TForce | Standards!

APO, it seems that some current teamster members do not like anyone who achieves somthing on there own.

85% of what I know about the teamsters I have learned on this forum.

When they know your a safety man, lead man, road team, they attack you and smear you. This is not an opinion this is an observation.

I try to educate myself as much as possible before making a decision as big as joining the teamsters, I am not gonna let there actions influence me too much. But there representing the teamsters.

Has it always been this way where they don't like safetymen, leadmen, or the roadteam? In your 40 year career?

I am a saftey man and I do no more training because I would not budge from the training course one bit. So the TM found a lacky and now he does the training. I will resign once we go union, with a certified letter to the Atlanta home office why I think the smith training is worthless, without fear of retaliation from my manager. Why? because I will file a grievance on him if he does.:1036316054:

Where did I assume anyhing?
I can show you the posts where safetymen, leadmen, and road team are slandered.

Every roadteam guy I have ever meet is a company man through and through. This was the case before UPS and now. Never had a lead man, and since I am a saftey man,yes I agree I have been slandered, but since saftey is just a buzz word at pcm's and ream outs on conference calls: I guess saftey is just relative to how 'saftey effects production'.:biglaugh:

I will give you my thoughts on the safety program. JOKE!!! Safety is just a word here. Our safety man has had many accidents and could care less about safety. Although I would never get involved in this invisable program, I was most offended that I with over 2 million miles accident free and 25 years Injury free was never even approched about any type of saftey program or issues. And we also have other drivers that are close to my records regarding saftey. What a shame. Pick anyone just to say we did our part.

saftey is just a buzz word at pcm's and ream outs on conference calls: I guess saftey is just relative to how 'saftey effects production'.:biglaugh:

I'm on our safety committee at our barn. It used to be at the forefront of operations everyday. Now it is not on the back burner!!! We used to have safety committee meetings once a month, but we haven't done that since at least Sept. People are doing what ever they want. No four ways, no seat belts on lifts, not wearing their reflective vest, smoking on the dock etc.

Now I could say something, but I have chosen a different approach. I try to lead by example. I've been asked why I still follow the rules and I let them know that it is company/osha policy and that someday someone could show up and the outcome would not be so pleasant. So simply put, they have a mind to choose to do the right thing and if not, accept the possible consequences.

I have been confused about many things I
read on these boards since UPS purchased
Overnite and started UPSF . Possibly the
more enlightened could educate myself and
others on some specifics here .

#1 Why have the UPS package teamster members NOT tried or attmpted to expand
their membership and numbers to take in the UPSF employees ?

#2 Now that it appears that UPSF INDY has
a contract , why are those people doing
the same as above ?

#3 If in fact , UPSF INDY has a contract ,
why is it not available in full to read ?

#4 Are there vows of secracy about these
things ?

#5 Are rumors and part or untrueths the
preferred instead of facts ?

Thank You

To awnser some of your questionds to the best of my knowledge, some I have proof, some I do not but here it goes. For those of you who want the proof, GO FIND IT. And feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

#1 . Too awnser your first question, UPS Teamsters did and have and still do approach everyone on the issues of the union and UPS. Acard check was put into play, INDIANAPOLIS won the first card check, and then a contract was negotiated.

From what some of us understand, UPS allowed the card check as a bargaining chip, in referrance to allowing UPS too come out of the Central States Pention Fund. And "I think" (I have not seen) the three year cardcheck was in the most recently negotiated contract for UPS Freight, for 2008.( GOLFCART CONSPIRACY)

#2. As I have mentioned there is a 3 year contract into play , starting next week. Some terminals had card check's a year ago, but nothing could be done with further card checks until after ratification of the new UPS contract of 2008. Which is now done.

#3. The contract for INDY is a legal and binding contract, this is not our contract just INDY'S. So therefore we ( the rest of the terminals) cannot actually see this contract unless we as employees have sighned cards to do so. (The Teamsters have an obligation to treat this contract in a legal manner and by law cannot reveal if asked by either party not to do so) So therefore, legally they are binded to only allow those interested in the union, within the company to see the contract by sighning a card. but considering the two parties involved are allowing this contract to reveal itself, some of the contract that can be revealed is, and could be in referrance to us, as opposed to what was not revealed, which in all cases is significant too Indionaplois.

# 4. The awnser to this question is in Paragraph #3.

#5. NON TRUTHS, and RUMORS are not preferred, too most, the credibility of some of the info. we debate on these forums is based mostly, but not solely, on a rough draft that we have obtained over the past 6-7 months or so.

I hope some of these explanations has awnsered any questions you may have and if anyone can correct or add please do.:smilie_132::1036316054:

I'm on our safety committee at our barn. It used to be at the forefront of operations everyday. Now it is not on the back burner!!! We used to have safety committee meetings once a month, but we haven't done that since at least Sept. People are doing what ever they want. No four ways, no seat belts on lifts, not wearing their reflective vest, smoking on the dock etc.

Now I could say something, but I have chosen a different approach. I try to lead by example. I've been asked why I still follow the rules and I let them know that it is company/osha policy and that someday someone could show up and the outcome would not be so pleasant. So simply put, they have a mind to choose to do the right thing and if not, accept the possible consequences.

You are right 100% Busternite put it plainly and I agree "JOKE". That in itself best defines the safety program, I just hope the Teamster program is not executed the the same way.

senority issues? I am talking about when an employee gets fired and he gets a peer review to either uphold or reverse with back pay.

We were also talking about the PRB. Next time I want to post something. I'll ask for your permission. This way we don't get off topic or get side tracked about answering your questions.

I have seen these peer reveiw boards in action over my 25 years working here and I have seen nothing but bias reveiws on these peer reveiw boards. I would much rather see an independent board and no one that works for the company should be on these boards. I have seen employees fired and also get there jobs back. From what I saw it was because a few on the board knew the employee. Either they liked the employee or not and that was the reason for there vote. BIAS!!!!

That's exactly what I'm worried about. You have a better chance getting HR involved.

Whats wrong with our allstars.
They are still drivers just like the rest of us.
Just because they are rodeo winners,and good citizens in their communities.
They still get paid for driving a truck.

I don't think they are on the team because they won a rodeo, whatever that is. It's voluntary right? We haven't had any win a "rodeo" out of our term and we have at least 4 road team drivers.

I will give you my thoughts on the safety program. JOKE!!! Safety is just a word here. Our safety man has had many accidents and could care less about safety. Although I would never get involved in this invisable program, I was most offended that I with over 2 million miles accident free and 25 years Injury free was never even approched about any type of saftey program or issues. And we also have other drivers that are close to my records regarding saftey. What a shame. Pick anyone just to say we did our part.

One of our safety committee has yet to be seen hooking up a set, but will post new rules about how to hook up.

It's a kiss up contest with mgmt. There's safety people coming in 2 to three hours b4 their out time and not getting paid for it! Why would you?? I wonder if management is requiring this or it's voluntary. I would be a bad safety committee member, I wouldn't do anything extra unless they are willing to pay me.

Us truckers have somewhat of a short attention span.
Most topics on these truckingboards take twists,and turns off the subject.
Some faster than others.
Its just the way we truckers are.

So what was the topic?
Oh yes Standards,what about them?

Yes, it was all part of the deal. Card check was part of the deal. So was the fact the the ending date of the UPSF contract is 7-31-2013. The same as the parcel NMA. So for the next contract UPSF workers will have a stronger bargaining position. Hopefully, with 100 or more terminals neg. at the same time.

You are just the kind of people UPS just loves. Do you actually believe that because the UPS and UPSF contract is up at the same time that will give us stronger bargaining power.
That is just what they want you to think.
Man I have a bridge I want to sell you. Do you think UPS will go out with us?:biglaugh:

You are just the kind of people UPS just loves. Do you actually believe that because the UPS and UPSF contract is up at the same time that will give us stronger bargaining power.
That is just what they want you to think.
Man I have a bridge I want to sell you. Do you think UPS will go out with us?:biglaugh:

The bargaining power will come when all UPSF locations are union. Power comes with numbers :1036316054: