Yellow | Taxpayers Subsidize Walmart And America's Richest Family $7.8 Billion Annually!

I believe that Stoney started with the name calling and moron was one of the words he specifically used and uses every time someone disagrees with him. I suspect that he felt compelled to return the favor. I find Stonehead to be much more appropriate.

Easy fix, stop being a moron and I won't have to call these morons out on it.

Stoney has laid out very well what a tax subsidy is and has provided definitions to back it up. You continue to rant on with talk about your beliefs and rhetoric, beliefs and facts are not the same thing, and you want to call Stoney a moron,hhmmmm

I would assume it would be how you interpreted it..I agree with hammerdownat62 that when a business comes to an area they should by all means pay their fair share of taxes.. But our government allows for exceptions so the likes of a Walmart comes to your neighborhood.. Why should Walmart get all these tax incentives .. My wife when she had her business didn't.. She paid her fair share.. along with all the other small businesses that went out since the big bad Walmart showed up..Oh and before you get into the "JOBS" that they create ,90% of them were part time with no bennies and the 10% that was left were filled by people transferring there... And since they did away with my dream job, their "Greeters" my dream job for retirement went away also..

I would assume it would be how you interpreted it..I agree with hammerdownat62 that when a business comes to an area they should by all means pay their fair share of taxes.. But our government allows for exceptions so the likes of a Walmart comes to your neighborhood.. Why should Walmart get all these tax incentives .. My wife when she had her business didn't.. She paid her fair share.. along with all the other small businesses that went out since the big bad Walmart showed up..Oh and before you get into the "JOBS" that they create ,90% of them were part time with no bennies and the 10% that was left were filled by people transferring there... And since they did away with my dream job, their "Greeters" my dream job for retirement went away also..

Fair share? Everyone gets exceptions. Married couples get a lower rate than singles. A couple with kids gets breaks that a couple with no kids don't get. Home owners get breaks renters don't get. I see none of guys bitching about that. But God forbid a corporation get a tax break that a small business doesn't get.
You libs wanted a complicated tax code that treats everyone differently, but when it doesn't benefit you, you cry like little girls.
Was your wife to employ hundreds of people? Was your wife going to sell thousands upon thousands of products?

Who loses out when a corporation doesn't get those special tax incentives? The community that's who. That corporation will just take their business elsewhere who will offer them those special tax incentives. And that community loses out on the jobs and services of that business.

Who actually pays the corporate taxes? Little hint, it isn't the corporation. When you say tax the corporation, in reality you're saying tax the consumer. So why tax business at all?

Fair share? Everyone gets exceptions. Married couples get a lower rate than singles. A couple with kids gets breaks that a couple with no kids don't get. Home owners get breaks renters don't get. I see none of guys bitching about that. But God forbid a corporation get a tax break that a small business doesn't get.
You libs wanted a complicated tax code that treats everyone differently, but when it doesn't benefit you, you cry like little girls.
Was your wife to employ hundreds of people? Was your wife going to sell thousands upon thousands of products?

Who loses out when a corporation doesn't get those special tax incentives? The community that's who. That corporation will just take their business elsewhere who will offer them those special tax incentives. And that community loses out on the jobs and services of that business.

Who actually pays the corporate taxes? Little hint, it isn't the corporation. When you say tax the corporation, in reality you're saying tax the consumer. So why tax business at all?

You really don't have a clue..why should a big corporation get a tax break that the local small business cannot?? And how to you compare personal income tax to Corporate taxes.. You live in another world..

Libs?? Why is it that every time someone disagrees with you you can label them a lib??? Again you live in another world.. How about "FAIR tax??? Is that what you want?? I do!! Everyone including Walmart would pay their fair share... That is what this thread is about...

When you take away the incentive it puts WM on a more level playing field with everybody else.

You really don't have a clue..why should a big corporation get a tax break that the local small business cannot?? And how to you compare personal income tax to Corporate taxes.. You live in another world.

Why should a married couple get a lower tax than a single person? Why should a couple with kids get a tax credit that a cover with no kids get? Why should a home owner get a tax break that renters don't get?

I don't see you complaining about the tax breaks you get that many others get.

I'm talking about the tax code in general.

Libs?? Why is it that every time someone disagrees with you you can label them a lib??? Again you live in another world.. How about "FAIR tax??? Is that what you want?? I do!! Everyone including Walmart would pay their fair share... That is what this thread is about...

Because you're spewing the liberal talking points. You may be pretty conservative in other area's, but you're damn near Marxist when it comes to taxes. It's a Marxist belief that tax breaks are subsidies. I was being nice with the liberal label.

The current tax code isnt about fairness. It's about promoting the growth and funding government needs.

I see you didn't address my question. You actually pays the corporate taxes? Only a fool believes a corporation does.

Originally Posted by Stoney
Why should a married couple get a lower tax than a single person? Why should a couple with kids get a tax credit that a cover with no kids get? Why should a home owner get a tax break that renters don't get?

Why do I pay excessive school taxes when I no longer have any kids in school??

I'm talking about the tax code in general.

Again I believe there should be a fair tax but evidently you do not... As you still want Walmart to get breaks..

Because you're spewing the liberal talking points. You may be pretty conservative in other area's,

Again you have to look around,there are quite a few of us now,it is called "independents"..not married to one policy of one party..

I see you didn't address my question. You actually pays the corporate taxes? Only a fool believes a corporation does.

I have but you don't seem to get it.. Now follow me on this..If you know anything about how a business works, Taxes come out of ANY profits that the corporation might make.. If their tax liability is a little more than yes their profits would be down but trust me they are not going to raise their prices it will be the stockholders who get hit a little..You listen to too much if that right winged conservative radio.. You really gotta start thinking for yourself.

<snip>
I have but you don't seem to get it.. Now follow me on this..If you know anything about how a business works, Taxes come out of ANY profits that the corporation might make.. If their tax liability is a little more than yes their profits would be down but trust me they are not going to raise their prices it will be the stockholders who get hit a little..You listen to too much if that right winged conservative radio.. You really gotta start thinking for yourself.

Crazy, I have to disagree with you somewhat here. Corporations don't actually "pay" tax in the sense that they pass tax amounts on to the consumers of their products or services in the form of higher prices. Ultimately we the consumer/end user pay those taxes in the form of higher prices. We in the US have one of the highest corporate tax rates in the industrialized world.

Corporate tax rates table | KPMG | GLOBAL

The U.S. Has the Highest Corporate Income Tax Rate in the OECD | Tax Foundation

Crazy, I have to disagree with you somewhat here. Corporations don't actually "pay" tax in the sense that they pass tax amounts on to the consumers of their products or services in the form of higher prices. Ultimately we the consumer/end user pay those taxes in the form of higher prices. We in the US have one of the highest corporate tax rates in the industrialized world.

Prices are set according to what the taxes are.. We are talking about Walmart and they will not raise prices to offset any increase in taxes it would be put onto their shareholders in the form of lower payouts.. And having a neighbor from Germany that still has family there I agree with you about being the highest in the world.. Simple solution for all of this is the fair tax but as long as you have republicans and democrats running the government IMO you will never see it..

I just have to ask where you stand on this. Is a tax break to Walmart or any other single company a subsidy in your opinion? I looked through the thread a bit and didn't see your stance on it, please forgive me if it's there and I didn't find it.

I just have to ask where you stand on this. Is a tax break to Walmart or any other single company a subsidy in your opinion? I looked through the thread a bit and didn't see your stance on it, please forgive me if it's there and I didn't find it.
Hmmm don't like that question, eh.

End taxing Income on all levels. Repeal the 16th Amendment. Go with the Fair Tax! fairtax.org

No more withholding, all workers benefit.

No corporate taxes- we become the lowest taxed nation in the world and biz flows back to our shores!

No filing, no dodging, no living according to a tax code. Everyone gets a 500@ month prebate for the amount the poor pay in taxes. Then everyone pays on sales. Couldn't be better....

End taxing Income on all levels. Repeal the 16th Amendment. Go with the Fair Tax! fairtax.org

No corporate taxes- we become the lowest taxed nation in the world and biz flows back to our shores!

No filing, no dodging, no living according to a tax code. Everyone gets a 500@ month prebate for the amount the poor pay in taxes. Then everyone pays on sales. Couldn't be better....
Reality is different than ink and paper.
Go look at magoo's thread on who pays most taxes.
Mexicans pay less %. And we know our jobs go there.

http://www.truckingboards.com/forum/politics/105569-kansas-takes-wooping.html

I know your ideas come from the right, which I have a hard time trusting because their trickle down tax ideas never really trickle down to far.
Usually scams for the richest.
And I know my previous link is about income tax.
But to illustrate more about how the rights great tax ideas aren't so great, read the story of how it backfired here:

http://www.truckingboards.com/forum/politics/105569-kansas-takes-wooping.html

Call it what you want, but walmart and many large corporations get what I would call a subsidy if you want to call it an incentive or something else that's fine call it what ever you want

Stoney has laid out very well what a tax subsidy is and has provided definitions to back it up. You continue to rant on with talk about your beliefs and rhetoric, beliefs and facts are not the same thing, and you want to call Stoney a moron,hhmmmm

Actually abf was correct I was just throwing back what was tossed at me,

Are you saying that walmart does not get special treatment????????

Sounds good in theory and I am all for it but the fact remains that we will be taxed the same either way. Cut one tax, add another to cover it. But if we were taxed on money as it was spent even those on welfare would be paying taxes, I'd like to see that.

Why do I pay excessive school taxes when I no longer have any kids in school??

Doesn't sound fair uh? Probably because it's not, but like I said our current tax code isn't based on fairness.

Again I believe there should be a fair tax but evidently you do not... As you still want Walmart to get breaks..

I believe in the Fair Tax too, but thats not happening anytime soon. So untill than we need to promote the tax policy thatencourages growth and still finds our government. And if giving business, specifically big business tax breaks than so be it n

Again you have to look around,there are quite a few of us now,it is called "independents"..not married to one policy of one party..

Ya, keep telling yourself that. And I didn't say anything about party. I didn't call you a Democrat. Liberalism is a belief, an idea, not a party. I know of many liberal Republicans.

These companies everyone calls greedy will just take less profits? Uh no. They will find a way to cover that increase of cost of business. If they can't raise the costs of goods because of market forces, they'll take from the employees in pay or benefits or both.
They're won't just let the shareholders eat the cost without trying.
But let's say they can't pass the cost on, and ya many times because of competition they can't. Than ya the shareholders will take the hit. Now how is that a good thing? Shareholders are men like you and I. Our pensions and 401ks are invested in companies like Wal-Mart.