasoanable about your relative strength to force the companies hand. This contract is a good first step that needs all of us to get behind so that the next time this thing comes around we have the strength - Power and Relationship to get the concessions we want.

Even Eisenhauer knew it would be a bad idea for a few guys with slingshots and a canoe to storm Normandy. We have to be in building phase right now, and the key to it is solidarity under the contract we are going to get now. Let's not be senseless martyrs. Take what we can get now, which by the way is better than what we have now without a contract, and prepare for the future.

That last statement is not true this contract is not better then what we have now, unless you are a p&d driver. Road drvers don't fair so well.

That last statement is not true this contract is not better then what we have now, unless you are a p&d driver. Road drvers don't fair so well.

As a whole, it is better. Not just wage and benefits, but also protections from harrasment. Right now we have nothing standing beetween us, a jerk mgr, and the door. You can be turned out for anything at anytime right now.

Like I said before, I'm in this for the long haul. (pun intended :rolleyes1: ) I first have to keep my job. Maybe you haven't experienced the new UPS environment we have down here in TX. This is no longer a family business, our mgr & supv are out for blood.

Our mgr has said flat out that seniority means nothing to him, and he would rather have a bunch of studs off the street than left over ovnt guys.

If anyone here thinks that parcel has our back you need to logoff for a minute and clear your head. Those guys could care less about us. There is even a percentage of them that have no idea we are even part of the "Big Brown Machine".Peace Out:smilie_132:

If anyone here thinks that parcel has our back you need to logoff for a minute and clear your head. Those guys could care less about us. There is even a percentage of them that have no idea we are even part of the "Big Brown Machine".Peace Out:smilie_132:

Agreed. But it's not about them caring about us per se. It's about 1 company, 1 National Master Agreement. Which UPS will also want. It saves UPS admin costs. And will be a part of our leverage in 2013.

I'm curious as to why you feel RDDR didn't fare as well as P&D? Although I've not seen the proposed contract, from what I've read, RDDR will now be paid for time spent rather than pre arranged time for labor provided regardless of how long it takes. Also they will not be giving up time @ meets as they do now. The rate per mile increase seems to me to be percentage wise in line with what the P&D drivers received.
The P$D drivers may have just been giving up more than RDDR to begin with?
Just asking cause I aint the brightest bulb on the tree.

I'm curious as to why you feel RDDR didn't fare as well as P&D? Although I've not seen the proposed contract, from what I've read, RDDR will now be paid for time spent rather than pre arranged time for labor provided regardless of how long it takes. Also they will not be giving up time @ meets as they do now. The rate per mile increase seems to me to be percentage wise in line with what the P&D drivers received.
The P$D drivers may have just been giving up more than RDDR to begin with?
Just asking cause I aint the brightest bulb on the tree.

This is an old ovnt tactic. Pit the workers against each other. The road driver vacation pay is changing no matter if you join the union or not. Just as the split raises are for both union and non-union.

This is an old ovnt tactic. Pit the workers against each other. The road driver vacation pay is changing no matter if you join the union or not. Just as the split raises are for both union and non-union.

Happened to be in Indy a couple of weeks ago and talked to the City steward. I brought up the issue of vacation compensation for RDDR. He advised me that a greivance had been filed on this issue and that RDDR vacation pay had reverted to prior contract levels ...ie 1/52 in stead of 40 hrs hourly pay.
Can any one from Indy confirm or deny this?

It's not about being unwilling to strike. It's about power and relationship. 1 or 2 terminals refusing to sign onto a contract and walking out on strike is stupid. You have no power. Now, 100 terminals joined together with the parcel guys behind us, that is power. You'll never get the kind of concessions you want when you are unreasoanable about your relative strength to force the companies hand. This contract is a good first step that needs all of us to get behind so that the next time this thing comes around we have the strength - Power and Relationship to get the concessions we want.

Even Eisenhauer knew it would be a bad idea for a few guys with slingshots and a canoe to storm Normandy. We have to be in building phase right now, and the key to it is solidarity under the contract we are going to get now. Let's not be senseless martyrs. Take what we can get now, which by the way is better than what we have now without a contract, and prepare for the future.

You now some thing, I have said this before and others as well, and we still do not seem to get it, I have read your post and it was screaming at me. You could not have been any clearer , and it makes 100% scence, STRENGTH IN #'S, WITH THIS STRENGTH YOU CAN MAKE THE TEAMSTERS WORK HARDER, THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE PAST4 LOCALS OF THE SMALL PACKAGE CONTRACT DID, AND THEY HAVE WHAT THEY WANT NOW............................... STRENGTH IN NUMBERS........:1036316054::1036316054::1036316054:

Our mgr has said flat out that seniority means nothing to him, and he would rather have a bunch of studs off the street than left over ovnt guys.

If it is the same MGR. that came and talked to us when this all started, he is a dumb as a post, Ask him how is handeling employee relations now, one of the "BOY'S" from the north is asking,1 year later after telling us MGNT could do a better job at following the rules and 1 year later we still have the same problem, I can see he is shighning through, just in the way you speak.

Was he old "O" and you know something, MGNT has become quite snappy at us over the past several weeks, making wise a$$ remarks, ignoring us, acting like we do not exist now.must be another GOLFCART CONSPIRACY....:biglaugh:

No offence JOHNNY, But who the F*** cares who cares for us and who does not. It really does not matter at this point, first it was MGNT. then it was "O" . Now someone thinks UPS does, comeon people.

Bahhh humbug. NOBODY CARES ABOUT US EXCEPT US...... The Teamsters do not care, UPS did not care and neither did "O" (although in my opinion "O" was a bit more truthfull in thier actions then UPS and a good company to work for ) This is a job and not life with your kids.

Where did you see that R. driver vacation pay is changing? What facts are in the Indy contract regarding R. driver vacation pay? This would be a huge loss to road drivers. Alot of us has 4-5 weeks paid vacation based on a % of what we made the prior year. For me this could be a $2500.00 per year loss. I am concerned, Where is this R. driver vacation pay cut (talk) coming from?

Where did you see that R. driver vacation pay is changing? What facts are in the Indy contract regarding R. driver vacation pay? This would be a huge loss to road drivers. Alot of us has 4-5 weeks paid vacation based on a % of what we made the prior year. For me this could be a $2500.00 per year loss. I am concerned, Where is this R. driver vacation pay cut (talk) coming from?

The word I got was that no terminal would have any benefits greater than indy. So if they did this at indy it would be nation wide union or no union. Though I did read that indy filed and won a grievence on this issue already, but if it is new policy at UPSF then the non-union centers are screwed. We have no grievence policy.:1036316054:

The word I got was that no terminal would have any benefits greater than indy. So if they did this at indy it would be nation wide union or no union. Though I did read that indy filed and won a grievence on this issue already, but if it is new policy at UPSF then the non-union centers are screwed. We have no grievence policy.:1036316054:

Ok, So this is just talk and no facts are known at this time regarding Road Driver vacation pay.