Yellow | Taxpayers Subsidize Walmart And America's Richest Family $7.8 Billion Annually!

Doesn't meet the definition of "Subsidy".

Stoney,gotta agree with you. You are sticking with the strict definition of subsidy.
I believe most are using the general interpretation.
Such as Band Aid had morphed into the catch all for adhesive strips
Do you only use Kleenex? Refer to the brand specific ?
Because if you refer to the Wal Mart facial tissue as Kleenex you would be wrong.

Stoney,gotta agree with you. You are sticking with the strict definition of subsidy.
I believe most are using the general interpretation.
Such as Band Aid had morphed into the catch all for adhesive strips
Do you only use Kleenex? Refer to the brand specific ?
Because if you refer to the Wal Mart facial tissue as Kleenex you would be wrong.

Oh please. It's imperative we use the word "Subsidy" properly here. People actually think government is GIVING money to Wal-Mart when that word is used. That's a lie. It sells a false narative to fool the public.

Isn't that contradicting the answer you gave in post #138? I must be missing something. :smile:
You're being petty. It's a matter of semantics. OK, I'll clarify it or adjust it for you, whatever you want to call it. If a break is given to on individual or privileged, finite group of individuals I would consider it a subsidy. You can call it whatever you want.

ABFer unless government is GIVING money not earned to someone, its not a subsidy. Doesn't matter if everyone gets the breaks or not.

Not semantics or petty.

A subsidy is a form of financial or in kind support extended to an economic sector (or institution, business, or individual) generally with the aim of promoting economic and social policy.[1] Although commonly extended from Government, the term subsidy can relate to any type of support - for example from NGOs or implicit subsidies. Subsidies come in various forms including: direct (cash grants, interest-free loans) and indirect (tax breaks, insurance, low-interest loans, depreciation write-offs, rent rebates).[2] Furthermore, they can be broad or narrow, legal or illegal, ethical or unethical. The most common forms of subsidies are those to the producer or the consumer. Producer/Production subsidies ensure producers are better off by either supplying market price support, direct support, or payments to factors of production.[1] Consumer/Consumption subsidies commonly reduce the price of goods and services to the consumer. For example, in the US at one time it was cheaper to buy gasoline than bottled water.[3]

Wow indirect tax breaks, wow how's the for a definition LOL,

Truth is we all lose when our tax dollars go to support corporations,

A subsidy is a form of financial or in kind support extended to an economic sector (or institution, business, or individual) generally with the aim of promoting economic and social policy.[1] Although commonly extended from Government, the term subsidy can relate to any type of support - for example from NGOs or implicit subsidies. Subsidies come in various forms including: direct (cash grants, interest-free loans) and indirect (tax breaks, insurance, low-interest loans, depreciation write-offs, rent rebates).[2] Furthermore, they can be broad or narrow, legal or illegal, ethical or unethical. The most common forms of subsidies are those to the producer or the consumer. Producer/Production subsidies ensure producers are better off by either supplying market price support, direct support, or payments to factors of production.[1] Consumer/Consumption subsidies commonly reduce the price of goods and services to the consumer. For example, in the US at one time it was cheaper to buy gasoline than bottled water.[3]

From Wikipedia! LOL! I'll stick with Webster's Dictionary.

Stop being stupid. Is government GIVING money to Wal-Mart or allowing them to keep more of their own earned money in a tax break. Which is it?

Like I said, for Definition of words, I'll go with Webster's Dictionary over Wikipedia. Wikipedia is good for many things, but not definition of words.

How are our tax dollars going to corporations in a tax break? What's a tax break? If one year the corporation has to pay 50% in taxes, but the next year they get a 10% tax break, meaning they have to pay 40% in taxes. Where did government give money to the corporation?

Now if the corporation gets a 50% tax break from their 50% tax rate, and the government gives the corporation money on top of that 50% tax break, than ya thats a subsidy.

Green Energy gets true subsidies, because they don't make a profit, thus they don't pay taxes, but government gives them money. That's a subsidy. But you liberals don't say a word about that.

You know who really pays when we tax the corporations? Little hint, it isn't the corporations.

Last edited by a moderator:
[1] Although commonly extended from Government, the term subsidy can relate to any type of support - for example from NGOs or implicit subsidies. Subsidies come in various forms including: direct (cash grants, interest-free loans) and indirect (tax breaks, insurance, low-interest loans, depreciation write-offs, rent rebates)

Where did Wikipedia get that definition? From a couple guys named N. Myers and J. Kent. Who are they? Just a couple morons giving their warped opinions. I pulled this pic from Wikipedia where you got definition.
9uquve5a.jpg

You didn't win **** moron, here's the deal corporations pay taxes these taxes go to support the local economy,

A good example of a use of this tax money is making and repairing the roads another good example is the police without these things it would be hard to do business,
Stoney has laid out very well what a tax subsidy is and has provided definitions to back it up. You continue to rant on with talk about your beliefs and rhetoric, beliefs and facts are not the same thing, and you want to call Stoney a moron,hhmmmm

Stoney has laid out very well what a tax subsidy is and has provided definitions to back it up. You continue to rant on with talk about your beliefs and rhetoric, beliefs and facts are not the same thing, and you want to call Stoney a moron,hhmmmm
I believe that Stoney started with the name calling and moron was one of the words he specifically used and uses every time someone disagrees with him. I suspect that he felt compelled to return the favor. I find Stonehead to be much more appropriate.