TForce | Standards!

I'm curious as to why you feel RDDR didn't fare as well as P&D? Although I've not seen the proposed contract, from what I've read, RDDR will now be paid for time spent rather than pre arranged time for labor provided regardless of how long it takes. Also they will not be giving up time @ meets as they do now. The rate per mile increase seems to me to be percentage wise in line with what the P&D drivers received.
The P$D drivers may have just been giving up more than RDDR to begin with?
Just asking cause I aint the brightest bulb on the tree.

I spoke to an Indy. sleeper team driver face to face and he told me line drivers will start at 56 cents per mile and top out at 66 cents per mile at the end of the contract. Sleeper teams were more per mile. But they split it in half. I can't remember what their rate was.
It doesn't sound like over weight line drivers will be missing any meals in 08!!!:hysterical: Elvis out......

We need a contract, BUT I am not willing to settle for less than what we have now as a non-union company. I don't want to hear about getting a better contract the next time around. We should NOT settle for anything less than what we are receiving now as a non union company. (within reason) We must fight it all the way to the end as long as it takes to atleast come out even as far as year end money is concerned. When you start talking about more out of pocket expence for medical Ins. and taking away percent based vacation pay for road drivers and other hidden take aways, This does not out weigh the fact that we do need fairness on the job and protection policys. Keeping in mind that anything that I have heard so far is not fact and we can't seem to get any facts I am simply saying, We will be represented by the Teamsters and we must fight as long as it takes to atleast sustain the same standard of living that we are receiving now. I don't want a contract just to be a Teamster. I want a contract to have better working conditions,wages and benefits. Is this not what being a teamster is all about. Bottom line, DO NOT SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAT WHAT YOU ARE RECEIVING NOW AS A NON UNION EMPLOYEE!!!

We need a contract, BUT I am not willing to settle for less than what we have now as a non-union company. I don't want to hear about getting a better contract the next time around. We should NOT settle for anything less than what we are receiving now as a non union company. (within reason) We must fight it all the way to the end as long as it takes to atleast come out even as far as year end money is concerned. When you start talking about more out of pocket expence for medical Ins. and taking away percent based vacation pay for road drivers and other hidden take aways, This does not out weigh the fact that we do need fairness on the job and protection policys. Keeping in mind that anything that I have heard so far is not fact and we can't seem to get any facts I am simply saying, We will be represented by the Teamsters and we must fight as long as it takes to atleast sustain the same standard of living that we are receiving now. I don't want a contract just to be a Teamster. I want a contract to have better working conditions,wages and benefits. Is this not what being a teamster is all about. Bottom line, DO NOT SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAT WHAT YOU ARE RECEIVING NOW AS A NON UNION EMPLOYEE!!!

If I am a dues paying teamster, then I should expect MORE then what our current non union status is offering. PERIOD. I am baffled at your don't except less than what you already have stance. And don't give me this protection bs. I'm not willing to pay dues for a cop by my side. With all due respect, you kind of contradict yourself. You say in one sentence, " I want a contract for better wages and benefits" But then you say don't settle for less then we already have. I agree with your first opinion! Not trying to be an a$$. We just can't let this thing dilute down to just excepting a contract to " BUILD ON" If I hear that one more time I think I will puke. Elvis out and searching for his barf bag......

If I am a dues paying teamster, then I should expect MORE then what our current non union status is offering. PERIOD. I am baffled at your don't except less than what you already have stance. And don't give me this protection bs. I'm not willing to pay dues for a cop by my side. With all due respect, you kind of contradict yourself. You say in one sentence, " I want a contract for better wages and benefits" But then you say don't settle for less then we already have. I agree with your first opinion! Not trying to be an a$$. We just can't let this thing dilute down to just excepting a contract to " BUILD ON" If I hear that one more time I think I will puke. Elvis out and searching for his barf bag......

Elvis,
Let me try to explain my position better. I do believe we need a contract. And the reason why is because of seniorty not being respected ,delay pay,ot after eight issues, and working rules not being the same for all. Also the out of pocket expence for our health plans. I do believe that this has always been the issue right from the beginning stages of all the union talk. This is what we should be working on. We should not have to give anything up that we already receive as a non union employee (within reason) We also should not expect any less than what any LtL freight teamster receives. We are not working for some mom & pop company. Im not looking for a pot of gold. Just what we deserve as any other freight teamster receives. I would be happy with the above improvements. Why should we have to give up anything to receive these teamster benefits. I do recall at one of our teamster meetings our rep said that we will not get anything less than what we already receive as a non union employee in this contract. So where is all this negative talk coming from regarding the Indy contract? I don't except it as fact but the talk is more out of pocket expence for medical. Straight time for road driver vacation. No 401k match. Pension remains the same. And so on. I am simply saying that the time will come for us to negotiate our contract. And I do not expect to receive anything less than what we receive now as a non union employee.

Here is an Idea. Give us a contract with everything that we receive now in it and suppliment in seniority,ot after 8, same work rules and a lower out of pocket expence for medical. I think everyone would be happy.

Here is an Idea. Give us a contract with everything that we receive now in it and suppliment in seniority,ot after 8, same work rules and a lower out of pocket expence for medical. I think everyone would be happy.

Don't forget the line drivers, Delay pay without giving an hour at top rate and work time on quarter hour increments.

As a whole, it is better. Not just wage and benefits, but also protections from harrasment. Right now we have nothing standing beetween us, a jerk mgr, and the door. You can be turned out for anything at anytime right now.

Like I said before, I'm in this for the long haul. (pun intended :rolleyes1: ) I first have to keep my job. Maybe you haven't experienced the new UPS environment we have down here in TX. This is no longer a family business, our mgr & supv are out for blood.

again not true there is a 6 man committee standing between you and the door

This is an old ovnt tactic. Pit the workers against each other. The road driver vacation pay is changing no matter if you join the union or not. Just as the split raises are for both union and non-union.

Do you have any proof? or is just like the 401k match is gonna dissappear anyway posts? And it doesn't matter the vacation pay in the contract is less than what we have now. What did we gain for giving this up?

Happened to be in Indy a couple of weeks ago and talked to the City steward. I brought up the issue of vacation compensation for RDDR. He advised me that a greivance had been filed on this issue and that RDDR vacation pay had reverted to prior contract levels ...ie 1/52 in stead of 40 hrs hourly pay.
Can any one from Indy confirm or deny this?

That doesn't make sense to me, how can someone file a grievance against the contract they voted in?

You are right, there are plenty of posts on here about how contracts are give and take and there is a certian amount of money ups will spend on benefits and how the union can "rearrange" where the money is spent and what benefits you get. So how does accepting a contract to "build on" help us in the futute? It is still negotians subject to give and take it should get no better no worse, for everything we will ask for, UPS will ask for somthing in return. Someone explain to me how it gets incrementally better in our favor contract after contract.

Do you have any proof? or is just like the 401k match is gonna dissappear anyway posts? And it doesn't matter the vacation pay in the contract is less than what we have now. What did we gain for giving this up?

Do you have any PROOF, sorry "O" but no, unless we call you at the time we have none, And one question, a person was fired from our terminal not too long ago, as far as I am concearned he deserved it, but that is my thought's to bear and mine alone.

He asked for a meeting of his peers, (this is the "O" greivance process mind you and has not changed scince, it is still in practice) This gentalman had to wait a total of 6 weeks to have this meeting, in that time he had too, find a new job, and this job worked in conflict with this greivance process, but he could take the time off to go, and he had to drive there ( maine too conneticut) to have this meeting, and if he WON the greivance, he did not get back pay.

That is 6 weeks of loss wages, an umpteen thousand mile trip to boot, and for what?

He found a job of equal pay and bennies. But why should one have to drive six thousand miles for this process when I have one right in my back door with a union? and get paid for my lost wages if I win, is this not a gain?

"O" always used one driver against another.
Being a manager ,if you belittle the insecure driver that is not making the grade, in front of other drivers , with him there or not, and these these drivers , dock personnel, etc. etc. who think they are in good with the boss simply by being fed this info, will some times use this info they have obtained from the TM about this insecure driver, against him, making him more insecure in retrospect ,then your chances of him quitting by working on thier insecurities is greater, ( the insecurity of feeling inadequate because you are told this on a regular basis by the boss and people beneath him, and your peers) ,then it would be going alone ( just the TM) , and you do not have the backlash of being a manager that works in favor of intimidation and threats.

This is to avoid unionization, by making the masses feel important. and there is alot of feeble minded people who cannot think for themselves, and think the terminal would not work without them.

Has your TM ever made you feel important? If he was yelling at me for making his or her #'s looking bad then I would then say he is taking a step away from being superficial. "ROPE A DOPE" COMES TO MIND. And this type of mental warfare was used all the time at "O". This is harrassment and it needs to stop, and if you say it never happens in my terminal, you do not know what you are talking about. It happens everywhere.

A nice smokescreen for sure. Have you actually read through the requirements for the "reveiw process"? Take a long discerning look, and you will see that the whole process is tilted in favor of the company. Company lawyers v. YOU, and if you can afford it your's. Oh, and the final arbitration is handled by a "outside" company whose largest client, is by the way, UPS. Hmmm, who do you think they will side with YOU or the company that signs their checks?

I have never said the 401k match will disappear, I said it could. You have written right here that vac pay is less in the contract, yet you freely admit you have never read the contract. Where is your proof. The thing I was told was that no terminal will get more that INDY once the contract is done, union or non union. So far with the new split raises that are less than INDY my source has been proven right. I was also told that Hoffa and Hall told the local pres. that they should just wait and trust them. I am sure that there are more changes coming for all that will drive more guys over the edge. It is my sincere belief that UPS corp. wants the LTL under the union so it can consolidate and cut the over lapping cost. I never believed that bull from leo s. that we would independent subsidiary. I laughed :biglaugh: at that one. Oh, what happened to leo and gordon after there anti union dvd? OUT THE DOOR! Not a swift kick but a polite push. Also why did the teamsters not try to organize one single terminal since INDY? Because they made a deal with UPS. If you think your TM or local reg. VP are going to keep the union out you should retire to BEDLAM!

There are no lawyers involved in the grievance hearing, and back pay can be awarded.

I have never said the 401k match will disappear, I said it could. You have written right here that vac pay is less in the contract, yet you freely admit you have never read the contract.

you shouldn't take everything so personally, I never said you said that.

and yes I do hve a copy of the contract where did I say I didn't? I have said that my copy the road driver wage and compensation pages are blank.

and yes I do hve a copy of the contract where did I say I didn't? I have said that my copy the road driver wage and compensation pages are blank.
O,
You probably have an incomplete version....you don't really think that road drivers aren't getting a raise, do you?

:hysterical: Six man committee. I've never had to use it but come on. The whole committee is hand picked. Drivers or dock or management all trying to score points with each other. I've never fell for that one. Just been lucky enough never to of needed it.:hide:

stldude44, Is there a complete version out right now. If so can you send me a link or what ever.

I am a little busy right now, but I will post a link later, the only thing I don't have is the medical part and vac selection part. Though this will vary from state to state as I have said before. So it is not relevant to all employees.