Yellow | Summary of the Agreement for the Restructuring of the YRCWorldwide

I was thinking about the pension aspects of this more in depth. If this is voted in, ALL TEAMSTERS, have waived the right to the resumption of FULL PENSION payments in 01/11. NOWHERE in this agreement does it say the pension funds have agreed to ANY OF THIS. All they need to do is REFUSE to accept the 25% contribution rate and WE GET NOTHING. NO PENSION FOR ANYONE FOR 5 YEARS. Think I am wrong? There is nothing in this agreement restoring full rate if the funds reject it. Remember the unknown consequences of the last NMFA that eliminated thousands of Teamster jobs, just like I said it would. Here is another warning for all.

I was just discussing that point with the little lady earlier tonight. The question that came up was if the company isn't paying anything into the pensions, how will the pensions survive? At some point, if the money doesn't start flowing back into the pension funds, the current pension recipients will be forced to take a cut. Guaranteed. Good point V.

I was thinking about the pension aspects of this more in depth. If this is voted in, ALL TEAMSTERS, have waived the right to the resumption of FULL PENSION payments in 01/11. NOWHERE in this agreement does it say the pension funds have agreed to ANY OF THIS. All they need to do is REFUSE to accept the 25% contribution rate and WE GET NOTHING. NO PENSION FOR ANYONE FOR 5 YEARS. Think I am wrong? There is nothing in this agreement restoring full rate if the funds reject it. Remember the unknown consequences of the last NMFA that eliminated thousands of Teamster jobs, just like I said it would. Here is another warning for all.

Sounds like our Union Officials did a lousy job of negotiating this latest round of concessions,where are the details of the pension concession,the 4 hr concession,etc. why are we paying those idiots so much money.

Sure it's the companies fault for getting us into this mess, but what the h*** is wrong with our Union officials to expect us to vote on something so vague.Have they just given up?

Last edited by a moderator:
They know it's this or the unemployment line and the collapse of the funds period, it's called grasping at straws to try and salvage something.................

The company is trying to turn back as much of the contract that they can, as quick as they can. This recession may not last much longer, so they need to gut the contract fast. Most companies will take full advantage of bad times. When they have the excuse for rolling back everything that their employees have gained in the past, they want to take advantage of it before things start looking positive. They can't get away with robbing employees unless they have a good excuse. So they are just taking advantage of the opportunity. Remember the Company's motto.........Never let a good recession go to waste.

They know it's this or the unemployment line and the collapse of the funds period, it's called grasping at straws to try and salvage something.................

It is NOT THEIR JOB to decide what the members accept. It is only their job to bring proposals to the membership for voting. The straws they are grasping at....

All the casuals that are created by this POS agreement will ALL BE DUES PAYING, NON BENEFIT RECEIVING MEMBERS.

grasping at straws might be true if all they were going for is money.. but there changing the contract, they think there in position to re-write the master freight agreement without waiting for the contract to expire, and having the votes of ABF and any other union LTL that might swing the vote against them. Im sure zollers was sitting there saying, " we have a opportunity here to bust the teamsters once and for all.
Does anyone out there remember the battle between USF and the Teamsters that led to the closing of Red Star?? USF was putting stickers and leaflets out that changed the teamsters logo from 2 stallions over a wheel to 2 jackasses over a flat tire. this is what this company thinks about the teamsters! right now there peeing on us and saying its raining, and this contract is basically a used condom there trying to give us and calling it a umbrella.

Work rules cost the company money, you may or may not believe it but it does, this was a way for us(those of us that are working) to keep the same wage and keep the company afloat, of course it's going to cost jobs and that's where the savings will come from, I'm sure we can all name a work rule that costs money?

Work rules cost the company money, you may or may not believe it but it does, this was a way for us(those of us that are working) to keep the same wage and keep the company afloat, of course it's going to cost jobs and that's where the savings will come from, I'm sure we can all name a work rule that costs money?

what will Cost yrc money is if this BS deal passes.. I too am working at present, and i figure running the fork blades through 1 skid a day this ripoff lasts will more then offset the money there stealing from me! might sound a little radical to some of you, but remember this, for every action theres a equal and opposite reaction. although i wont steal, i dont have a problem going oooopppss.

I can live with this. Very little here would hurt me and the pension resumption is the key. Anybody who has a defined pension plan in this day and age should protect it with his life ! Not to mention free health care and a lazymans job !

It's easy to see a management scum afraid for his or her job when they posts in here. Talking about free health care & a lazy man's job.
I'm voting no. If this place goes out I'll find another crap job like this one but you management pukes won't be able to find a 60 to 90 grand job being an ******* to people.
So after they let you go & I come through your drive thru, don't screw up my order.

what will Cost yrc money is if this BS deal passes.. I too am working at present, and i figure running the fork blades through 1 skid a day this ripoff lasts will more then offset the money there stealing from me! might sound a little radical to some of you, but remember this, for every action theres a equal and opposite reaction. although i wont steal, i dont have a problem going oooopppss.

And that attitude is exactly a big part of the current problem:17:

amen brother.glad i am not the only one.

Jay C , your actually talking sense, hope some of the people listen to you. For all the guys that want to vote no, go look for a job, find one and quit. I understand there position and resrect the decision to vote no. But don't bring everyone else down because you want to close the company, there's a lot of guys out there with family's who need the insurance and the income. I retired in January of this year and some of the quotes I read here some of these guys think its 1968 again. Good posts Jay C.
Never said I wanted to close the company down. I too have a family, need the income, and insurance. A 'NO" will force YRC to come back with another proposal.... Maybe one we can live with. I work for Holland, and am tired of YRC charging us ungodly amounts of money for using terminals and equipment we use to own!! If we work as "one" company, why have these charges??? I for one, wish Holland could vote separately, as New Penn is allowed. By the way, nothing against the drivers I know and talk to on a daily basis, but not scared to say how I feel about the company that owns us!

they have not posted a profit after been given hundreds of millions of dollars. how are work rules going to help.

This kind of thinking is our problem. Listen to this guy talk, I, I, I, Me, Me, and ME! Does he understand what union means? It probably don't concern you now, fr8holler, but down the line it will. It doesn’t affect you, but it affects most Teamsters. The south are used to companies :shit:ting on yall. I'm making 50 dollars more than a man who is on unemployment. I made this much money 20 years ago. Lets not forget what the health and welfare is doing for us, we have to pay the first 700 dollars a year and 10% of the bill after that. They snuck that in sometime ago and you don't find out until you go to the hospital. So they have never give, they always take. The golden rule my Brothers, "when you give back, the company is going under" The only thing holding this company up, is the teamsters. We gave them 18 months, I thought they would ask for a year more at the most, but to give them 5 more years and a drop in the pension bucket is a disgrace! Lets keep the little dignity we have left my Brothers and vote NO !

Who knows ? But with free medical care , 1200 bucks a week ,good working conditions (still far better then almost anyone else in trucking )3 weeks vacation and even at 25 % far more money invested in our retirement than any non union company pays , I sure as hell would not vote myself into unemployment.
If somehow someone could resurrect CF on condition that we'd have to work under these rules in return for my old seniority and job back , I would kill for the chance.
But CF is gone and nothing in the world will ever bring it back.

Show me where they are getting back into the pension funds for SURE. And may I again direct your attention to the fact the 25% if and when ever it may start will be at the July 2009 rate not the current rate. I seen where you said you came form CF. If that is true and I say again if that is true then you have to be management. Because that was what 11 years ago that CF closed and that type of seniority does not carry very well at YRC. And that would explain your post. So now that we Teamsters know your position at YRC we understand your weak attempts to squeeze a few votes to help save your cowardly job. You have answered one of my questions from the previous post. You would stoop to ANYTHING TO KEEP LIVING OFF THE BACKS OF teamsters.