XPO | Stealing Time

That would be the first time I heard of it, but what if it was the 8th time the guy forgot to clock out...?? at some point, you have to take the responsibility to remember...

I think Conway pays you......

That would be the first time I heard of it, but what if it was the 8th time the guy forgot to clock out...?? at some point, you have to take the responsibility to remember...

To make responses on here. Why would someone in management spend so much of their time on here posting messages? It seems like you try to sugar coat everything. You always have the political correct answers to everything. I know the way this company is, and I think if they knew one of their own management cronies was posting things about the company good or bad, without permission, they would put a stop to it. Thats why I think your on here, because the company wants you on here. Im not angry or bitter, just stating what I think is going on.

To make responses on here. Why would someone in management spend so much of their time on here posting messages? It seems like you try to sugar coat everything. You always have the political correct answers to everything. I know the way this company is, and I think if they knew one of their own management cronies was posting things about the company good or bad, without permission, they would put a stop to it. Thats why I think your on here, because the company wants you on here. Im not angry or bitter, just stating what I think is going on.

Hard to sugar coat facts....Nobody has ever been fired at Con-way for forgetting to punch out...once...Do you have any idea how many times a guy has forgot to punch out at my place..?? I know you don't...hundreds....and there all still there...That's not political correctness...that is just fact...

Do I have your permission to be on here..??

Well, i know I have forgotten to clock out b/4, but .im old and i forget a lot of things.... im not really sure where im at right now..... I hope I didnt forget to clock out... I hope I dont get fired.... If I do, Love you guys... miss ya...

give me a freakin' break. Please tell us, you do not really think the G.O. has placed a mole on the site to find out what us drivers really think?? BoxB is a SCM on the West Coast(somewhere) and is as annonymous as anyone else on here.(if they so choose) BoxB tells us things "from the top" that we would otherwise not know about. Don't run the guy off. I like the info.
SickandTired what are you so pissed about??

I'll tell you what I'm pissed about; I have only 10 of those little green blocks, while most of the folks(that have been here for a while) have 11. Even BoxB has 11...WTF

OH LORD!....Here we go again....:popcorn:

give me a freakin' break. Please tell us, you do not really think the G.O. has placed a mole on the site to find out what us drivers really think?? BoxB is a SCM on the West Coast(somewhere) and is as annonymous as anyone else on here.(if they so choose) BoxB tells us things "from the top" that we would otherwise not know about. Don't run the guy off. I like the info.

I'll tell you what I'm pissed about; I have only 10 of those little green blocks, while most of the folks(that have been here for a while) have 11. Even BoxB has 11...WTF

I counted 11.:beerchug:

Funny how members challenge Boxboss when all he is doing is stating the facts.
No sugarcoating needed. You would hear the same thing from G.O if you asked.
It's Con-ways rules, regulations, policy and procedure.

He is an asset to the Con-way forums and he does this for free. He is the longest standing member of management on these message boards and is not easily intimidated by any attack. (No, I'm not :butt kiss: Just stating the facts)
Too many before him have come and gone.

You would be amazed at how many CEO's we have here. Most of them have duct tape on their mouths or fingers and just read.

Maybe he is a plant, maybe he isn't. (Who cares)
The bottom line is he is stating the facts and providing information to the many members that can't get the information from their own terminal in a timely fashion.

If you want to know how to work around the facts, pull one over on Mama Con-way, than you have to find an insider, who is willing to put their job on the line.

Poor Boxboss, you'll just have to keep defending yourself to the doubters.

I now count 11. Thank you. Thank youl.:bgroovy::party-smiley-017::d6625240:

(for now)

11 green squares is the max. After that your Rep points just accumulate.
Check your UserCP for the total.

You have been fully vested....no need to worry about a freeze or any takeaways.:biglaugh:

Funny how members challenge Boxboss when all he is doing is stating the facts.
No sugarcoating needed. You would hear the same thing from G.O if you asked.
It's Con-ways rules, regulations, policy and procedure.

He is an asset to the Con-way forums and he does this for free. He is the longest standing member of management on these message boards and is not easily intimidated by any attack. (No, I'm not :butt kiss: Just stating the facts)
Too many before him have come and gone.

You would be amazed at how many CEO's we have here. Most of them have duct tape on their mouths or fingers and just read.

Maybe he is a plant, maybe he isn't. (Who cares)
The bottom line is he is stating the facts and providing information to the many members that can't get the information from their own terminal in a timely fashion.

If you want to know how to work around the facts, pull one over on Mama Con-way, than you have to find an insider, who is willing to put their job on the line.

Poor Boxboss, you'll just have to keep defending yourself to the doubters.

Thanks DW, but I am still trying to figure out what it is I am defending...To the doubters, I guess I would say, put me on ignore...that way you don't have to read it...I will say it one more time: I AM NOT A PLANT...I am here of my own accord... If Con-way asks me to stop participating here, I will...It is a free and public forum, one that deals with our industry...Do you have any idea how many other industries would love to have something like this at their disposal..??
Hundreds, I would guess...I think it is a terrific place to chat about our profession...My god, enjoy it....use it to learn...lord knows I am learning a bunch...

Thanks DW, but I am still trying to figure out what it is I am defending...To the doubters, I guess I would say, put me on ignore...that way you don't have to read it...I will say it one more time: I AM NOT A PLANT...I am here of my own accord... If Con-way asks me to stop participating here, I will...It is a free and public forum, one that deals with our industry...Do you have any idea how many other industries would love to have something like this at their disposal..??
Hundreds, I would guess...I think it is a terrific place to chat about our profession...My god, enjoy it....use it to learn...lord knows I am learning a bunch...

I have many times thought how enligtening
it might be if there were a forum on here
for shippers and receivers . ????

All policy wording, to me, is set up to be twisted around to the company advantage if they want to terminate you. If you leave them an opening it will be to your disadvantage. Friend of mine at xcw was recently terminated after 10 yrs. with co. Bill of freight came up missing and he was let go for not writing all short and trashing the coso. I.E. DESTRUCTION OF COMPANY DOCUMENT. Go by the book and don't give the rat BA****DS the opportunity!!

d.o.t.

On duty time means all time from the time a driver begins to work or is required to be in READINESS to work until the time the driver is relieved from work and all responsibility for performing work. On-duty time shall include:
(1) All time at a plant, terminal, facility, or other property of a motor carier or shipper, or on any public property, waiting to be dispatched, unless the driver has been relieved from duty by the motor carrier:
(2) all time inspecting, servicing or conditioning any commercial motor vehicle at any time:

So, All time waiting for dispatch should be logged O.D.N.D. Filling out all paper work, pay sheets, inspection book and log books O.D.N.D. Putting in your radio O.D.N.D. Touching the door handle on that truck, O.D.N.D. All walkabouts that drive there cars to there work location O.D.N.D.

We, as drivers, are required to know and follow these rules.
All T.M'S and F.O.S's should also be aware of these rules.
Because we are required to follow and obey these Goverment laws our company is'nt obligated to compensated us.

Now, if you want to be compensated for following these government laws, maybe we should seek compensation from the government.

Now there's a thought. Tax time is near so here's my question. Can I claim wait time and pre-post trips on my taxes?
gottcha!!:1036316054: thanks

All policy wording, to me, is set up to be twisted around to the company advantage if they want to terminate you. If you leave them an opening it will be to your disadvantage. Friend of mine at xcw was recently terminated after 10 yrs. with co. Bill of freight came up missing and he was let go for not writing all short and trashing the coso. I.E. DESTRUCTION OF COMPANY DOCUMENT. Go by the book and don't give the rat BA****DS the opportunity!!

The above post seems slightly contradictory .

Which BOOK , at what TIME , at whose interpatation ? See the PROBLEM ?

This is WHY , the employees are NOT provided
a BOOK .

It would only be detrimental for CNW .

Just4Thought

green boxs

i was wondering how i can aquire those handsome little things?? do i have to buy someone a :beerchug: or do i have to kick someones a$$:sumo:or should i just hit you while im riding my:bicycle:

The above post seems slightly contradictory .

Which BOOK , at what TIME , at whose interpatation ? See the PROBLEM ?

This is WHY , the employees are NOT provided
a BOOK .

It would only be detrimental for CNW .

Just4Thought

Exactly! No hard copies laying around that might find their way into the office of an attorney. Corporate talks a good game about zero tolerance for things such as harassment,but the reality of it is there are some folks in supervisory and management positions that pretty much do as they please without recourse. When someone tries to get the problem corrected all they are doing is making themselves a bigger target for termination. Seen it happen.Quit complaining,do what you are told without question to safety or legality and you shall have a long and prosperous career. This not meant to bash the company it is just something I have observed at more than one terminal.We have a lot of great people working here but when someone comes along that is just human garbage and rarely it does they can make a lot of people miserable. Doesn't matter if they are a driver,supervisor or whatever.Just a simple observation.

I had this problem a couple of years ago.I was told to report to work at a certain time.Loads not ready and my dispatcher said for me to wait off the clock. When I punched the clock to start my tour of duty he said I couldn't do that.Being the smartmule that I am,I threw out my trump card.Under FMCSR Part 395.2." On duty time means all from the time a driver begins work or is REQUIRED TO BE IN READINESS (i.e.start time) etc etc etc," Needless to say that If my loads were not ready at my appointed start time I was on the dock with no questions asked.