Yellow | Teamsters it's time to retire!

i believe we can blame our unions for the reason so many have to stay so long . im sure yrc would like to see all the 5 and 6 week vacations just go away but the union sure wouldnt want that to happen as they would probably all go broke.

Tell me about it. I'm on my 19th year, and only half way. Started @ age 19, got 19 years to go. Then I will be 57 yrs. old. What a frigging rip off. Hell, The whole DAMN system is screwed.......

Tell me about it. I'm on my 19th year, and only half way. Started @ age 19, got 19 years to go. Then I will be 57 yrs. old. What a frigging rip off. Hell, The whole DAMN system is screwed.......

If things keep going like they are, there will be NO union in 19 years.

Ponder on that for awhile.

I am in my 31st year at Roadway. I'm not sure when I'm going to retire. I am only 57 years old. Some of the guy's have 30 years now but are only 50 years old. You can thank Central States for this....penealties and high priced health insurance.....and money Central States should have for us may or may not be there......They need to fix Central States, but not by cutting pensions.....Don't slam an older Teamster with out understanding why....

Roadway Teamster at Kansas City......

This job is no place to be as you approach 60. We have many that should retire but come to work with health problems, not to mention they look a h_ll of alot older than they are. Here's the chance for them to be the hero's and save jobs,and themselves.:bowdown:

This job is no place to be as you approach 60. We have many that should retire but come to work with health problems, not to mention they look a h_ll of alot older than they are. Here's the chance for them to be the hero's and save jobs,and themselves.:bowdown:

Not going to happen, alot of these older (over 62) have made this their life. They have nothing else to enjoy except to work, I personnally think it's more fear then selfishness or greed then to venture out(and being paid for it)and do something that can be awhole lot more enjoyable then this freight game. I also know that as every year goes by that it is one that you will not get back to do whatever. So to get back to topic :chairshot:your wasting your time. Flip side of the coin,they put in their time, are senior and can do whatever they want it's just the way it is. Another thing I have noticed is it bugs the hell out of mngmt because their job can't be threatened with childish things (unless they might be a fraidycat) because reached the top plateau! p.s. Those who don't have your years in and have reached 62 this does not apply to you.

dont you ever tell a union brother when its time

everyman knows when his time to retire is if you not happy with that go work for fed ex dont tell these men what to do just because you think that will save your sorry *** they paid there dues many many times and a lot of us do know what its like starting over trust me i want to retire but my pension isnt enough to live on im only 57 with 28 yrs should i quit so you can save your sorry *** pay your dues youll make it some day but till then quit whinnin:nutkick:

I am a young member at age 31. I became a teamster at 22. Growing up in the coal fields of WV, I have been around the union lifestyle my whole life. Not nessesarily the teamsters. You get my drift. The biggest problem that I can see with the older members, causing them to not feel they can retire, is their lifestyle. I admit with the wadges over the years that indeed we can have a few of the finer things but, come on. Some of the biggest, finest homes I have ever seen. Not to mention the Top of the line cars and trucks. Not that they/we dont deserve it, but rich is not something we are. You look at the ones that retire between 25 and 35 years and you can see why. They live in the blue collor homes with maybe only the upgraded windows. And thats how and what the system was designed for. They are crushing my hopes of retiring early simply because they wont leave and let the new ones in to help carry me. I simply say this, downsize, admit you mistakes of overspending and quit being greedy. If you aint RICH yet, you aint gonna be.

One Thing To Remember

The day you start drawing your pension, it starts getting ate up by inflation. What ever you get that first year, is the best that it will ever get. Everything you buy gets more expensive year after year. Later, Mustache:smilie_132:

And that is exactly why I say you gotta live blue collor. You get that extra little bit to make it easier to make your payments and be able to lay a little back to enjoy things with your family or simply save for retirement. The whole system was built around good wages so you could live a little easier without killing yourself while being able to enjoy your family and retire at a decent age.

My father worked on a strip mining job for years until he became injured. He never made wages like we make nor did he enjoy the cushion of a pension. We lived in a simple home, he drove the ford not the BMW and neither did my mother. Now he is retired and simply lives on social security. And I tell you that he could hand me money if I was in need. So dont tell me that Im mistaken about the lifestyles that some of these members try to BOAST about. And that that is not part of or indeed their biggest problem.

damn that makes sence get rid of everything you worked your life for and downsize so the kids can get more time! if its gonna be here it will be firgire it out it isnt the older guys it the economy that your fighting if you drive for one of the yrc groups you aint :TR10driving03:never gonna see it anyways so it would behove you to go look somewhere else for your golden spoon :hysterical:

It is just a contest to see who his the richest guy in the grave yard. When all these people are taking their dirt naps and wondering what pool boy their wife is spending all that hard earned money on, I sure it was worth it. Why retire in a couple of years sounds like to me you got more like 10 or 15 left, why not go for the prized honor of oldest YRC employee, who is dumb enough to keep working. I say die with a wheel or box in your hand. Everyone at your terminal will miss you for about 2 seconds and say good I move up he was ahead of me. FEEL THE HATE, FEEEEEELLLL ITTTTTTTT.:tongue0002::eck15::puke: If you do not like it QUIT.
first of all love master of puppets but i'm more of a AND JUSTICE FOR ALL GUY. anyway i feel what your saying and i feel the hate for these idiots. it is sad enough that these brokedown old men have nothing else to look forward to other than showing up to work an hour early and sitting around *****ing about everything but now they have to take food out of their coworkers mouths just because their lives have become so empty and hollow that YRC is all they got, PATHETIC. and i'm sure i'll get some bitter comments from the SENIOR ONES, only because the truth hurts

i still didnt get an answer to my ?? about medical after 21yrs with roadway,and iam not trying to take $$$$ out of anybody pocket,its just that i have been on disability for 11months and was thinking of retireing

i still didnt get an answer to my ?? about medical after 21yrs with roadway,and iam not trying to take $$$$ out of anybody pocket,its just that i have been on disability for 11months and was thinking of retireing

I don't think anyone is going to accuse you of taking anything out of anyones pockets. I would suggest that you speak with your business agent or someone from your local and ask them if you are entitled to medical after 21 years. They are the ones who would be able to give you the best answers.

$$$$ for YRCW

Why not sell a plot to these old guys so that when they die you can plant them under the slab on the dock.
Think about it Yellow gets a fee for the spot
You are happy he is gone you move up
RIP at the old rock.

i work for roadway not yellow.check out yrc stock today.what happens if the stock drops to o$ does that mean the company closes its doors?nobody seems 2 have the answer.jackal

I am in my 31st year at Roadway and I am 57. If I retired now thru Central States insurance for me and my wife would be $690.00 per month.( Goes up in Feburary) The soonest you cab draw insurance is age 57. Hope that helps....

if stock goes to $0 it will become delisted! that in itself.will not force a company to close its doors! by then its credit rating rating will be shot! it will not be able to raise cash! theres a whole list of reqiurements that would have to be met, before it can be relisted again!!!