TForce | Step Away From My Dolly

wow

That's right, we can resolve problems with fellow employees without violence. Its a bad time of the year to be out a job.

A fella I knew got into a fight with a fellow employee at a hotel after his shift and was terminated right around this time. Not a time to be out of work.
We can fight off the property if we wish...it has happened more than once.

wow

That's right, we can resolve problems with fellow employees without violence. Its a bad time of the year to be out a job.

A fella I knew got into a fight with a fellow employee at a hotel after his shift and was terminated right around this time. Not a time to be out of work.

In the instance I'm talking about, the driver got into an argument at the terminal with a layover driver, than followed him to the hotel where the company had an account and fought it out there.

In the instance I'm talking about, the driver got into an argument at the terminal with a layover driver, than followed him to the hotel where the company had an account and fought it out there.

We have a college for deaf students.
Two room mates at that school a few years back got in an argument with their signing on their fingers.
One got so mad he shot his room mate dead.

So this is a sad case of letting something get way out of hand.
(Nope no pun intended)

Its always better to just laugh it off,and let it go.

arguing,and fighting never resolves anything.
It takes a better person just to concider the source of the anger as ignorence,and walk away from it.

We have a college for deaf students.
Two room mates at that school a few years back got in an argument with their signing on their fingers.
One got so mad he shot his room mate dead.

So this is a sad case of letting something get way out of hand.
(Nope no pun intended)

Its always better to just laugh it off,and let it go.

arguing,and fighting never resolves anything.
It takes a better person just to concider the source of the anger as ignorence,and walk away from it.

No need to loose a good job over this issue. This has been an issue for a long time but especially over the past two years. My suggestion is call S. Barker. He is the big Safety man and I beleive he works out of SLC or KCM, either way he is a geniue UPS guy and they listen to him. He is worthless other than to be used to resolve these types of issues.

As far as the topic of the dollys.
we city drivers have assigned tractors,two wheel hand carts,and pallet jacks that the company owns and we need to do our jobs.

Nobody is to take any of our equipment,unless we are off,and the TM gives the ok.

Then why can't the dollys be assigned to you linehaul drivers,so you can have it to use when you need it?

There you go problem solved,now lets all just get along from here on in.

As far as the topic of the dollys.
we city drivers have assigned tractors,two wheel hand carts,and pallet jacks that the company owns and we need to do our jobs.

Nobody is to take any of our equipment,unless we are off,and the TM gives the ok.

Then why can't the dollys be assigned to you linehaul drivers,so you can have it to use when you need it?

There you go problem solved,now lets all just get along from here on in.
Usually the only time someone has an assigned dolly is if it has test tires on it.

It wouldn't make economical sense to break a set just so the driver can keep a dolly when you do a meet and turn (in which case both sets would have to be dropped out and re-hooked, creating a .6 for each driver...1.2 hours of hooks when all that should be payed is a .4 total)...or drop a through load at a terminal where you would have to drop out only to have someone else put the same pups back together again...which would be a .6 instead of a .2(not including driver one's outbound hooks and driver two's inbound drops).

I usually don't drop out until I find out if I'm set up with my outbound pups....if so, I drop my rear and spot my dolly at my new rear, then drop my lead.

If I'm not set up I drop my dolly right beside where I drop my lead(so that it is in sight) and grab it when I'm done.

If I am at a terminal that has oodles of dollies, I don't worry too much about which one I have.
I do prefer the dollies with the landing gear rather than the new junk Silver Eagles UPS is buying or the 50/50 chance of successfully pulling the kingpin MC dollies.

The other reason it wouldn't work is the same reason the last dolly thread was started.....We don't always pull pups.
If you go to a terminal that has vans loaded and no pups, their not going to send you out empty just because you have to keep your precious dolly when you can be moving freight in a van.

two pups and a dolly are equal to one van in the trailer pool.

Is that considered road rage?

Yard Rage: A new addition to all dictionaries will be added this year as the rage between hostlers and drivers heightens. This is becoming a phenomenon in LTL trucking yards. It can occur as hostlers grab certain coupling devices known as dollies, joe dogs, con-gears, etc. away from road drivers who are breaking up their equipment for placement at a dock, or building units for transfer to another terminal. It has recently led to fights and will continue to do so as the industry pressure steadily pisses people off to the point of fighting. Fighting can lead to disciplinary action including suspension, and/or termination. The lack of basic consideration for fellow employees is the reason for Yard Rage and should stop immediately if not sooner.

I take the drivers side on this one, a dolly in the yard of to the side only means the driver is breaking down his set and will come back and use it or come back and put it with the other dollies so as a good jocky drive around it and go to the corner of the yard and get one from the , like 20 or 25 dollies just sitting ,,, oh but you may have to push it out ,,too much work for a jocky,, just take the one that is out in the yard all alone ,, and when the driver comes back and punches you in the face for taking the dolly you KNOW he was coming back for dont tell him you didnt see his name on it. and what is a reach around???

Well then so much for my simple solution of assigning dollies.
This just goes to show this 45 year veteren city driver that.
I'm pretty close to clueless with my knowledge of our linehaul operation.

My simple solution went south right fast with a more brainy road man.
Mr.GLAD TO BE UPSF sure blew my great idea out into never never land.

Ok I'm going to go back to the idea that I posted before having wheel locks,like the ones that are attached to ilegal parked vehicles.
When you linehaul folks break up your set,all you have to do is lock one wheel on the dolly,and it will be your when you need it again.
Sorry thats the best I can do to bring some closer to this very difficult so it would seem topic.

Under a contract this is considered a cardinal sin and usually results in termination. Only way the union can get you out of this if you are in a fight is a "point of order" which basically let's everyone know this was a cardinal but the mgmt waited too late to fire the employees so they get their jobs back because did not follow the procedures timely. If they are writing this into the contract then it has really become a big problem and they are setting the stage to get ride of some people.

MFASU,
There are times when a company will terminate an employee but never really intend it to stick. Take a serious accident for example......they want it on record that they tried to fire the guy/gal but the Union get them back on....they think, and might be right, that if it happens again anytime soon the next firing might stick. The thing about a termination is this...we have to win every time....the company only has to win once.

Yard Rage: A new addition to all dictionaries will be added this year as the rage between hostlers and drivers heightens. This is becoming a phenomenon in LTL trucking yards. It can occur as hostlers grab certain coupling devices known as dollies, joe dogs, con-gears, etc. away from road drivers who are breaking up their equipment for placement at a dock, or building units for transfer to another terminal. It has recently led to fights and will continue to do so as the industry pressure steadily pisses people off to the point of fighting. Fighting can lead to disciplinary action including suspension, and/or termination. The lack of basic consideration for fellow employees is the reason for Yard Rage and should stop immediately if not sooner.

I should have put Road Driver rage.